Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK making it to the Final 4 next year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason I just bet $100 dollars with a buddy, that UK will make it to the final four next year! I'm not a usally dont bet on anything, but he wouldnt stop cracking on Uk, of course he likes a no name team Dayton! What does everyone think about there chance to making it to the final four? I placed this bet on getting some good freshman in next year!
I don't know..... You already have too high a expectation of Coach Calipari....Then when it don't happen people will get mad.... I just wanna make the tourney next year....
I would not have placed that bet until after UK signs the '09 recruits that are highly interested.
You are both right, but like i said i never bet and just through one out there! I think we will do great, and if we dont make the final four, im not one of those guys to get mad! It takes more than one year to build a NCCA Championship team, and i think Coach Cal is the right man for the team! And its just $100!
stonesteven Wrote:You are both right, but like i said i never bet and just through one out there! I think we will do great, and if we dont make the final four, im not one of those guys to get mad! It takes more than one year to build a NCCA Championship team, and i think Coach Cal is the right man for the team! And its just $100!

Oh is that all? :biggrin:
Like BlackcatAlum said. I don't think I would have placed that bet until I seen what 09' recruits we got.
If we land Cousins, Henry and Wall, you my friend just won yourself 100 bucks.
If we retain Meeks and Patterson then i would bet that we are in. The new recruits will help as well.
TATE_64 Wrote:I don't know..... You already have too high a expectation of Coach Calipari....Then when it don't happen people will get mad.... I just wanna make the tourney next year....

I agree with Tate. I dont think we should have expectations of Final 4 his first year at UK. My expectation in his first year is winning games we suposed to win (G-Webb, VMI, ect. ) ,Win the the SEC, and make the NCAA tourney. Getting those recuits and possibly making the Final 4 would be great and I hope it happens but I wont have that high of expectations on Coach Cal in his 1st year.
I hope you win that 100 bucks and would love to see UK back in the Final 4 myself!! I agree with TATE 64, just get to the tournament and we will go from there!!! You should bet him 100 bucks that UK will go farther in post season play than Dayton!!
C.Clair Wrote:If we land Cousins, Henry and Wall, you my friend just won yourself 100 bucks.

LoL. I agree.
I think you let your high expectations convince you to make a silly bet...
DeuceUL Wrote:I think you let your high expectations convince you to make a silly bet...

If I lose it its ok, but if we keep the key players and get just one good shooting and ball handling PG, and another good big man then that is a totally diff. team!!!! Like I said I will set them up to win, but im not one of those people that are going to talk them down if they dont make it! We will have a great chance to make it to the final four MARK THIS DOWN IN THE BOOKS:1: !
MVP2 Wrote:I agree with Tate. I dont think we should have expectations of Final 4 his first year at UK. My expectation in his first year is winning games we suposed to win (G-Webb, VMI, ect. ) ,Win the the SEC, and make the NCAA tourney. Getting those recuits and possibly making the Final 4 would be great and I hope it happens but I wont have that high of expectations on Coach Cal in his 1st year.

I agree.:Thumbs:
I just hope that I never have to watch my team play another NIT game. Regardless of what tourney we're in, I'll watch the cats but like I said I sure hope we never have to be in the NIT again.
Well he said in the conference that he was not the Mesiah
My friend, if you want to give away $100 foolishly, PM me and I will give you my address.