Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pitino in a mess at Louisville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Has anyone seen the news coming out of Louisville about Rick Pitino being extorted for money by his equipment managers wife? Apparently Pitino and this lady was having an affair when Pitino tried to break if off with her and she began threatening him with going public about the affair and apparently recruiting violations if he did not cough up money.... That's when Pitino contacted the FBI to get involved with this whole mess and one has to wonder if that's why Richard Pitino went to join Billy Donavin down in Florida?

Just seems like Old Rick just can't keep his pants up and now he's going to get burned by JoAnn for a lot of money. Another black eye for little brother down the road and their coach.:devilflam :devilflam
I want to know what theVILLE has to say about this. Smile
This is the first I've heard of this.
Navajo4life Wrote:Has anyone seen the news coming out of Louisville about Rick Pitino being extorted for money by his equipment managers wife? Apparently Pitino and this lady was having an affair when Pitino tried to break if off with her and she began threatening him with going public about the affair and apparently recruiting violations if he did not cough up money.... That's when Pitino contacted the FBI to get involved with this whole mess and one has to wonder if that's why Richard Pitino went to join Billy Donavin down in Florida?

Just seems like Old Rick just can't keep his pants up and now he's going to get burned by JoAnn for a lot of money. Another black eye for little brother down the road and their coach.:devilflam :devilflam

:thatsfunn :thatsfunn This post just made my day!! :thanks:
I've been reading into this all day and it in kinda interesting some are speculating that nothing will happen to him and some are expecting him to take the Atlanta Hawks job and then ride off into the sun set. His son going to Florida kinda makes you wonder what is going to happen, So stay tuned for the next few days.
This should be very interesting when more news comes about.
Navajo4life Wrote:Has anyone seen the news coming out of Louisville about Rick Pitino being extorted for money by his equipment managers wife? Apparently Pitino and this lady was having an affair when Pitino tried to break if off with her and she began threatening him with going public about the affair and apparently recruiting violations if he did not cough up money.... That's when Pitino contacted the FBI to get involved with this whole mess and one has to wonder if that's why Richard Pitino went to join Billy Donavin down in Florida?

LMAO sound like a great role model.:lmao:
The thing that is so funny to me is, when Pitino was at UK he was thought of as a god by many people. How would you be acting if he was still at UK? Would you still be laughing about it? Or would you be defending him to the end proclaiming his innocence?
Jarons Wrote:The thing that is so funny to me is, when Pitino was at UK he was thought of as a god by many people. How would you be acting if he was still at UK? Would you still be laughing about it? Or would you be defending him to the end proclaiming his innocence?

And the thing that is so funny to me is that he hasn't won a championship since he was at UK in 1996!! But to answer your question.. Yes it would still be funny if he was here at UK.. It shows that he really isn't as good as everyone thinks because seems to me he can't win anywhere else but UK!!! :biggrin:
More news is getting ready to come out, I can guarantee you on that. Just read that Fox 41 is refusing to show the interview from this lady, ok, if you're not going to show it, then why in the world did you interview her? Is the news agencies trying to protect Rick Pitino and his family? I understand not wanting to spread rumors around, but if this lady has proof of a relationship like she says she does, then there must be other things that she is saying that she knows and they don't want to report that and ruin the Louisville and Rick Pitino name...
I read on KY sports radio about this. Looks like Ricky P has gotten himself into some very hot water. If this women has proof about what she and he alledgely did, he wont have a case in the court of law. If it isnt true his name will be tarnished anyway.
The following was reported on scout.com

In March 2009, Coach Pitino alerted the authorities of this attempt as well as the University. The matter is currently under investigation.
The following statements were issued by U of L President Dr. James Ramsey and Vice-President and Director of Athletics Tom Jurich on behalf of the University of Louisville, and by Coach Pitino:

Statement by University of Louisville President Dr. James Ramsey:

"The University of Louisville supports Coach Pitino and his family. We stand by his decision to report this matter to the authorities and will now leave this criminal investigation in the hands of the FBI."

Statement by University of Louisville Vice-President and Director of Athletics Tom Jurich:

"Coach Pitino has informed us that he and his attorneys have reported a potential extortion attempt to the FBI. We cannot comment further about this ongoing criminal investigation. We stand by Coach Pitino and support his decision to alert the authorities."

Statement by University of Louisville Men's Head Basketball Coach Rick Pitino:

"My family and I were recently threatened as part of a criminal scheme to extort money. Upon receiving these threats, we reported this extortion attempt to the FBI.

"While I did not want to make this matter public, I recently learned that the individual behind this extortion attempt has already gone to the media with false, defamatory and outrageous allegations in an attempt to pressure me to cave in to this scheme. I want to make it clear that I intend to vigorously defend my reputation and the character of my family against any criminal scheme to extort money.

"I am hopeful that the media and public will recognize the slanderous nature of this direct and malicious attack. My family and I appreciate the support we have received from Tom Jurich, Dr. James Ramsey, and the entire Louisville family. Because this is a federal criminal investigation, I cannot comment further at this time. Any inquiries should be directed to my attorney, Steve Pence."
If he was still at UK most on here would be jumping to his defense.

I don't like him much but being an alledged adulterer doesn't really have any bearing on what kind of basketball coach a person is.
FBALL Wrote:If he was still at UK most on here would be jumping to his defense.

I don't like him much but being an alledged adulterer doesn't really have any bearing on what kind of basketball coach a person is.

