Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Give Numbers, Not Just Names, Top Hitters In The 14th Region So Far This Season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who Are They And What Is Their Batting Avg. So Far.
It would be interesting to see some stats. Why are they not posted on KHSAA?:popcorn:
Brian Milam, where are you at? I figured you would be all over this one.
I don't have any numbers, but I would say 1. Freeman-Estill 2. Napier-Perry Central 3. Creech-Wolfe If anyone has any numbers on these guys, or any others, please post them.
PCBaseball Wrote:Brian Milam, where are you at? I figured you would be all over this one.

I only have PCC stats since I do live with someone who plays for them. :biggrin: I will give you guys some numbers on them by Friday.
Through 11 games, Creech is hitting .581 with 16 RBI's
John Wright Powell Co. .400
slugger35 Wrote:Through 11 games, Creech is hitting .581 with 16 RBI's

.581 wow, he's just an eigth grader. Did Wolfe play tonight? If they did, what did he do tonight?
Anybody from our rival Estill County have the numbers an Freeman so far?
O.K. Milam it is Friday, where are the numbers, and does anyone have any updated numbers on Creech at Wolfe?
Here are the updated numbers on Creech at Wolfe through 13 games, he is hitting .589 with 18 RBI's. He has really been on a hot streak over his last six games going 15 for his last 21.
slugger35 Wrote:Here are the updated numbers on Creech at Wolfe through 13 games, he is hitting .589 with 18 RBI's. He has really been on a hot streak over his last six games going 15 for his last 21.

Sounds like the eigth grader is really starting to heat up. Man that is impressive. Keep it up young man. Great job
According to jr92, who may be an assistant coach or the scorekeeper at Wolfe, I don't know for sure, Creech is hitting .609 through 15 games with 24 RBI's. This eigth grader may be leading the state in hitting. That is unbelievable.
I saw Napier this weekend at Powell, outstanding player, I would sure like to know what he is hitting for the season.
Ridgerunner Wrote:According to jr92, who may be an assistant coach or the scorekeeper at Wolfe, I don't know for sure, Creech is hitting .609 through 15 games with 24 RBI's. This eigth grader may be leading the state in hitting. That is unbelievable.

I made a special trip up to Wolfe this week to watch this kid play. I had not had the chance to see him play since last summer. He is the real deal folks. It would not suprise me at all if he leads the state in hitting, he's that good.
PCBaseball Wrote:I made a special trip up to Wolfe this week to watch this kid play. I had not had the chance to see him play since last summer. He is the real deal folks. It would not suprise me at all if he leads the state in hitting, he's that good.

Sounds good . But who has Wolfe played this year? Not saying anything bad about anybody. But it does help when the teams like Riverside. The only two teams i see on the list is Hazard and Breathitt.
kymom Wrote:Sounds good . But who has Wolfe played this year? Not saying anything bad about anybody. But it does help when the teams like Riverside. The only two teams i see on the list is Hazard and Breathitt.

You had better take another look. Lee Co. is good, Jackson County is 9-4 much improved and I spoke to coach Jewell at Lee and he said they could not get this kid out. He said he went 3 for 3 against with three lined shots. I heard he went 4 for 4 against Breathitt and 1 for 2 against Hazard and like I said, from what I saw the other, he is the real deal. I can also tell you that the pitching he faces in the summer in Lexington is better than all of the pitching we see here at Powell. So, let's not put down what this kid is doing, I wish we had him here at Powell. We need to support our 14th region kids that are performing at a high level.
Wolfe has only played Riverside once and Creech actually struggles against the slow bad pitching, where he has done the most damage this year has been against the kids throwing in the mid to high 70's and low eighties. The most amazing thing that sets him apart is that not only does he have a very quick bat, you hardly ever see him fooled on a breaking ball. Lately, teams have tried to get him out with the curve ball and he's been crushing that too. Also, coach Meahan had enough respect for his ability that he pitched around him with the bases loaded in a 3-0 ballgame at the time. The only out he made in that game was a line shot to right center. I would say all of the coaches in the 14th region know he's the real deal.
kymom Wrote:Sounds good . But who has Wolfe played this year? Not saying anything bad about anybody. But it does help when the teams like Riverside. The only two teams i see on the list is Hazard and Breathitt.

