Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region Top 10 Players as of April 23, 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who do you guys think are the top 10 players?
Top 5.

Rachel Thacker-JHS
Brooke Webb-JHS
Hillary Brashear- JHS
Emily Walker-JHS
Kayla Stambaugh-JHS

FACT
So, you're not a jenkins fan are you?
Smile
jenkins... hahah.. thats a big laugh...
lady.cougar.softball Wrote:jenkins... hahah.. thats a big laugh...

what's a big laugh is that you thought you were going to beat jenkins. if they were such a big laugh, you wouldnt have lost to them. really. all of you all that get on here and talk nothing but pure trash are pathetic. you should realize that jenkins was obviously the better team that night because of the score of the game. you should grow up a little, then try to have reasonable conversation about a game.
well we had jenkins 4-2 in our favor. thank you then we had a few mistakes but we have work on them... and well see u tonight.

its funny how we was above jenkins and beat then 5yrs in a roll..

but i guess no one thinks we can come back well think again theres more chances....

it might not be this yr. but we will win again...

what happens next yr when all you good players greaduate....
our team is mostly sophmores.

What's so funny about it? They may not have 5 out of 5 of the top players in the region but I would definately put Emily Walker in one of those slots, whereas no one from Letcher Central would make the cut.

And there's no way to know if someone from Letcher Central would make it because they have such a weak schedule. There is no way to measure the talent on that team due to the lack of competition, plain and simple.
lady.cougar.softball Wrote:well we had jenkins 4-2 in our favor. thank you then we had a few mistakes but we have work on them... and well see u tonight.

its funny how we was above jenkins and beat then 5yrs in a roll..

but i guess no one thinks we can come back well think again theres more chances....

it might not be this yr. but we will win again...

what happens next yr when all you good players greaduate....
our team is mostly sophmores.

There will only be 2 girls graduating this year from Jenkins, Thacher- the pitcher, and Gibson -the first baseman. Webb can step up and take Thackers place, and there are several players that can step up for Gibson. Lcc is a young team and are getting better everyday, next year should make for some competive games between these teams.
blue_eyed_girl Wrote:There will only be 2 girls graduating this year from Jenkins, Thacher- the pitcher, and Gibson -the first baseman. Webb can step up and take Thackers place, and there are several players that can step up for Gibson. Lcc is a young team and are getting better everyday, next year should make for some competive games between these teams.

the future is going to be as great as the present for jenkins though. webb pitched 4 innings for the lady cavs again boyd co. and gave up 9 runs. if she works hard and can pull it together, they have potential to be good once again.
If we can just get some young talent to work in the off season on pitching and defense, we should get back to what we was doing.
uh nine unearned runs ha ha my god you have to have defense behind you. Lets see I hear that she came in during the state tournament and got the only win the cavs had. You know if your part of the cav team why not support your team mates its not all about one player. The future looks really bright for the lady cavs for the next few years.
and I want to add one more thing I just heard that the girls was worn out because of the conditions they were playing in and back to back games. So that would speak more for the 9 unearned runs because the lady cavs has a very good defensive team.

after last night it looks like the jokes on you Wink
Playhard Wrote:and I want to add one more thing I just heard that the girls was worn out because of the conditions they were playing in and back to back games. So that would speak more for the 9 unearned runs because the lady cavs has a very good defensive team.

This is not 100% correct. The girls did tire from playing 3 consectuvie but there were not 9 unearned runs in trhis game, actually is was 4.
from what i have seen from webb, shes a good pitcher, but she tires very easily. after a few good innings, she struggles to throw a strike, let alone keep batters off balance. as a pitcher, you have to work hard and she seems to have lazy habits.
1bassman Wrote:This is not 100% correct. The girls did tire from playing 3 consectuvie but there were not 9 unearned runs in trhis game, actually is was 4.

from the post i read, strike3 said there was 9 runs given up. it was not stated whether they were earned or unearned.
batkat09 Wrote:from the post i read, strike3 said there was 9 runs given up. it was not stated whether they were earned or unearned.

