Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central 5 - Hazard 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone?
anyone heard anything
Pcc 5 Hhs 4
Perry Central 5 - Hazard 4...UGLY on both sides. PCC had a good pitching performance from Alan Boggs. Hazard got a very good start from Jody Grigsby. Hazard had several mental errors that hurt them. Perry have too many physical errors. YUCK!:help: :help:
Congrats PCC
Another good win for PCC. Wish I was there. Got Lee co tomorrow at home. Good luck Dores!!!!
Congrats PCC.
Congrats PCC
Hazard must be very suspect when it comes to hitting the curve ball. Boggs doesn't throw that hard but has a descent curve ball. Travis Terry and eigth grader Alex Hamilton gave Hazard fits last night and neither of them can break 65 miles an hour. Powell County is another team that struggles big time against the curve ball dating all the way back to three years ago. I saw Buckhorn's little lefty who was throwing abou 60 mile an hour hold Powell to three runs and if it were not for the dumbest coaching move I have ever seen in high school baseball [ with 2 outs and no one on, needing 1 more out to end the game, the coach intentially walked the tying run, Powell scores 2, game over.] he would have held them to 1 run. When you play these 2 teams, give them a steady diet of the old number 2.
I'll take a win against a rival anytime I can get it.
:thumpsup:
PCC pitched well, nice game. I agree, was a little ugly.
Was a very sloppy game, way to many errors on easy plays on the very slow infield. Always a close game when these two rivals play, very good crowd at the game to watch also. Not a pretty win, but a win is a win I guess! Good game to both clubsl Take Friday night off due to bad weather and be ready to go on Saturday.
Congratulations Bobby Keith and Commodores on a great start to your season.
PCC is doing very good this season so far.
Congrats PCC
Congrats to PCC.
slugger35 Wrote:Hazard must be very suspect when it comes to hitting the curve ball. Boggs doesn't throw that hard but has a descent curve ball. Travis Terry and eigth grader Alex Hamilton gave Hazard fits last night and neither of them can break 65 miles an hour. Powell County is another team that struggles big time against the curve ball dating all the way back to three years ago. I saw Buckhorn's little lefty who was throwing abou 60 mile an hour hold Powell to three runs and if it were not for the dumbest coaching move I have ever seen in high school baseball [ with 2 outs and no one on, needing 1 more out to end the game, the coach intentially walked the tying run, Powell scores 2, game over.] he would have held them to 1 run. When you play these 2 teams, give them a steady diet of the old number 2.

No Boggs aint no flame thrower. But have seen on the gun 79 mph. Not to bad for a freshman. Last time seen his era was like .78 something like that. Dont have to be the fastest to get the job done. just that easy. Boggs is 3-0 on the mound. Held Breathitt to 2. SC to none i think so that would be a big 0 . Gave up 3 last night to Hazard. Not to bad for a person that has no speed. Dont know if Dixion will throw him against wolfe. Boggs had no trouble with them last year when he was at Jackson are with Breathitt last year. But you know that.
kymom Wrote:No Boggs aint no flame thrower. But have seen on the gun 79 mph. Not to bad for a freshman. Last time seen his era was like .78 something like that. Dont have to be the fastest to get the job done. just that easy. Boggs is 3-0 on the mound. Held Breathitt to 2. SC to none i think so that would be a big 0 . Gave up 3 last night to Hazard. Not to bad for a person that has no speed. Dont know if Dixion will throw him against wolfe. Boggs had no trouble with them last year when he was at Jackson are with Breathitt last year. But you know that.

I was not putting Boggs down at all, sorry if you took it that way. He is a very nice young pitcher and a really good kid. I was pointing out what I thought was Hazard's weakness and Powell County's weakness, which happens to be the curve ball. I expect Boggs to win alot of games before he is done because he has good control and a nice curve ball. He is only going to get better. I love his upside.
My bad..PCC doesn't play Wolfe? Wonder Why??
kymom Wrote:My bad..PCC doesn't play Wolfe? Wonder Why??

I don't know. You wil have to ask the coaches of each school that question. I have nothing to do with either school. I am just a retired teacher who umpired high school baseball games for many years and now I travel around everywhere to watch all of these kids play basketball and baseball.
Congrats PCC
slugger35 Wrote:Hazard must be very suspect when it comes to hitting the curve ball. Boggs doesn't throw that hard but has a descent curve ball. Travis Terry and eigth grader Alex Hamilton gave Hazard fits last night and neither of them can break 65 miles an hour. Powell County is another team that struggles big time against the curve ball dating all the way back to three years ago. I saw Buckhorn's little lefty who was throwing abou 60 mile an hour hold Powell to three runs and if it were not for the dumbest coaching move I have ever seen in high school baseball [ with 2 outs and no one on, needing 1 more out to end the game, the coach intentially walked the tying run, Powell scores 2, game over.] he would have held them to 1 run. When you play these 2 teams, give them a steady diet of the old number 2.

Great post. Powell definitely struggles against the old number 2 and it doesn't have to be a good one.
I didnt think these two were going to play again.
Some great pictures of the game are here....

http://www.smoothphoto.com/
kcc75 Wrote:I didnt think these two were going to play again.

That doesn't start until next school year when school starts back in the fall. Games that were already scheduled to be played this year are still being played. Hazard and PCC will play again at Hazard on May 5th.