Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Anyone see Landon Slone during the Presser?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
kybaseball Wrote:I think I caught that the first time I heard it. Rolleyes Just because he is a walk on doesn't mean he won't be shown the door. Saying otherwise is wishfull thinking and nieve.

Yeah, there is a chance he does get shown the door, but the chances of that are slim.

Landon (out of all the other walk-ons) received playing time numerous times last season, so I just don't believe he will one to get cut.
You maybe right I just have a feeling Cal will make a clean sweep of players he can't use.
kybaseball Wrote:You maybe right I just have a feeling Cal will make a clean sweep of players he can't use.

Well you are allowed to only bring 15 players with you on road trips and theres only 13 players on the team on scholarship, so I say the chances of Cal trimming the number of players on the roster to 15 is likely.

List of walk-ons on the team...

Matt Sherbenske (SR)
Mark Krebs (SR)
Dwight Perry (SR)
Adam Delph (SO)
Landon Slone (SO)
Mark Halsell (SO)
It is good to have a local player on the team but right now this program needs every good player they can get including walk on's. For practice purposes if nothing else Slone doesn't strike me as a player that will be able to keep up even in practice.When and if things get going good then UK can afford to carry players like him.
He would be doing himself and UK a favor if he went on to Georgetown or Pikeville and not be a dead weight on a program that is trying to rebuild.
Hope he does well.
kybaseball Wrote:It is good to have a local player on the team but right now this program needs every good player they can get including walk on's. For practice purposes if nothing else Slone doesn't strike me as a player that will be able to keep up even in practice.When and if things get going good then UK can afford to carry players like him.
He would be doing himself and UK a favor if he went on to Georgetown or Pikeville and not be a dead weight on a program that is trying to rebuild.

:Thumbs: Well said
Pages: 1 2