Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jenkins 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
thought's and predictions.
Jenkins will be young, and inexperience. They need to get kids out, start a feeder program, get to the parents, and also they need to get support from all parties in the school system.
they really do need some players. i think that there is only 1 starter coming back from last year and that was the QB Matt Gross. they had some young players but they hardly ever seen playing time. I've heard that there have been alot of kids coming and weightlifting for the preseason.
If they are going to win any games and be competitive they will have to work in the off season. Did they have spring practice?
cougarpride08 Wrote:If they are going to win any games and be competitive they will have to work in the off season. Did they have spring practice?
yeah they had it. not for sure how many people turned out.
Tpx_Slugger Wrote:yeah they had it. not for sure how many people turned out.
Well I know a certain someone planning on playing next year.
Good Luck Jenkins In 09
sherman14 Wrote:Well I know a certain someone planning on playing next year.
who might that be?
it doesn't matter how many comes out but if they work in the off season together. That is what makes a team.
The last I've heard that dont have many numbers, I know that there is alot of good talent in that school there just too lazy to get out and play!
i predict they only get 2 wins this season
They are really hurting to field a unit IMO. I do not like the situation at all. It is just a bad deal in that small area. Super low population and no work period for family's. The projects are also there so it will be rough for a long time i say. I know alot of family's cannot afford to get there kids to practice and many have no transportation at all. I am not throwing down at all but thats just the facts.
Does Brandon Ratliff still coach at Jenkins?
Real Badman Wrote:Does Brandon Ratliff still coach at Jenkins?
yeah he is asst. coach.
Iv known Brandon for a while he is a good guy. Jenkins has one quality coach.
Real Badman Wrote:Iv known Brandon for a while he is a good guy. Jenkins has one quality coach.
yeah he knows what he's doing.
If the kids at JHS would get off their ***** and play. We would have a pretty decent team. We have some size in our school but they just won't play.
how big is the school at jenkins..
I would guess maybe 150-200 students tops.
In 7-12 we have nearly 400
If there is 400 students in 7-12 then there is no reason that they are not getting kids out to play football. That's a decent number and I seriously doubt that they will have enough to field an 8th grade team this year and probably not enough to be competitive at the high school level. Hilbily hit the nail on the head with the bad conditions up there. I'd love to see them get back to what it used to be but I just don't see it in the near future.
Definitely not 400.
I was just adding 9-12 but i still say its not near 400. Even when they had players out in the past the football still wasn't that great. They had some good Basket and baseball teams. I did play ball with Zeke and he is super smart. he was a beef stock lineman that handled his assignments and was a leader on his team. I think they were 11-2 his senior year at F-N. He knew the whole offense and defense inside and out. If they can get some numbers out then he will put up wins.
They are a small school. I'd have to check the khsaa for their size. They are super small though.

I don't see how they stay afloat to be honest.

I wish them the best nonetheless.
KHSAA.org

08-09 Enrollment data

97 boys in grades 9-12

190 total population in 9-12
I stand corrected all JIS school has 600 students
300 high schoolers
Who is the head coach? such a small school with a moderately tough schedule. Hmmm
I see Jenkins goin 1-9.
Anyone got their schedule?
Pages: 1 2