Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 7 on 7's in June
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He just wondering if they did away with the 7 on 7's.. I heard they did but I also heard that it didnt pass legislation.
They are still on for this year.
No, 7 on 7's are done. There will be none this summer at all.
C.Clair Wrote:No, 7 on 7's are done. There will be none this summer at all.

Why??
From what I understood and have read, its because of the kids that play two or three sports, they said needs a break during the summer. Also for basketball coaches to be able to schedule game in the summer and not interfear with football. That link that I posted tells you everything.
Well i was told yesterday that they changed the ruling in it and are going to allow them to have the 7on7's.
I wish they would just make up their minds. One day they are saying no more, then the next they are saying the are going to let them have them this year and next year the rule will take effect. Just make up your mind KHSAA!
They are still on for this summer.
So this rule doesnt take effect until the summer of 2010 correct.
The rule does not take effect until 2010. Therefore, we CAN have 7 on 7 tournaments this JUNE.
They seem to have a little favoritism. They just can't seem to get it right.
The rule they made was silly. For teams that throw the ball it is basically another game. I don't see them limiting AAU basketball. Why put all the rules on Football? Plus for fans it is another time for you to watch your team compete and college coaches seeing your athletes play.
if someone wants to play aau then they are going to. Changing the rules won't change there minds.
Thats what I am saying, you are hurting the kids who only play football, by trying to limit when they can play. 7on7 is fun and is a great learning tool for qbs, wrs, and dbs.
Im glade that this rule isnt coming into effect until the 2010 year, they still have time to reverse the ruling, but the coaches that made this rule are going to have to reverse it also.
especially if you have a new quarterback like we will this year. The passing league will help him, and his recievers.
I always enjoyed the 7 on 7 games. Of course I played center so all I had to do was snap the ball and then watch the play:Thumbs:
But I also found it to be an oppurtunity to gain some quality team building time and just have fun being with friends and teammates. After lifting all winter it felt good to do something competitive as a team.
C.Clair Wrote:Im glade that this rule isnt coming into effect until the 2010 year, they still have time to reverse the ruling, but the coaches that made this rule are going to have to reverse it also.

So the passing league wont be dropped until next year?
FanOfTheBatcats Wrote:So the passing league wont be dropped until next year?

Correct.