Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is Carson Palmer the best QB in the NFL, right now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Look at the numbers this year....and he makes it look so effortless...
He may have the best numbers and be playing the best right now. But he is still not the best QB in the NFL. If the game was on the line and you had to choose. I would still go with Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.
got to say peyton manning is still the best around, but palmer is doing very well at this stage in his career
carson is leading the nfl in touchdown passes i believe
I don't think he is but I think he will be within the next two years.
"CatDawg" Wrote:I don't think he is but I think he will be within the next two years.

i meant this season so far not his career
"blackcatfan_48" Wrote:i meant this season so far not his career

That was my fault I was talking about the TD passes I was stating that I didn't think he was the best QB right now but that he will be in the next two years.:Hammer3:
he is leading the league in td tosses and i would take him over manning, manning seems to choke in the big game, but manning is still the man until palmer gets a little further in the playoffs this year.
"CatDawg" Wrote:I don't think he is but I think he will be within the next two years.
Yess
I would say that he could be the "Come Back Player Of the Year" But HE is not the best yet
right now the best is probably manning
the most tallented is Vick

Right now Carson doesnt have the sxpereince to be the best
But he will
Can't be the best comeback player that would be someone that had a terrible year last year or was out injuried. Neither apply to Palmer.
"#7" Wrote:I would say that he could be the "Come Back Player Of the Year" But HE is not the best yet
right now the best is probably manning
the most tallented is Vick

Right now Carson doesnt have the sxpereince to be the best
But he will
Most talented - Vick

Are you kidding me??? He's probably hands down the worst passer in the NFL, being quick don't make you talented.

He's the most over rated QB in the league, and is far from the most talented.
Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL right now, but u cant take nothing away from Palmer, b/c he is haveing a great season
palmer gonna be a dandy boys. He keeps getting better and better. But i have honestly say that , manning and the boy from NE are a little better.

Ya and vick. Is worthless a QB IMO.. Mark it down he will end up receiving a career ending injury within the next two years. You cant run around like a chicken with your head cut off when you have men as big as and fast as a mac truck with nitrous.
peyton is the most skilled but stat wise its carson
I dont kno if he is the best Quaterback in the NFL, but he is one of the top. I would have to say Peyton Manning is the best, adn then either him or Tom Brady.
No, he is not........yet.
Carson has the stats but not much of the talent. Peyton Manning is the best along with Brett Farve !
"blackcat_student" Wrote:Carson has the stats but not much of the talent.
You have got to be kidding......
any name but manning is a travesty palmer is good but manning wins games every way possible he doesn't always have the number this year but he does what he has to to win if he doesn't have to throw for 350 and 4 tds when the d is playing the way they are then the edge has a good games this is a great team wow that is wierd
not just a great o but a great team
Carson is in no way the best player or best QB in the NFL. Stats do not tell the whole story and we all know this. Palmer has yet to win a playoff game or even lead his team to the playoffs. Most people will agree that Montana, Young, Aikman, and Elway had more successfull carrers than Marino. Yes Marino holds every meangfull passing record, but he never won the big one. Well Palmer has yet to even make a run at the big one. It is way to early to make hi the best QB in the league. Brady, Manning, Rothlensiburger (I so slautered that spelling), McNab, Delhomme, and even Vick have proven to be more sucessful QBs in my eyes. Palmer may be the best when the smoke settles but as of now he still has a long way to go.
Well I am a big Bengal fan and I dont think he is the best qb this year. Payton is hard to dethrone and Eli is gonna be a great one also. Casron will be right there with them but he still has a lot to learn and to avoid a lot of the mental mistakes he makes in the games. With all of Cincinnati's success this year I see them as young and still a couple years away from being a dominant team in the NFL. Yes they can beat anyone in the League, but with their immaturity they can also lose to anyone any weekend. Have to make the mistakes to learn and I see them doing this with ever weekend. Payton seems to find a way to win no matter and he sees the field so well and doesnt seem to force a lot of things, but wow sometimes he can put the ball where no one can see how he did. Lot of good talent in the NFL right now. Hope that TO has taught them all a lesson NO ONE is above the league.
WOW... I was almost positive the question was is he the best in the NFL RIGHT NOW. Meaning at this point in time as in not meaning over an entire career. If you were going by stats/QB rating alone...you would have to say yes. We will see for sure after their bye week in the head to head game against Indy. Maybe you should have asked this question after that game. Of course this isn't THE BIG GAME so the chances of Manning choking aren't very good. (Have to have a playoff game on the line for him to choke.Smile ) As for Brady...he had a Defense that kept giving him the ball in crucial moments. Sure he won 2 SB's but put any decent QB into the line-up they had and the outcome would most likely have been the same. However, as you can see from the Pats record this season, they sure are missing those key defensive players who have been sidelined with injuries. (Brady=Overrated)

