Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ty Lawson and Wayne Ellington to enter NBA Draft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
North Carolina guard's, Ty Lawson and Wayne Ellington will enter their names in the draft. They both did so last year and came back to school. This means that they will not be able to return to school even if they do not hire agents.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2009/...id=4091170
This isn't good for UK, it could affect Wall's decision when making his college choice.
blackcat Wrote:This isn't good for UK, it could affect Wall's decision when making his college choice.
yeah its true but i think wall is just wanting the media attention and and pretty much got his mind made up. he is trying to milk whatever he can right now IMO but i mean come on we all know he's not going to NC state, baylor, or even miami. we know thats bull. i mean the guy is just getting out of high school and can visit multiple college towns for free if he is patient. i know i'd probably do the same thing.
beasy_bo Wrote:yeah its true but i think wall is just wanting the media attention and and pretty much got his mind made up. he is trying to milk whatever he can right now IMO but i mean come on we all know he's not going to NC state, baylor, or even miami. we know thats bull. i mean the guy is just getting out of high school and can visit multiple college towns for free if he is patient. i know i'd probably do the same thing.

You're probably right, I also read on another site that Wall's handler and Roy Williams do not get along at all and that UNC hasn't talked to Wall since the final four. So I honestly believe UK and Duke are the only schools in this race, UK being the leader.
I am glad to see Lawson not stay another year nad hurt is toe agin or something....he was a great PG....Alo not to change subject but PP is projected to go 18th now
Well, this sure isn't a good thing for the Tarheels.
blackcat Wrote:You're probably right, I also read on another site that Wall's handler and Roy Williams do not get along at all and that UNC hasn't talked to Wall since the final four. So I honestly believe UK and Duke are the only schools in this race, UK being the leader.

Lol every UK fan is going to say that. I think he is really still deciding, and seeing who all goes pro and who stays. I think he will end up at either Duke or UNC personally. We all know he is only staying one year, and that means he will probably go somewhere he thinks he has a shot at a championship in his one year. UK will be a lot better next year, but you gotta give coach Cal 2-3 years to be championship contenders.
Good call for both of them.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Lol every UK fan is going to say that. I think he is really still deciding, and seeing who all goes pro and who stays. I think he will end up at either Duke or UNC personally. We all know he is only staying one year, and that means he will probably go somewhere he thinks he has a shot at a championship in his one year. UK will be a lot better next year, but you gotta give coach Cal 2-3 years to be championship contenders.

If you've looked in the internet lately, then I think you would agree (like everyone else that follows recruiting at all) that UK is the leader for John Wall.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:If you've looked in the internet lately, then I think you would agree (like everyone else that follows recruiting at all) that UK is the leader for John Wall.
:Thumbs:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:If you've looked in the internet lately, then I think you would agree (like everyone else that follows recruiting at all) that UK is the leader for John Wall.

I sure hope so.
see ya later!!!
I looked for Lawson o be a high pick.
Bothkids are ready. I'd like to have seen Ellington work on his ball handling a little more, but he will be fine in the NBA
Stardust Wrote:Bothkids are ready. I'd like to have seen Ellington work on his ball handling a little more, but he will be fine in the NBA

Agreed.:Thumbs:
Ellington might be a mid to high 1st round pick.
Lawson should be around 4 to 11 pick. He will be a lottery pick.