I agree with you 100% my friend!!
FBALL Wrote:If he was still at UK most on here would be jumping to his defense.

It doesn't show what kind of coach he is (because he is an outstanding coach), it just shows what kind of person he is.
Coach Cal has a very good looking daughter, that's all I need to know about what kind of person he is.
It may not have anything to do with his ability to coach basketball, but I also thought that our basketball coaches should be role models for our youth and set good examples for their student athletes to follow, so I do think that it has something to do with the game of basketball...
They said it was an Equipment managers wife.... and that they were already getting a divorce, so she may just be trying to get some money out of ole Pitino... She could be liein...
I hate it..but sometimes you have to keep the snake in the cage! Definately when you are at the stage he is at. It is what it is! Coach Cal is our coach, sorry Ricky P.......Whatever happens..happens! If you done it, then you deserve it!
o slick rick! he is gone anyways he is going to the hawks to avoid all of the violations she has on him.
Do you really believe that Rick will be leaving Louisville for ATLANTA? Just when the new downtown arena is only one year away and him moving into that arena that they are building for him. What will happen to Louisville Basketball? Will it be like their Football Program?
Navajo4life Wrote:Do you really believe that Rick will be leaving Louisville for ATLANTA? Just when the new downtown arena is only one year away and him moving into that arena that they are building for him. What will happen to Louisville Basketball? Will it be like their Football Program?

OR like uk's program....lol...but every coach in america has done this....I mean this happens everyday...but he should be punished....but I dont see him going anywhere and louisville will beat UK next year and you dont have to try and start rumors to get rid of him so you may have the better coach then....lolConfusedhh:

here is a link and it doesnt show all this like you are saying......http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4080340

Where are you reading this...man I have researched and all i found was this and an espn one I posted in the above post and it is talking about someone trying to take money from him...nothing about a affair...this needs to be marked as rumor or closed or something....and the role model thing this could be showing kids to report any violence to the authorites....so till I see a link showing what you are saying Im not beleiveing it.....
http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/43232312.html
theVILLE Wrote:Where are you reading this...man I have researched and all i found was this and an espn one I posted in the above post and it is talking about someone trying to take money from him...nothing about a affair...this needs to be marked as rumor or closed or something....and the role model thing this could be showing kids to report any violence to the authorites....so till I see a link showing what you are saying Im not beleiveing it.....

:thatsfunn :thatsfunn
theVILLE Wrote:Where are you reading this...man I have researched and all i found was this and an espn one I posted in the above post and it is talking about someone trying to take money from him...nothing about a affair...this needs to be marked as rumor or closed or something....and the role model thing this could be showing kids to report any violence to the authorites....so till I see a link showing what you are saying Im not beleiveing it.....

Kentucky Sports Radio even reported this but wouldn't go into it until the FBI was done investigating.
It very well could be some sort of scam in todays world. The scammers tried to hack my account last month. None of us have ever been millionaires. When you roll with that kinda coin you become a target for alot of scams.
Disappointing if true.
If he does take the Atlanta job, it would really look like he may be guilty and just running away from the situation.
I expect him to stay.
First and foremost there is nothing definitive except opening shots by all parties involved.On a sidenote TheVille..I have heard the same thing as the original poster buit the major outlets are reluctant to break this story until more info comes to light. They break this story and it is not factually merited and they get sued for ALOT of money.

Everything I have heard thusfar is that this is a big ugly mess for all parties involved. I may be a diehard UK fan but I will always respect Pitino as a coach and what he has done for UK's program and for the entire state of Kentucky. My ultimate hope is that Pitino can keep his head above the water and come out of this no worse for wear. It is easy to wish bad stuff on UL (VERRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY EASY ACTUALLY Big Grin), but the truth of the matter is that it is better for the entire state if this provs to nly b a personal matter.

But, there are a few things that make this a very volatile, and confusing situation:

1. Why would the FBI get involved for what Pitino was painting simply as an extortion case? Extortion can easily be handled at all levels below Federal. The FBI wouldn't be involved if this was extortion exclusively, there has to be some more serious allegations with enough substantial merit to warrant an investigation.

2. Even before Pitino's public statement there were rumblings of point shaving on message boards and the "source" was supposedly someone from within the institution.

3. Pitino's son coincidentally takes a job at Florida with Pitino's protege Donovan before all this breaks. Maybe making sure his son has a job when all this is said and done?

As I said, I hope this does not prove to be as treacherous as it is initially appearing. But, on a side note it will sure shutup all the UL fans who were quick to diffuse their jealousy of UK hiring Calipari by attacking his character.Big Grin
^^Extortion is a federal crime if a computer, telephone, etc. is used...so the FBI could be involved if it's "only" extortion. Not buying the son going to Florida to be sure and have a job...he can get a job lots of places no matter what happens in this case.

IMO this is extortion only - pure and simple. Did they have an affair? Maybe, maybe not...:popcorn:
jetpilot Wrote:^^Extortion is a federal crime if a computer, telephone, etc. is used...so the FBI could be involved if it's "only" extortion. Not buying the son going to Florida to be sure and have a job...he can get a job lots of places no matter what happens in this case.

IMO this is extortion only - pure and simple. Did they have an affair? Maybe, maybe not...:popcorn:

Yeah affairs go on everyday and they were divorced anyway......So I agree the extortion is all that is going on here
Pages: 1 2 3