GO BENGALS!!
"TomcatDad81" Wrote:WOW... I was almost positive the question was is he the best in the NFL RIGHT NOW. Meaning at this point in time as in not meaning over an entire career. If you were going by stats/QB rating alone...you would have to say yes. We will see for sure after their bye week in the head to head game against Indy. Maybe you should have asked this question after that game. Of course this isn't THE BIG GAME so the chances of Manning choking aren't very good. (Have to have a playoff game on the line for him to choke.Smile ) As for Brady...he had a Defense that kept giving him the ball in crucial moments. Sure he won 2 SB's but put any decent QB into the line-up they had and the outcome would most likely have been the same. However, as you can see from the Pats record this season, they sure are missing those key defensive players who have been sidelined with injuries. (Brady=Overrated)

GO BENGALS!!
Check the math my friend. 3 Super Bowls, not 2. How can you say a person who has yet to play in a meaningful game is the best QB in the league RIGHT NOW? He hasn't cracked under pressure because when you are out of the playoff hunt there is no pressure. Untill he at least makes the playoffs he shouldn't be considered the best. Maybe the best fantasy QB, but we all know how much that is worth. (Palmer = Not proven = Overrated)
"Matney's Prodigey" Wrote:Check the math my friend. 3 Super Bowls, not 2. How can you say a person who has yet to play in a meaningful game is the best QB in the league RIGHT NOW? He hasn't cracked under pressure because when you are out of the playoff hunt there is no pressure. Untill he at least makes the playoffs he shouldn't be considered the best. Maybe the best fantasy QB, but we all know how much that is worth. (Palmer = Not proven = Overrated)

UMMMMM....re-read the question...my friend. On paper Palmer is the best QB in the NFL...RIGHT NOW. Do I think he is the best QB in the NFL this season? (Which by the way was not the question.) No he isn't. As much as I dislike Manning, I would have to say to go with him...if this were the question. (Again, this was not the question.) As for Brady, he was just a QB in the right place at the right time. Any one of the top 10 QB's in the game right now could have won with the team the Pats fielded.
after mannings performnce this week is there any question?
Carson is the kind of QB that will be good for a few years and then he will have his bad years.
"TomcatDad81" Wrote:UMMMMM....re-read the question...my friend. On paper Palmer is the best QB in the NFL...RIGHT NOW. Do I think he is the best QB in the NFL this season? (Which by the way was not the question.) No he isn't. As much as I dislike Manning, I would have to say to go with him...if this were the question. (Again, this was not the question.) As for Brady, he was just a QB in the right place at the right time. Any one of the top 10 QB's in the game right now could have won with the team the Pats fielded.
ok the question is
is palmer the best qb in the nfl right now
and no
numbers don't prove if he is the best qb
how you lead a team and how you manage the game and how many ways you can win also
manning is the smartest qb manning is the best field "general"
well heck he had a white reciever with over a thousand yards last year need i say more
and as far as brady being over rated he won 2 of his r superbowls with no running game
you say it was cause of his defense?? teams that have great defenses 95% of the time have dominant running games
he didn't
i personally don't like the patriots but i am a student of the game and you can't deny the fact that he has proven himself to be one of the top 2 qbs in the leauge
even last year when you say they had a great defense their secondary was ravaged by injuries they had a wide out playing corner!
leaving brady with one decent reciever
what are you thinking
and as far as on paper he is the best qb well last time i checked the paper read
w l
colts 8 0
bengals 7 2.........................that is what the paper says
"I was the greatest" Wrote:ok the question is
is palmer the best qb in the nfl right now
and no
numbers don't prove if he is the best qb
how you lead a team and how you manage the game and how many ways you can win also
manning is the smartest qb manning is the best field "general"
well heck he had a white reciever with over a thousand yards last year need i say more
and as far as brady being over rated he won 2 of his r superbowls with no running game
you say it was cause of his defense?? teams that have great defenses 95% of the time have dominant running games
he didn't
i personally don't like the patriots but i am a student of the game and you can't deny the fact that he has proven himself to be one of the top 2 qbs in the leauge
even last year when you say they had a great defense their secondary was ravaged by injuries they had a wide out playing corner!
leaving brady with one decent reciever
what are you thinking
and as far as on paper he is the best qb well last time i checked the paper read
w l
colts 8 0
bengals 7 2.........................that is what the paper says

