Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup County Track 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently went to a track meet at Russel, there were several local teams there; Greenup, Russel, Raceland, Lawrence and West Carter. I know Greenup always has a strong team as well as Russel, but any info on the other schools or any other track teams this year.
Lawrence County guys usually come in second in points following Russell.
Ya i agree, what about cole grove or anu other ohio teams. Any info?
track in our area has gone down hill since the 1980s
6x state champ devil Wrote:track in our area has gone down hill since the 1980s
Russell Girls won 3 state championships in the 90s.
I love watching track , ran it in high school myself
Track was my favorite sport next to football in high school. Went to state my junior and senior year in Discus and Shot. Russell has a strong track program.
Dustin Linthicum is a studmuffin for Greenup.. 2nd in region in high jump, 6th in state.
Linthicum should give Greenup Co. alot of points this year with high jump, long jump and if he can develop the technique of triple jump. I think he's been to state since 8th grade year but I'm not for sure. Correct me if Im wrong. But 6th place in high jump two years in a row is pretty good. Russell's..Max Rodgers is a legit high jumper. i'm not for sure if hes a senior or if he graduated already. Look out for those two in the paper..