Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Holmes 2009/2010 Schedule...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
■ Holmes’ schedule next season will include appearances in the Marshall County Hoopfest, King of the Bluegrass, Mason County Classic, Lloyd Invitational, the Kentucky-Tennessee shootout at Warren Central, and the Joe B. Hall Kentucky Prep Classic at Montgomery County.

http://fieldsnotes.bloginky.com/

Mason Co. Classic v Mason Co
Kentucky-Tennessee Shootout v team from Memphis, TN

Others on their schedule:
Warren Central
Withrow, OH
Should be able to win back to back titles next year.
kybaseball Wrote:Should be able to win back to back titles next year.

Scott Co and Eastern will both be tough next year, but Holmes definetly returns the key ingredients to repeat.

Coach Henley has put together a great schedule to prepare them for the type of competition they'll see in the state tournament...not to mention the teams from the 9th that will be tough as well, such as Highlands and Boone Co.

Both Highlands and Boone are legit top 20 teams next year.
Coach Henly understands you have to play good teams in order to get better. Playing cupcake schedules to pad wins won't get it done come tourney time.
kybaseball Wrote:Coach Henly understands you have to play good teams in order to get better. Playing cupcake schedules to pad wins won't get it done come tourney time.

You learn more from a loss than you do a win...Coach Henley understands that. The scary thing is, everyone thought they were a year away last year when they put that schedule together.

I for one didn't think they would finish 36-2 playing the schedule they did. The current group of juniors at Holmes is probably the best class to ever come through there. They have two potential Mr. Basketball's in Elijah Pittman and Ricardo Johnson.
Add Princeton, OH to Holmes schedule as well...their schedule is going to be very tough next year.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Add Princeton, OH to Holmes schedule as well...their schedule is going to be very tough next year.

More like "extremely tough".
I would have liked to seen Holmes represent Kentucky in the Beach Ball Classic!!
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:I would have liked to seen Holmes represent Kentucky in the Beach Ball Classic!!

I think Scott Co is playing in it this year.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I think Scott Co is playing in it this year.

Thanks, I wondered if a Kentucky team was going this year. Wasn't Elliott Co. in the BBC last year? Do you know if Holmes considered going, wondered how all that worked? IMO, would have loved to seen both Holmes and Scott Co. both play in the BBC. Thanks for your input and info.
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Thanks, I wondered if a Kentucky team was going this year. Wasn't Elliott Co. in the BBC last year? Do you know if Holmes considered going, wondered how all that worked? IMO, would have loved to seen both Holmes and Scott Co. both play in the BBC. Thanks for your input and info.

Yes EC went last year and won the consolation bracket.

Not sure if Holmes was invited or not...I think it's more beneficial for them to play in the KOB instead though. Not only do you see some of the best KY has to offer, and teams you'll have to beat to win the state championship, but you also see top 10 teams from other states as well. I've never understood why teams pass up on the KOB (Elliott Co) to play in an out of state tournament. You see just as good of competition and also prepare yourself for down the road by meeting teams that you otherwise wouldn't have seen til the state tournament.

Scott Co is another team I wonder the same thing about. They usually always deny invitations to the KOB, LIT, and Lexcath tourney so they can travel out of state.
Holmes will be playing Christian Co in the Joe B. Hall Kentucky Preps Classic next season.

So as of now, they will play the following teams:

9th region: Highlands, Boone, Dixie, Covcath, Beechwood, Holy Cross, Newcath, St. Henry, Conner, Ryle, Cooper, Newport

Out of region:
Scott, Campbell Co, Christian Co, Warren Central, Princeton (OH), Mason Co

That's pretty solid.
Highlands, Boone Co., Christian Co., Mason Co., Warren Central & Princeton are solid, but the rest are not very impressive.
goodguy Wrote:Highlands, Boone Co., Christian Co., Mason Co., Warren Central & Princeton are solid, but the rest are not very impressive.