You are correct but Playhard's post did refer to 9 unearned runs.

i see why you think jenkins is a big laugh, you're from lcc. really. ive noticed that you lcc fans/players have done nothing but put these girls down. they're a hard working team and they work very hard to be as good as they are.

apparently they're not too funny because you have taken 2 losses from them now, and everyone expecting a third. just like everyone else is saying, you need to grow up and be mature about losing to a good time. thats bad sportsmanship.
1bassman Wrote:You are correct but Playhard's post did refer to 9 unearned runs.

oh ok. im sorry.
Lazy habits hmmm you must be a team mate, well if you are thats pretty pitiful. Anyway I watch her workout at East Kentucky three times a week So how lazy can that be? And Bassman did Webb pitch the entire game? When does Jenkins play again I would like to come see for myself.
Playhard Wrote:Lazy habits hmmm you must be a team mate, well if you are thats pretty pitiful. Anyway I watch her workout at East Kentucky three times a week So how lazy can that be? And Bassman did Webb pitch the entire game? When does Jenkins play again I would like to come see for myself.

Webb pitched four innings in the Boyd county game. That was her longest outing of the year. She pithced 3 scoreless innings against Bracken Co. in the All A state tournament last weekend. Jenkins plays at Harlan Co. on Thursday, at Shelby Valley on Friday, and home against Pikeville Saturday at 12:00 pm to finish the regualr season. The District tournament will be next Monday and Tuesday at Cordia.
Just talked to someone that knows and batkat09 Webb has pitched several innings and she actually gets stronger as the game progresses. Anyway I'm proud of both county teams. 1st and 2nd in the District speaks pretty good about letcher County girls.
Thanks for the info Bassman, I'll try to catch one of them.
Webb has potential to be a good pitcher, but in order for her to fill the spot next season she has to dedicate her self during the off season. Throwing your ace for 3-4 innings, then putting in Webb gives Jenkins the oppurtunity to throw batters off due to the speed change. Any good coach would do what coach Damron has done by putting Webb in later in the game. The negativity needs to stop. These girls read the post and have to play with one another, this just hurts feelings or makes them mad at one another. Put this behind you ladies and play ball! Good Luck to the TEAM!!!!
paco11 Wrote:Webb has potential to be a good pitcher, but in order for her to fill the spot next season she has to dedicate her self during the off season. Throwing your ace for 3-4 innings, then putting in Webb gives Jenkins the oppurtunity to throw batters off due to the speed change. Any good coach would do what coach Damron has done by putting Webb in later in the game. The negativity needs to stop. These girls read the post and have to play with one another, this just hurts feelings or makes them mad at one another. Put this behind you ladies and play ball! Good Luck to the TEAM!!!!

AMEN!!
okay, seriously...no one has even considered anyone from estill...they have some serious talent, sometimes they struggle and make a couple of errors but really show their dedication and their passion for the game. They're definitley looking for their 5th trip back to state!!

if you're looking for the real talent check out Woolery(3rd base). Rader(2nd). Noland(catcher). Singleton(left). Arvin (short).
the.one.and.only. Wrote:okay, seriously...no one has even considered anyone from estill...they have some serious talent, sometimes they struggle and make a couple of errors but really show their dedication and their passion for the game. They're definitley looking for their 5th trip back to state!!

if you're looking for the real talent check out Woolery(3rd base). Rader(2nd). Noland(catcher). Singleton(left). Arvin (short).

You are correct in the fact that it would be a mistake to not include the Estill players in this discussion. Living on the other side of the region from Estill I am not very familiar with their players and the only times I have seen them play is the regional tournament the last three years. I do, however, remember Radar and Arvin and they definately need to be on the list of top players in the region. I also know nothing about Powell. Do they have any players that need to be in the discussion?
batkat09 Wrote:i see why you think jenkins is a big laugh, you're from lcc. really. ive noticed that you lcc fans/players have done nothing but put these girls down. they're a hard working team and they work very hard to be as good as they are.

apparently they're not too funny because you have taken 2 losses from them now, and everyone expecting a third. just like everyone else is saying, you need to grow up and be mature about losing to a good time. thats bad sportsmanship.

With all due respect I have not down JHS none. I have openly told everyone in here that this program is in need of change. How is it that we haven't won a district title in three years. I have told everyone that this team will not win, and if you don't believe me look at my post in softball. Sherman14 knows that I will love it if the cougars win, but it just isn't going to happen this year. There has to be a change, and AC and OJ needs to look at this program.