Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Co Central's Football schedule 09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
who do you guys think we will lose to??? im seriously seeing an 8-2 record or even 9-1
After a closer look 6-4 (Belfry, Perry, Whitley and Harlan)
58fan Wrote:I am hoping that they may be looking to take the team to another UK game. UK plays Miss State the next day

That's what I have heard. The last time they did this for them UK played Mississippi State and we left early because it was a blowout.:redboxer: Only the second time I've ever left a UK game early (neither by my own choice). Hazzbeen probably remembers how mad I was :BigLaugh:
Good year for LCC to play Belfry should be a very close game . I would say 7-3 maybe 6-4.
Snare43 Wrote:After a closer look 6-4 (Belfry, Perry, Whitley and Harlan)

You really think that Perry Co Central is going to beat us on our field. How many seniors did they loose?
cougarpride08 Wrote:of all the teams hilliard could get why get a team that is the worst in the 3a? Does that really get your team ready for the playoffs?

I obviously don't know for sure what the Coach was thinking, but some possible thoughts:

1. The week before the playoffs begin, he wants to play a weaker opponent so his starters can get some rest and heal up. Perhaps there weren't any such opponents closer and open that week.

2. It would make zero sense to play Johnson Central that week with such philosophy in mind. JC is a tough, physical football team this year and wouldn't resulted in starters getting rest and healing up. Plus, LCC and JC could match up in the playoffs in a couple of weeks after the end of the regular season. Some coaches don't like scheduling opponents late in the season that they will see shortly in the playoffs.

3. Knowing that LCC will have to travel (likely to N. KY) if they advance deep in the playoffs, the Coach wanted them to have a long road trip under their belt. He may have felt that when they played Highlands a couple of years ago, the long trip may have taken an effect on the players. Playing Moore lets the current players have some experience with a long trip against an opponent that they can still beat.

Again, I don't know if those thoughts occurred to Coach Hilliard, but I've spent a lot of time around football coaches and a lot of them would have had those thoughts go through their minds.
charlie22 Wrote:I obviously don't know for sure what the Coach was thinking, but some possible thoughts:

1. The week before the playoffs begin, he wants to play a weaker opponent so his starters can get some rest and heal up. Perhaps there weren't any such opponents closer and open that week.

2. It would make zero sense to play Johnson Central that week with such philosophy in mind. JC is a tough, physical football team this year and wouldn't resulted in starters getting rest and healing up. Plus, LCC and JC could match up in the playoffs in a couple of weeks after the end of the regular season. Some coaches don't like scheduling opponents late in the season that they will see shortly in the playoffs.

3. Knowing that LCC will have to travel (likely to N. KY) if they advance deep in the playoffs, the Coach wanted them to have a long road trip under their belt. He may have felt that when they played Highlands a couple of years ago, the long trip may have taken an effect on the players. Playing Moore lets the current players have some experience with a long trip against an opponent that they can still beat.

Again, I don't know if those thoughts occurred to Coach Hilliard, but I've spent a lot of time around football coaches and a lot of them would have had those thoughts go through their minds.

:Thumbs: GOOD POST
I am also glad we are playing different teams in the state.
Pages: 1 2