By the way, my son plays here at powell, where does your son play? I am guessing that he is a freshman pitcher that is going to be a descent pitcher in the next few years. I think he plays for Perry Central and if I am right then your son and mine have both played with the Creech kid a few times and you know as well as I do just how talented he is. I am not jealous because my son can't hit the ball the way that the Creech kid does, I wish he could. For you to get on here and try to diminish what a kid is doing sounds like jealousy to me. No one is jealous of your son. We are all glad to see and hear of him doing well. He looked good on the mound saturday against montgomery, I was very proud of him. My son is playing well here at powell and I am proud of him as well. We should be proud of the Creech kid as well because what he is doing is nothing short of remarkable and I would say the same thing If it were your son or mine.
PCBaseball Wrote:By the way, my son plays here at powell, where does your son play? I am guessing that he is a freshman pitcher that is going to be a descent pitcher in the next few years. I think he plays for Perry Central and if I am right then your son and mine have both played with the Creech kid a few times and you know as well as I do just how talented he is. I am not jealous because my son can't hit the ball the way that the Creech kid does, I wish he could. For you to get on here and try to diminish what a kid is doing sounds like jealousy to me. No one is jealous of your son. We are all glad to see and hear of him doing well. He looked good on the mound saturday against montgomery, I was very proud of him. My son is playing well here at powell and I am proud of him as well. We should be proud of the Creech kid as well because what he is doing is nothing short of remarkable and I would say the same thing If it were your son or mine.

Was not saying anything bad about the creech boy. And yes the Boggs kid is mine. All i was saying is that everybody batting gets a little better on the weaker teams. I did not know that Lee co was that good. My Bad. Jealousy is not a problem for me. My kid is what he is.Not bad for a 9th grader to pitch against PRP, Lawrence, Hazard, Madison Central,Breathitt,Montgomery, Just to name a few. And has a winning record not to brag on him but not bad for a kid that will make a decent pitcher in TIME from what you are saying.Leads the team in KKKKKs. The Boggs kid has never played on the same team as Creech . Only one time in a middle school game at SMS. The Creech boy is a solid young player as well as my son is. Dont know anything about you and yours. But I wish him all the luck also.
kymom Wrote:Was not saying anything bad about the creech boy. And yes the Boggs kid is mine. All i was saying is that everybody batting gets a little better on the weaker teams. I did not know that Lee co was that good. My Bad. Jealousy is not a problem for me. My kid is what he is.Not bad for a 9th grader to pitch against PRP, Lawrence, Hazard, Madison Central,Breathitt,Montgomery, Just to name a few. And has a winning record not to brag on him but not bad for a kid that will make a decent pitcher in TIME from what you are saying.Leads the team in KKKKKs. The Boggs kid has never played on the same team as Creech . Only one time in a middle school game at SMS. The Creech boy is a solid young player as well as my son is. Dont know anything about you and yours. But I wish him all the luck also.

Sounds like Allen is doing very well. Keep it up young man. All three kids played together in a tournament at Morehead back about three years ago for Winnie Cox, maybe you forgot. I am happy that all three are doing well as well as a couple of others that played with them as well. I hope they all have great seasons and careers.
kymom Wrote:Was not saying anything bad about the creech boy. And yes the Boggs kid is mine. All i was saying is that everybody batting gets a little better on the weaker teams. I did not know that Lee co was that good. My Bad. Jealousy is not a problem for me. My kid is what he is.Not bad for a 9th grader to pitch against PRP, Lawrence, Hazard, Madison Central,Breathitt,Montgomery, Just to name a few. And has a winning record not to brag on him but not bad for a kid that will make a decent pitcher in TIME from what you are saying.Leads the team in KKKKKs. The Boggs kid has never played on the same team as Creech . Only one time in a middle school game at SMS. The Creech boy is a solid young player as well as my son is. Dont know anything about you and yours. But I wish him all the luck also.

