Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mock Draft Pick For The Bengals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I'll put up a large amount of money on betting that this is the best mock draft given by someone with a traumatic brain injury that you've EVER seen:Thumbs:

1st- Andre Smith- people say he has maturity issues, but I'm hoping that he takes some responsibility for himself in the NFL because he's still the best tackle in the draft (since he got a bit more in shape).

2nd- Eric Wood- I love his intensity, and he has great pass blocking skills. His run blocking may be questionable, but, with how fast Benson hits the holes, I think if he can just put a body on a nose tackle and keep them from running straight to the running back, as well as maybe a chip or two from the guards, they won't be able to make a play on Benson. I would feel better if he could move the monsters in the division, but how many centers can do that? So, we'll have to settle for controlling them, which, at least he'll be able to shut-them-down in pass protection. My only concern is how often he is compared to Gutcheck, but I'm hoping that's wrong.

3rd- Lawrence Sidbury- I believe that only bringing in Odom on running downs will get him back to his potential when he had 8 sacks in season, and I think Sidbury can be solid if we rotate him in on passing downs.

3rd Comp- Marcus Freeman (as an inside backer). I don't think that I've seen anyone with this pick, but I like it because he can play all 3 spots, and he was just overlooked in college because he played with Laurinatis and Jenkins, which I believe that he could have played middle if Laurinatis wasn't there.

4- I was liking Sammie Lee Hill here, but I think the signing of Tank means that we don't need a DT this early. I was against taking a running back here, but Andre Brown looks like he could be our big cowbell that we need to pound the ball when we get up, Benson needs a rest, we're running out the clock, etc.. He's also not bad catching the ball, so that means we could use him in a variety of ways. Would have been the top back in the draft if not for injury concerns, and nobody wants another Chris Perry, but the risk-reward factor is way too big on the reward side.

5- Morgan Trent (CB, Michigan), I would have liked to take a corner earlier, but just didn't see a spot, so take Trent and hope Joseph and Hall can stay healthy. Actually, Michigan's defense was horrible and he didn't do too bad, so it might not be a bad pick.

6- Brannan Southerland- fullback. Should be a solid pick, although I argue against a fullback besides for short yardage because Benson does better as a single back, but we do need for short yardage and such.

6- punter, TJ Conley if he's still there, Kevin Huber if he's not

7- Deon Butler (WR/PR), hopefully he can be an improvement to our return game.

7- Alex Boone- why not

7- Victor Butler- ran out of picks and it's late
Dude, you've really put a lot of thought into this... :eek:

I haven't thought nearly that far, but here's what I HOPE will happen:

1st round

Obviously the need is for a tackle, but I don't know if Andre Smith will be the guy. He seems to be the prototype right tackle, and I'm sure he would help the running game immensely, but that's not the biggest need. We have to protect Carson's blindside, so I think we have to get someone who will DEFINITELY be able to play left tackle. Whitworth is servicable there, but he's better at guard, and if he has to start at LT then it weakens two positions.

Hopefully either Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe is still available at #6. If not, trade down to the teens in order to get an extra pick, then take Michael Oher.

2nd round

The next biggest need is center. Alex Mack would be awesome, but most projections have him going before the Bengals pick here. I would be okay with Eric Wood, but I would rather have Max Unger instead. Either way, hopefully we never see Ghuiciac on the field ever again.

3rd round

After hopefully solidifying the O-line in the first two rounds, there are several directions the team can go here. The pitiful pass rush could use some help, so maybe they go defensive end here. As for who, I don't know. You never know who will be left by this point.

And so on...

Starting with the comp pick at the end of the 3rd, the team will probably just go with the best player available. Cincy could use another linebacker, a third/nickel corner, and a safety. They will also take a RB to groom for the future.

Pretty much the only positions where there is no need at all are QB, guard, and kicker. Anything else is fair game.
More Cowbell Wrote:Dude, you've really put a lot of thought into this... :eek:

I haven't thought nearly that far, but here's what I HOPE will happen:

1st round

Obviously the need is for a tackle, but I don't know if Andre Smith will be the guy. He seems to be the prototype right tackle, and I'm sure he would help the running game immensely, but that's not the biggest need. We have to protect Carson's blindside, so I think we have to get someone who will DEFINITELY be able to play left tackle. Whitworth is servicable there, but he's better at guard, and if he has to start at LT then it weakens two positions.

Hopefully either Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe is still available at #6. If not, trade down to the teens in order to get an extra pick, then take Michael Oher.

2nd round

The next biggest need is center. Alex Mack would be awesome, but most projections have him going before the Bengals pick here. I would be okay with Eric Wood, but I would rather have Max Unger instead. Either way, hopefully we never see Ghuiciac on the field ever again.

3rd round

After hopefully solidifying the O-line in the first two rounds, there are several directions the team can go here. The pitiful pass rush could use some help, so maybe they go defensive end here. As for who, I don't know. You never know who will be left by this point.

And so on...

Starting with the comp pick at the end of the 3rd, the team will probably just go with the best player available. Cincy could use another linebacker, a third/nickel corner, and a safety. They will also take a RB to groom for the future.

Pretty much the only positions where there is no need at all are QB, guard, and kicker. Anything else is fair game.

haha........... my mind revolves around the Bengals...........:Thumbs:

I trust Anthony Collins protecting Carson's blindside, and people say no because his "natural" position is RT, but he actually played LT first in college and then played one year at RT. Monroe has cardboard knees, and we don't want another Levi Jones.

Unger won't make it past the Steelers because he's so versatile and can play guard or tackle, which they have needs all over the line.

Agreed on the rest:Cheerlead
BFritz Wrote:haha........... my mind revolves around the Bengals...........:Thumbs:

I trust Anthony Collins protecting Carson's blindside, and people say no because his "natural" position is RT, but he actually played LT first in college and then played one year at RT. Monroe has cardboard knees, and we don't want another Levi Jones.

Unger won't make it past the Steelers because he's so versatile and can play guard or tackle, which they have needs all over the line.

Agreed on the rest:Cheerlead

Although I have been wondering who the Bengals will draft this year, my mind doesn't shift completely over to them until the Reds are out of it (usually by mid-July).

Anyway, I'm not sold on Collins playing LT for us. I think he would be servicable there, much like Whitworth would be, but that's not good enough. Carson is fragile enough as it is, and he CAN NOT take a pounding this year or he may never regain his old, Pro Bowl self. I don't want just servicable, we need a stud protecting Carson's blind side. To me, that's either Smith or Monroe. If there are injury concerns with Monroe, that's fine. Just trade down, get an extra pick, and I would be okay with Michael Oher.

As for Unger, you may be right. That would be something if two centers (him and Mack) both went in the first round, but if that's what does happen I would be fine with Eric Wood as plan C.

Just hope and pray they don't do something Bengals-ish and take Beanie Wells with the first pick. :yikes:
We definitely need to beef up our offensive lines. We have to protect Palmer.
Andre Smith in the first round??? Some people never learn.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Andre Smith in the first round??? Some people never learn.

WHAT??? How could the Bengals pass up on Andre? He will be a 10 year all-pro....
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Andre Smith in the first round??? Some people never learn.

haha..................... really?

That might have been the smartest and best pick of the draft, and we had arguably the best draft in the league.