YADA YADA YADA...you were starting to sound like Charlie Brown's teacher there for a minute. Let me break it down for the "Students of the Game".

Here are the QB stats of the top 5 QB's, with at least 8 games played and over 200 pass attempts. (Pay attention IWTG...since you are a student.)

QB Team G Att Att/G Cmp Pct Yds Yds/G TD Rate
1. Palmer CIN 9 293 32.6 205 70.0 2285 253.9 18 106.3
2. Manning IND 8 241 30.1 167 69.3 1872 234.0 14 101.2
3. Bledsoe DAL 8 244 30.5 156 63.9 2019 252.4 13 97.4
4. Brady NE 8 282 32.5 179 63.5 2285 285.6 12 97.0
5. Delhomme CAR 8 218 27.2 131 60.1 1893 236.6 14 94.5
(From NFL.COM)

Well...would you look at that...even the old Pats QB is better than Brady...RIGHT NOW.

Again, for the slow one(s) replying to this thread, the question was, "Is Carson Palmer the best QB in the NFL RIGHT NOW?" As the above stats show, the answer is yes. Statistically he is the best. And again, for the slow one(s), do I think he is the best QB in the NFL? No. Far too many QB's have proven themselves to be better over the long run. Do I think he can join this group? HELL YES. They still have half the season left to play so ask this question on week 17 and we will see if he is still on top.
:theman:[size=7]CARSON PALMER[/size]
"TomcatDad81" Wrote:YADA YADA YADA...you were starting to sound like Charlie Brown's teacher there for a minute. Let me break it down for the "Students of the Game".

Here are the QB stats of the top 5 QB's, with at least 8 games played and over 200 pass attempts. (Pay attention IWTG...since you are a student.)

QB Team G Att Att/G Cmp Pct Yds Yds/G TD Rate
1. Palmer CIN 9 293 32.6 205 70.0 2285 253.9 18 106.3
2. Manning IND 8 241 30.1 167 69.3 1872 234.0 14 101.2
3. Bledsoe DAL 8 244 30.5 156 63.9 2019 252.4 13 97.4
4. Brady NE 8 282 32.5 179 63.5 2285 285.6 12 97.0
5. Delhomme CAR 8 218 27.2 131 60.1 1893 236.6 14 94.5
(From NFL.COM)

Well...would you look at that...even the old Pats QB is better than Brady...RIGHT NOW.

Again, for the slow one(s) replying to this thread, the question was, "Is Carson Palmer the best QB in the NFL RIGHT NOW?" As the above stats show, the answer is yes. Statistically he is the best. And again, for the slow one(s), do I think he is the best QB in the NFL? No. Far too many QB's have proven themselves to be better over the long run. Do I think he can join this group? HELL YES. They still have half the season left to play so ask this question on week 17 and we will see if he is still on top.
:theman:[size=7]CARSON PALMER[/size]
ok first of all he is a greatqb as stats go and even his record shows it and i will even go as far to say that he is the best qb in the nfl right now going by his stats but stats don't dictate greatness and second of all you better learn how to curb that smart mouth of yours we are on here to talk about football like adults mr tomcat DAD so try to act like one
US slow ones can do it can you???
Pages: 1 2