Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jon Wall to the NBA?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
New reports are saying that it may be possible that Jon Wall gets eligible for THIS years NBA draft. The short rub is this: Wall is a 5th year senior and depending on how you read the collective bargaining agreement, 5th year seniors are eligible for the draft as long as the turn 19 in the calander year (Wall does). The league is taking a wait and see approach. If he declares, they'll research and make a ruling. If he does declare and is ruled eligible (two big ifs) he's a Top 5 pick in this draft. Maybe Top 3. This would suck for KY.
I heard this and also heard his top school was CUSE....yeah Overrated I heard that today and soemone told me N.C. State was in the top running...
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/04/14/john-...009-draft/

I found this is indeed a consideration
the commish said that john wall was not good enough for the NBA and he would not even be aloud to enter any draft EVER!!!! i heard it on fox sports.
theVILLE Wrote:I heard this and also heard his top school was CUSE....yeah Overrated I heard that today and soemone told me N.C. State was in the top running...

Where did you here Syracuse at? I've never heard Cuse in the running before. Here is what is being published in Sporting News

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/vie...p?t=538649
i actually think if he could go to the pro's he's gone and with his ability i dont blame him. he is th eonly high schoolplayer coming ou this year that could in the big leagues.
I think there is a rule stating that no matter the age, you have to wait at least one NBA season after you graduate high school to declare for the draft.
holy crap john wall signed with the bobcats
theVILLE Wrote:I heard this and also heard his top school was CUSE....yeah Overrated I heard that today and soemone told me N.C. State was in the top running...

Do you even know who John Wall is?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Do you even know who John Wall is?

Are you referring to his "Overrated", he is referring to the member and Syracuse fan Overrated.
Stardust Wrote:Are you referring to his "Overrated", he is referring to the member and Syracuse fan Overrated.

I know who is referring to. I also know that Syracuse is in no way whatsoever on Jon Wall's list of schools.
hahahaha. Hey, Flynn has entered himself in the draft. Come on to SU Wall.:Clap:
Overrated Wrote:hahahaha. Hey, Flynn has entered himself in the draft. Come on to SU Wall.:Clap:

Yeah I saw where Flynn was entering the draft. He will be a heck of a player in a couple years.
I don't think Wall is eligible for the NBA because of the one year rule. Even though he is a 5th year senior and they could say his grad class was 08 but I think if he played for a high school this year his grad class is 09 which makes him ineligible because 1 NBA season has not passed.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I know who is referring to. I also know that Syracuse is in no way whatsoever on Jon Wall's list of schools.

I could see Wall coming to play for the Cuse though.
PG's thrive in that system, and with Flynn and Devendorf leaving for the pros, Wall would be THE guy there.
IDK if Wall's interested or not though, but I could see were he could be.
Stardust Wrote:Where did you here Syracuse at? I've never heard Cuse in the running before. Here is what is being published in Sporting News

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/vie...p?t=538649

I havent heard it on ESPN or anything but some of my teachers were talking about it today when flynn and devendorf entered the draft he was interested...But i heard on Espn that Nc State was the top of his list..
Stardust Wrote:Are you referring to his "Overrated", he is referring to the member and Syracuse fan Overrated.

No I wasnt meaning that he was overraed I was referring to the CUSE fan
With duke possibly losing paulus then he would be a great fit there as well but UK needs aPG just as bad if not worse....
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Do you even know who John Wall is?

Yeah I know who he is why
Hope this does not happen
theVILLE Wrote:With duke possibly losing paulus then he would be a great fit there as well but UK needs aPG just as bad if not worse....

Duke already lost Paulus, he already played 4 years. Somehow he has 1 year if he was to play football, but his basketball career is over.
just heard on espn that john wall was been encouarged by henson and henry i think it was to go to UNC or Duke and he replied by saying those were in the top of schools and wait to see what happend....They also went on to say that he was elgible for the draft and if went he was projected in the top 3!!!
theVILLE Wrote:just heard on espn that john wall was been encouarged by henson and henry i think it was to go to UNC or Duke and he replied by saying those were in the top of schools and wait to see what happend....They also went on to say that he was elgible for the draft and if went he was projected in the top 3!!!

Which ESPN did you hear it on?

The Dallas and Houston game is on ESPN right now.
Wall is a great player but know if he's ready for the NBA but one thing is for sure Caoach Cal needs to forget about him and start looking for a point guard. I would like to see the Bledsoe kid in the Blue and White next season. Even if Wall did come to UK he would be one and done and it sounds to me like he does not where he will end up, college or NBA.:ChairHit:
Wall has said that he is not going to the NBA this year
Wall isnt going to the NBA. He is a one and doner.
Jon Wall is not declaring for the NBA Draft. His top two schools are down to Duke, and Kentucky. He has been getting calls from UNC but said he is just listening and is not that interested.
The NBA really needs to look into their collective bargaining agreement.....
every year someone finds another loop-hole in it
crazyfan4 Wrote:Jon Wall is not declaring for the NBA Draft. His top two schools are down to Duke, and Kentucky. He has been getting calls from UNC but said he is just listening and is not that interested.

That's not what I've been hearing. UNC is the one that is not that highly interested in Wall. Wall is seriously interested in UNC, but Wall would have to split ways with his AAU coach because the coach does not want Wall to end up at UNC.
id love to see jon wall become a bluedevil it would really help us out were we lost paulus but if he doesnt go to Duke id like to see him go anywhere besides UK
Pages: 1 2