I agree...but you also have to consider that they'll be playing in the KOB with GRC, Eastern, and Warren Central plus the out of state teams in the tournament and the Kentucky-Tennessee Shootout vs the team from Memphis.

Holmes schedule will be very tough next year.
Holmes has the talent to repeat for another state title. IMO
goodguy Wrote:Highlands, Boone Co., Christian Co., Mason Co., Warren Central & Princeton are solid, but the rest are not very impressive.

I agree. Not top teams , but still solid.

kywldcat01 Wrote:I agree...but you also have to consider that they'll be playing in the KOB with GRC, Eastern, and Warren Central plus the out of state teams in the tournament and the Kentucky-Tennessee Shootout vs the team from Memphis.

Holmes schedule will be very tough next year.

This is where Holmes will see the most talent and be challenged. Heck of a list of schools in this tourney.
IMO, opinion, no matter who Holmes has scheduled, they will be at Rupp playing for back to back titles for the first time since Fairdale went back to back in the early 1990's. Though they do have a tough schedule, they should with their talent!! Good luck Holmes!
Gold Charger Wrote:I agree. Not top teams , but still solid.

This is where Holmes will see the most talent and be challenged. Heck of a list of schools in this tourney.

Warren Central and Christian Co will both be preseason top 10..Mason Co, Highlands, and Boone will all be top 25...not sure how they aren't considered top teams?
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:IMO, opinion, no matter who Holmes has scheduled, they will be at Rupp playing for back to back titles for the first time since Fairdale went back to back in the early 1990's. Though they do have a tough schedule, they should with their talent!! Good luck Holmes!

Holmes definetly has the talent and team to repeat. IMO anything short of a state title is a disappointment for them.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Warren Central and Christian Co will both be preseason top 10..Mason Co, Highlands, and Boone will all be top 25...not sure how they aren't considered top teams?
List your top 25 teams.
Gold Charger Wrote:List your top 25 teams.

Top 15:

1. Holmes
2. Scott Co
3. Eastern
4. GRC
5. Christian Co
6. Warren Central
7. Jeffersontown
8. Lexcath
9. Shelby Valley
10. Male
11. Mason Co
12. Seneca
13. Highlands
14. Tates Creek
15. Boone Co

Honestly though, after the top 5 or 6 teams, anyone can beat anyone on any given night. The majority of the top 25 teams will be from the 7th, 9th, and 11th regions.
Holmes will play Mason Co January 2nd in the U.S Bank Classic at 8 pm.

On the khsaa website it lists the game as being @ Mason Co.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Top 15:

1. Holmes
2. Scott Co
3. Eastern
4. GRC
5. Christian Co
6. Warren Central
7. Jeffersontown
8. Lexcath
9. Shelby Valley
10. Male
11. Mason Co
12. Seneca
13. Highlands
14. Tates Creek
15. Boone Co

Honestly though, after the top 5 or 6 teams, anyone can beat anyone on any given night. The majority of the top 25 teams will be from the 7th, 9th, and 11th regions.

Now that Barner has left Mason, I don't see them in the top 25. Tates Creek is a team to watch for, look for them to maybe crack the top 10.

Top teams from the 9th region? Sure you have Holmes and Boone. Who else would be in the top 25? Now I can see the 11th, 6th and 7th regions having mulit-teams. No Ballard in your top 15????
Gold Charger Wrote:Now that Barner has left Mason, I don't see them in the top 25. Tates Creek is a team to watch for, look for them to maybe crack the top 10.

Top teams from the 9th region? Sure you have Holmes and Boone. Who else would be in the top 25? Now I can see the 11th, 6th and 7th regions having mulit-teams. No Ballard in your top 15????

With Pawsatt, Setty and Gilbert, Mason is still the #2 team in the 10th, and could easily be a top 25 team IMO.
Gold Charger Wrote:Now that Barner has left Mason, I don't see them in the top 25. Tates Creek is a team to watch for, look for them to maybe crack the top 10.

With or without Barner, Mason Co is still a legit top 25 team. He didn't even start for them this past year...or atleast not in the games that I saw Mason Co he didn't.

