Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hardest throwing pitchers in the 15th?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dawg@heart Wrote:Well of course it for the younger team-being the 16 year olds. He is 16. So were you saying that when you got your hits off him, he was a 7th or 8th grader?

Freshman i believe- Im not 100 percent though....
Bosox Fan Wrote:Freshman i believe- Im not 100 percent though....

That was last year-just trying to get a time frame since you said "while you were in college"......
Shew all this talk about LC makes me want to vomit. It's about the hardest pitchers in the 15th. Shep was listed and that's all we need from LC.

Moving on...
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I assume you are referring to the game against Paintsville a couple of weeks ago. It's understandable why you would have your opinion. However, just one week later he was consistantly in the 85-87 range at Pikeville. When the weather heats up and the season goes on I think you will see that being more his norm with him touching 90. There has been a lot of gross exaggerations on him being consistantly in the 90's and him throwing 94 and the such from overly zealous fans, but in reality, he is a legitimate mid to upper 80's consistant thrower who will hit 90. For a high school, especially for a sophomore that is outstanding. Not taking away anything from anybody else and not in any way diminishing anyone else's ability, but it is just my opinion that nobody else in the region can even come close to hitting those numbers even on their very best night.

so true..:worthy:

my top would be..

Sheperd-Lawrence
Lyons-Paintsville
Parker-Johnson Central
Conley-Johnson Central (although he is hurt.)
Moore-Lawrence
SolidOxygen Wrote:so true..:worthy:

my top would be..

Sheperd-Lawrence
Lyons-Paintsville
Parker-Johnson Central
Conley-Johnson Central (although he is hurt.)
Moore-Lawrence

Don't forget about Huffman? He throws harder than anyone you have listed here wth the exceptioin of Shepherd. You have good pitchers listed, but its the hardest throwing pitchers. Sometimes people forget that the 15th region is made up of more than just the 57th district, haha, just kidding. I understand though the 15th has been owned by the 57th district for the past few years now.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Don't forget about Huffman? He throws harder than anyone you have listed here wth the exceptioin of Shepherd. You have good pitchers listed, but its the hardest throwing pitchers. Sometimes people forget that the 15th region is made up of more than just the 57th district, haha, just kidding. I understand though the 15th has been owned by the 57th district for the past few years now.

Yes I knew I was forgetting somebody. lol
I guess I was just thinking bout the district instead of the region.
The Cats Pajamas Wrote:Shew all this talk about LC makes me want to vomit. It's about the hardest pitchers in the 15th. Shep was listed and that's all we need from LC.

Moving on...

WOW!!! Sounds like your either a jealous player or maybe a jealous parent. But you will be hearing alot from LC in the future, so get use to it!!! :Thumbs: :thanks:
KINGJAMES#1 Wrote:WOW!!! Sounds like your either a jealous player or maybe a jealous parent. But you will be hearing alot from LC in the future, so get use to it!!! :Thumbs: :thanks:

You and SolidOxygen are Shepherd's biggest fans it seems so lets hear some stats on him, you all say he throws hard so share some results as to what he can do with his pitches: such as innings pitched;batters faced; runs given up and how many are earned; strike outs; walks; batters hit; his W/L record; his ERA?

Yall keep saying he's the best thing around so let's see yall post some numbers to walk the walk and talk the talk.
Lefty Wrote:You and SolidOxygen are Shepherd's biggest fans it seems so lets hear some stats on him, you all say he throws hard so share some results as to what he can do with his pitches: such as innings pitched;batters faced; runs given up and how many are earned; strike outs; walks; batters hit; his W/L record; his ERA?

Yall keep saying he's the best thing around so let's see yall post some numbers to walk the walk and talk the talk.

Chandler is the real deal and I am not a LC fan.
Lefty Wrote:You and SolidOxygen are Shepherd's biggest fans it seems so lets hear some stats on him, you all say he throws hard so share some results as to what he can do with his pitches: such as innings pitched;batters faced; runs given up and how many are earned; strike outs; walks; batters hit; his W/L record; his ERA?

So I guess the fact that he is a sophomore and holds the state record for consecutive scoreless innings isn't a good enough stat for you?
I think Chandler is the real deal!
I would rather face Shep than Lyons at the plate all tho Shep throws harder than Lyons but his fastball doesnt have a lot of movement on it.

whoa whoa. i said he was good and i am a big fan of his but what i put isnt a lie now is it? Mr. Underrated.:Clap:
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:So I guess the fact that he is a sophomore and holds the state record for consecutive scoreless innings isn't a good enough stat for you?

great post:Thumbs:
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:So I guess the fact that he is a sophomore and holds the state record for consecutive scoreless innings isn't a good enough stat for you?

Just like to see some numbers posted is all. I never said the kid wasn't talented, just like to see fact in print is all. Don't quite understand what the big deal is over asking for stats myself.
SolidOxygen Wrote:whoa whoa. i said he was good and i am a big fan of his but what i put isnt a lie now is it? Mr. Underrated.:Clap:

you just so tickle me:eyeroll:
For some strange reason it seems to be important for a few on here to keep comparing Shepherd to Lyons. I don't think I ever said that Shepherd wasn't talented. I am glad to see any kid from eastern ky getting deserved recognition but come on let's not only compare him to the Lyons kid let's compare him to Cole Sturgeon of Owensboro Cath; or David Greis of Bishop Brossart; or Brian Rupard of Bourbon Co: or Dylan Carroll of Christian County just to name a few.

I guess I'm just baffled by why it's so important to some if Shepherd is better than Lyons. And I bet if you ask either one of they could care less and heck who knows they may even be friends too. Boy that would be a kicker for some of you wouldn't it???
QUOTE " guess I'm just baffled by why it's so important to some if Shepherd is better than Lyons. And I bet if you ask either one of they could care less and heck who knows they may even be friends too. Boy that would be a kicker for some of you wouldn't it???

They are!
Lefty Wrote:Just like to see some numbers posted is all. I never said the kid wasn't talented, just like to see fact in print is all. Don't quite understand what the big deal is over asking for stats myself.

I don't know many stats at all, but I do know that by the end of his freshman year i think he had around 30 wins and an ERA under like 1.60, and that is just going by the end of the year stats that are printed in the Big Sandy. Then you also have what we have already mentioned about the scoreless innings record, which i think was ended somewhere around 47 innings or something like that.
what about the kid from Pike Central-Brandon Buck Martin?
Bosox Fan Wrote:Shep is solid... He is a very good pitcher... but I do not think he is as good as he is made out to be... Not trying to take anything from him.... but I have heard people say they think he will be drafted in the first 5 rounds his senior year... Which is not true... Midland would not take him either... Their "young" teams worst pitcher is 89-91 consistantly with NASTY ofspeed stuff.... I faced Shep 1 time in high school and had 2 hits off him, and I was not much of a hitter. When I was in college I saw 2 kids that reminded me of him a lot... The number 2 at Ohio Dominican, and the number 1 at Malone University. Both of them were better then him... but I look at the fact that he is younger then them, if he stays healthy and keeps his head on straight I think he can be a high pitcher in a rotation of an NAIA school, or he can be bottom of the barrel at a D-1 school
I got an AB aganist a kid that went to Ball State and was a freshman all american last year and Shepard. Shep is just as good if not better than the other kid. He'll be big time, barring injury.
Cody is one of the best pitchers I have seen at JCHS in a while.
Pages: 1 2