Couple of things I'd like to point out, Kymom.

Lee is good. Very solid. Every year.

You are correct about your son, although you may be a little too modest. I'd say at this point in his young career, he is a little better than "decent". In time, he will simply be a great one! I know you are proud of him, as you have a right to be. I am glad for him, and hopes he does well in the future (unless, of course, he pitches against Wolfe County)!

Go ahead and brag on him. Moms have the right to do so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I don't know if it was you, or someone else, who might have suggested that the Creech kid might have such a high batting average because Wolfe does not play top notch competition. Not trying to stir anything up here, but that thought DID get me to thinking a little. Being a rainy Monday as it were, and with little else to do, I borrowed the scorebook from one of the Wolves coaches and did a little research on my own.

I don't even know if the Wolfe coaches know this, but after checking things out, Dylan is hitting .565 against the likes of Lee, Hazard, Jackson County, Breathitt, and Jackson City, all pretty good teams with good pitching.

Even a couple of the weaker teams that Wolfe has faced, Buckhorn and Elliott, have decent pitching, so, based on what I have witnessed so far, Dylan IS the real thing!
class of 2001 Wrote:Couple of things I'd like to point out, Kymom.

Lee is good. Very solid. Every year.

You are correct about your son, although you may be a little too modest. I'd say at this point in his young career, he is a little better than "decent". In time, he will simply be a great one! I know you are proud of him, as you have a right to be. I am glad for him, and hopes he does well in the future (unless, of course, he pitches against Wolfe County)!

Go ahead and brag on him. Moms have the right to do so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I don't know if it was you, or someone else, who might have suggested that the Creech kid might have such a high batting average because Wolfe does not play top notch competition. Not trying to stir anything up here, but that thought DID get me to thinking a little. Being a rainy Monday as it were, and with little else to do, I borrowed the scorebook from one of the Wolves coaches and did a little research on my own.

I don't even know if the Wolfe coaches know this, but after checking things out, Dylan is hitting .565 against the likes of Lee, Hazard, Jackson County, Breathitt, and Jackson City, all pretty good teams with good pitching.

Even a couple of the weaker teams that Wolfe has faced, Buckhorn and Elliott, have decent pitching, so, based on what I have witnessed so far, Dylan IS the real thing!

Wrong parent....lmao She said people would think this....hahahaha
Today's Lexington Herald has Creech from Wolfe County at .604 with 26 RBI's
Andy Blank from Buckhorn is hitting .490.
Anyone have any updated numbers on Creech and anyone else in the region?
Here are the numbers on Creech through 19 games. 33-55 for a .600 avg. he has 10 doubles and 30 RBI's. The last 3 games he went 4-6 with 4 RBI's and he actually dropped 4 points on his batting avg.
slugger35 Wrote:Here are the numbers on Creech through 19 games. 33-55 for a .600 avg. he has 10 doubles and 30 RBI's. The last 3 games he went 4-6 with 4 RBI's and he actually dropped 4 points on his batting avg.

Wow, if he keeps this up, he is definitely got to be the 14th Region player of the year and I don't care if he is just an 8th grader. It would be highway robbery to give it to anyone else.
You are right PCBaseball, he should be the 14th region player of the year and not just for his offensive numbers which are amazing, but he has done a wonderful job behind the plate as well. In the games I have seen this year he is throwing out would be base stealers at a remarkable pace. He has a cannon back there and would have thrown out many more if his teammates would catch the ball and sometimes they don't even get there to cover. I bet he has thrown out 35% of would be base stealers this season. With all that being said, there is no way that he will win the player of the year because he plays at Wolfe, but he definitely should win it.