Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2009 Middle School Baseball,,whos hot?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who is hot right now inthe Middle school division for baseball??
i herd that lcc should do good this with there pitcher #7 Josh Slone.
The JC team looks very good and I really liked the Pikeville team as they have some very good left hand pitchers.
Magoffin is doin good...5-1 and we beat JC a couple weeks ago
renegadehornet Wrote:Magoffin is doin good...5-1 and we beat JC a couple weeks ago
While that may be true, it should also be pointed out that JC's top 5 eighth graders are not playing on the middle school team this year. They are strictly JV players this year. The team you beat was all 7 graders, with only one 8th grader playing, and with two 6 graders thrown in.
those lewis county kids have some good catchers and pitchers
Mr.Kimball Wrote:While that may be true, it should also be pointed out that JC's top 5 eighth graders are not playing on the middle school team this year. They are strictly JV players this year. The team you beat was all 7 graders, with only one 8th grader playing, and with two 6 graders thrown in.

Sounds like you guys have some good 8th graders.
kybaseball Wrote:Sounds like you guys have some good 8th graders.

Paintsville has 1 8th grader that starts and has 2 more on Varsity as well. Yes, you want to win the game. But, Middle School Baseball should be all about developement. Cause, you really can't win anything.
Our middle school team here at Powell County is undefeated so far and won two games on saturday. Keep up the good work guys we are all proud of you.
Ridge Runner Wrote:Paintsville has 1 8th grader that starts and has 2 more on Varsity as well. Yes, you want to win the game. But, Middle School Baseball should be all about developement. Cause, you really can't win anything.

That is very true!!!!!:Thumbs:
DEWALT Wrote:those lewis county kids have some good catchers and pitchers

I'm pulling for them.:biggrin:
warrior3 Wrote:I'm pulling for them.:biggrin:

I'm so proud of all of those boys and Coach Prater. It may be a little early in the season, but I BELIEVE we can win it all again this year.

Good Luck LCMS Lions!!!
i went to the braken game and the 1st pitcher out there i thought him and the catcher a good chemistry
Ridge Runner Wrote:Yes, you want to win the game. But, Middle School Baseball should be all about developement. Cause, you really can't win anything.

I agree.
lcc has 5 good pitcher Max Hall,Nick King,Zane Blair,Steven Fox,and Josh Slone
lewis have got some good pitchers also
lewis have 4 really good pitchers to i seen 3 of there ames but i herd a lot about there pitchers
DEWALT Wrote:those lewis county kids have some good catchers and pitchers

i agree. im thinking theyre numbers are 5 and 13 but dont hold me to it.if anyone could verify this it would be appreciated
Lclion4life30 Wrote:i agree. im thinking theyre numbers are 5 and 13 but dont hold me to it.if anyone could verify this it would be appreciated

They have more than just two.
liberty Wrote:They have more than just two.

I've only seen two catchers this year. No, make that 3 because one got sick during one of the second games and left. I seen 5 and 15, I think. 15 is a 6th grader, not too bad for his age.
the kid who wears the number 1, is the starting catcher and catches every game except the second game
warrior3 Wrote:I've only seen two catchers this year. No, make that 3 because one got sick during one of the second games and left. I seen 5 and 15, I think. 15 is a 6th grader, not too bad for his age.

I was thinking of pitchers,sorry for the confusion

Speaking of the starting catcher if I am not mistaken he had a legitiment inside the park HR Saturday.That's what I would have called it.
liberty Wrote:I was thinking of pitchers,sorry for the confusion

Speaking of the starting catcher if I am not mistaken he had a legitiment inside the park HR Saturday.That's what I would have called it.

LOL no problem about confusion Liberty, I think it happens all the time on here. I heard about that in the park HR by the LC catcher, but wasn't at the game. But if I am not mistaken that kid can flat out fly around them bases. IMO he the fastest LC has. LOL

Good job by the Lions for getting revenge on Nicholas but I'm kinda worried that the boys haven't done anything related to baseball since saturday and they gotta go to Fleming on friday and it a conference game. Best of luck to these fine athletes':Cheerlead

yea legit alright, the only thing is he got it against the team that lc beat like 25-1 so i'm not sure that i would really count it
liberty Wrote:They have more than just two.

which player is their ace?
Lclion4life30 Wrote:yea legit alright, the only thing is he got it against the team that lc beat like 25-1 so i'm not sure that i would really count it

Easy,we all are on the same team. As far as who the Ace is I think it is to close to call.

That's OK, I think I was confused myself. I believe I was wrong on the catchers numbers anyway, I believe it might be 1 and 15. Anyway, good luck to them.

I'm blaming in on baseball withdrawal. Seems like forever.
Lclion4life30 Wrote:which player is their ace?
IMO,I think Cory Christy is the Ace of our staff.But,if we are to repeat this year in the conference tournament,all our pitchers will have to pitch well.One bad game for any of the teams in it,including us,and the season is over.So,hopefully,all our pitchers will be ready to pitch,in the tournament,when their number is called
Is this the same Christy that plays football? Didn't know he played baseball too.... I repeat any chance of wooing him away from Lewis?? LOL
Ridge Runner Wrote:Paintsville has 1 8th grader that starts and has 2 more on Varsity as well. Yes, you want to win the game. But, Middle School Baseball should be all about developement. Cause, you really can't win anything.

who is p,villes best 7th grader.
Pages: 1 2