I actually forgot all about Ballard. I'd have them in the 11-15 range with Jones and Chiles leading the way. 11-15 is right around where Tates Creek should be too with Fucci and Barksdale. I think they may be a year away from being a legit top 10 team. Still rather young and it showed last year when Holmes beat them by 29.

Stardust Wrote:With Pawsatt, Setty and Gilbert, Mason is still the #2 team in the 10th, and could easily be a top 25 team IMO.

I agree.
Stardust Wrote:With Pawsatt, Setty and Gilbert, Mason is still the #2 team in the 10th, and could easily be a top 25 team IMO.

Don't see them as a top 25 to start the season. They will be starting 2 kids with little or no experience. Now by the end of the year, who knows.

kywldcat01 Wrote:With or without Barner, Mason Co is still a legit top 25 team. He didn't even start for them this past year...or at least not in the games that I saw Mason Co he didn't.

I actually forgot all about Ballard. I'd have them in the 11-15 range with Jones and Chiles leading the way. 11-15 is right around where Tates Creek should be too with Fucci and Barksdale. I think they may be a year away from being a legit top 10 team. Still rather young and it showed last year when Holmes beat them by 29.

I agree.

I disagree on Mason, being rated that high to start the season. Who will be the other 2 starters? No bench with much experience. Teams will exploit this.

Ballard would be in my top 10.
Gold Charger Wrote:Don't see them as a top 25 to start the season. They will be starting 2 kids with little or no experience. Now by the end of the year, who knows.

I disagree on Mason, being rated that high to start the season. Who will be the other 2 starters? No bench with much experience. Teams will exploit this.

Ballard would be in my top 10.

Who would you have in the top 25 over them? Mason Co is a legit top 15 team. They may not have a very deep bench and lack experience, but you have to remember they have a very strong foundation in Setty, Gilbert, and Pawsatt. Mason Co had a pretty good JV squad last year as well with Walton and Hamm. I also expect one of the Lang boys to step up and provide a spark this year as well. Mason doesn't rebuild...they reload.

If I had to guess, Mason's starting 5 will look something like this:

Gilbert, King, Walton/Hamm/Lang/Lang, Setty, Pawsatt
kywldcat01 Wrote:Who would you have in the top 25 over them? Mason Co is a legit top 15 team. They may not have a very deep bench and lack experience, but you have to remember they have a very strong foundation in Setty, Gilbert, and Pawsatt. Mason Co had a pretty good JV squad last year as well with Walton and Hamm. I also expect one of the Lang boys to step up and provide a spark this year as well. Mason doesn't rebuild...they reload.

If I had to guess, Mason's starting 5 will look something like this:

Gilbert, King, Walton/Hamm/Lang/Lang, Setty, Pawsatt

We shall see.

My top 12 teams:

1. Holmes
2. Eastern
3. Scott Co
4. Ballard
5. J-Town
6. Lexington Catholic
7. Male
8. GRC
9. Warren Central
10 Christian Co
11. Shelby Valley
12. Tates Creek
Gold Charger Wrote:We shall see.

My top 12 teams:

1. Holmes
2. Eastern
3. Scott Co
4. Ballard
5. J-Town
6. Lexington Catholic
7. Male
8. GRC
9. Warren Central
10 Christian Co
11. Shelby Valley
12. Tates Creek

Fair enough...that list actually looks pretty good. I'd probably switch GRC and J'town, but other than that, nicely done. :Thumbs:
kywldcat01 Wrote:Fair enough...that list actually looks pretty good. I'd probably switch GRC and J'town, but other than that, nicely done. :Thumbs:

GRC may be up there at the end of the season, but to start the season , I feel #8 is a good place for them. Kendred is playing this year, so that will help alot. But still need to develop the other guards as he will be a senior. Could see some suprise people play the PG position throught out the season. It depends on how certain players would matchup or cause a big mismatch of each individual team.
Pages: 1 2