Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Favorite Boxers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who is your alls Favorite Boxers of all time???
Ali.
Ali by a land slide. But I liked ole Mike Tyson when he wasnt going to eat peoples kids.
Mike Tyson.
Joe Boxer.
1- Joe Frazier-my idol when I fought.
2- Ken Norton- Black Hercules. No denying he was one of the most underrated fighters EVER.
3- Rocky Marciano- the REAL Rocky
4- Arturo Gatti and Micky Ward- IMO their fights are everything that modern boxing should be.
5- Floyd Patterson- Incredible all around fighter, much like Sugar Ray Robinson..
Sugar Ray Robinson
Ali
Easy..Roy Jones Jr..Him and his trainer lived beside my moms best friend in Pensacola. Got to meet both of them twice..Very nice. His house is a big farm, lol. His boys are pretty cool kids who works there tails off!
Butter Bean:redboxer:
Fruit of the Loom. Big Grin
Mike Tyson...him and Ali and his prime could go at it and id take Tyson any day!
1. Aaron Pryor
2. Roy Jones jr.
3. Julio Cesar Chavez
4. Ali
5. Tyson
6. Marvin Hagler
7. Larry Holmes
8. Jorge Paez
9. Vinny Pazienza
10. Pernell Whitaker
EXCELLENT list..I love watching old Aaron Pryor fights..one of the most underrated fighter of all time..Chavez was tough..Larry Holmes had the best jab for a big man EVER, although I despised him. I also like watching old Roberto Duran fights too (before he fought into his 80s, lol)..but all in all, a nice list..
Stardust Wrote:1. Aaron Pryor
2. Roy Jones jr.
3. Julio Cesar Chavez
4. Ali
5. Tyson
6. Marvin Hagler
7. Larry Holmes
8. Jorge Paez
9. Vinny Pazienza
10. Pernell Whitaker
Roy Jones Jr.
Rocky Marciano
Arturo Gatti
Darrin Van Horn
Tommy Morrison(In His Day)
Joe Frazier
Vinny Pazienza
Mike Tyson(The first 5 years)
Iron Mike Tyson when he had Cuss DeAmato & Kevin Rooney in his corner. After Cuss died, He seemed to go berserk.
Ali no question.
Aaron(THE HAWK) Pryor was a beast. I remember reading an article on why he never fought Sugar Ray and was a little mystified at the Sugar Ray people for not really wanting the fight.
Muhammad Ali for sure.
Tyson in his prime was unbeatable. Had Tyson kept Kevin Rooney and Teddy Atlas as his trainers as well as keeping Don King and Robin Givens away hed probably still be undefeated.
Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini
Rocky Marciano
Joe Louis
"Smokin" Joe Frazier
Tyson has no class and no brain. He is inhuman and unsportsmanlike. How could this be anybody's fav. If i want to watch a man get his ear bit off i will go to Marlowe's or the Hillbilly Palace.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Roy Jones Jr.
Rocky Marciano
Arturo Gatti
Darrin Van Horn
Tommy Morrison(In His Day)
Joe Frazier
Vinny Pazienza
Mike Tyson(The first 5 years)

What a shame and tragedy. This guy had the tools and came into the fight game at the right time that could have made him a mega-millionaire. He was easily the best fighter of the mid 80's at the heavyweight class. Had he been a 2-3 year champion by the time Tyson rolled through, this could have been the biggest pay-gate EVER!
Smokin Joe.