Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Michigan State 64 - Louisville 52
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Congrats Spartans!
If you remember, I tried to be someone on this site several weeks ago that Louisville would end up choking and choking on the Free Throw Line, Guess what?? I was right...
MVP2 Wrote:Very well could be true. I just think this win means Izzo will prolly be the first one offered. That doesnt mean he'll come. I cant wait to see who the next coach is for the big blue!

I'm sure you're right about him having first refusal. This guy has always been a Michigan guy. Played his highschool and college in that state and has been with with MSU for about 20 years counting his time as an assistant there.
jetpilot Wrote:You have a lot to learn Grasshopper. Kentuckiana is a term for the Louisville metropolitan area, which includes Indiana. A chip on one's shoulder is never good. Let go of the hate son, LET GO OF THE HATE!:biggrin:

I know what it is. I've been there, heard the Louisville news stations, they all say they're "Kentuckiana." Just like how 99% of the people from Northern KY say they're from Cincinnati. If you're proud of Kentucky and want to represent it, then there's no need to distance yourself from it.
Boooo. I wanted them to win! Well, congrats MSU.
The only thing that would make this day even better is if UNC lost today too.
Yet again, we are the best! :redboxer:
I thought U of L would go all the way. But congrats MSU!
ComfortEagle Wrote:I know what it is. I've been there, heard the Louisville news stations, they all say they're "Kentuckiana." Just like how 99% of the people from Northern KY say they're from Cincinnati. If you're proud of Kentucky and want to represent it, then there's no need to distance yourself from it.

It's a GEOGRAPHIC TERM!:HitWall: Kind of like Ashland is in the "tri-state" area. Does that mean they think they are in three states, or they don't want to be only in Kentucky? It's real simple and you are waaaaaaaaaaaay off base. People in Louisville AND Northern Kentucky are proud to be from Kentucky and don't want to be considered from Indiana or Ohio. In fact, they look down on those people. It's hilarious you are hung up on the Kentuckiana thing.:thatsfunn

From reference.com
Kentuckiana is a name that is often used to refer to metropolitan areas with counties in both Indiana and Kentucky.
ComfortEagle Wrote:The only thing that would make this day even better is if UNC lost today too.

You hit the nail on the head with that quote.
jetpilot Wrote:It's a GEOGRAPHIC TERM!:HitWall: Kind of like Ashland is in the "tri-state" area. Does that mean they think they are in three states, or they don't want to be only in Kentucky? It's real simple and you are waaaaaaaaaaaay off base. People in Louisville AND Northern Kentucky are proud to be from Kentucky and don't want to be considered from Indiana or Ohio. In fact, they look down on those people. It's hilarious you are hung up on the Kentuckiana thing.:thatsfunn

Nope, just stating my opinion of the situation which I have seen with my own eyes. Google it all you want, but I've got my opinion and you've got yours and that's what makes this site go 'round. It's hilarious that you think that a team who maybe only 20% of the state likes, represents the state as a whole. Nope. True UK fans are rejoicing the loss of Louisville.
Yea, if you're a real KY Fan, you're jumping up for joy and not having to hear all of those idiots talk about playing for a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP and cannot wait to hear the call in shows tomorrow
ComfortEagle Wrote:Nope, just stating my opinion of the situation which I have seen with my own eyes. Google it all you want, but I've got my opinion and you've got yours and that's what makes this site go 'round. It's hilarious that you think that a team who maybe only 20% of the state likes, represents the state as a whole. Nope. True UK fans are rejoicing the loss of Louisville.

I googled it for your benefit. I knew what it meant. And Louisville represents the state of Kentucky whether you think it does or not. Now you can have the last word and then get back to rooting for teams from states other than your own home state. :argue: :biggrin:
jetpilot Wrote:I googled it for your benefit. I knew what it meant. And Louisville represents the state of Kentucky whether you think it does or not. Now you can have the last word and then get back to rooting for teams from states other than your own home state. :argue: :biggrin:

Nah, again, I'm a true UK fan. I root for no other college team.
the Spartans looked great today!!!!
congrats to UofL on a great season and good luck to MSU in the Final 4!
DeuceUL Wrote:Staying in the zone was Louisville's demise today. Didn't pass the ball well on offense, and Michigan State made their shots. Still a great year for Louisville.

Was MSU really that good at breaking the press? I didn't understand why the Cards didn't stick with it at the beginning of the half
Not suprised by this one. Although Louisville is talented they are not a mentally tough team. The Spartans took it to them and Rick's boys just rolled over in the second half.

Hey they made it a game farther into the tournament then I thought they would.
I didn't pick this one. But I'm glad Michigan St. won.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I could care less if Louisville never made the tourney ever again.True UK fans NEVER root for UofL.

Louisville does not represent the state of Kentucky, they represent an imaginary place they've created to distance themselves from Kentucky that they call "Kentuckiana."

I despise Louisville. If UK can't win the championship, then I'm sure as **** not going to root for Louisville.
Jeaulous of my team are you....My team made it to the elite 8 in the NCAA tourney your didnt even make the tourney.....give credit where it is do!!!

Now the cards got out Hmmmm... Execuse me....The cards got out played today.....yeah I said it....lol....But Louisville had a very accomplishing season.....Started out at #3 in the nation....and went 31-6 over all....including 21 -2 in the beast east....won the big east regular season and the Big east tourney....and made a run to the elite 8....and yes that isnt teh final four or championship....but it took a good team to make it to the elite 8....So looking back not a bad season...Beating Kentucky!!!!, Syracuse(2 including for tourney championship) Villanova(3), #1 Pitt, #13 Notre Dame, Gtown....I mean not a bad season....
Again I know NOVA made it to the Final Four and Congrats I am rooting for you and Mich St...Now:Thumbs:
ComfortEagle Wrote:I know what it is. I've been there, heard the Louisville news stations, they all say they're "Kentuckiana." Just like how 99% of the people from Northern KY say they're from Cincinnati. If you're proud of Kentucky and want to represent it, then there's no need to distance yourself from it.

How dare you, no NKY native would dare spew this from their tongue! As a matter of fact, many of us didn't know there was anything below us and felt NKY was the only KY. TongueirateSho

:biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Careful UK fans, you are setting yourself up for the Card fans blasting us that at least they were in the tourney.

theVILLE Wrote:I despise Louisville. If UK can't win the championship, then I'm sure as **** not going to root for Louisville.
Jeaulous of my team are you....My team made it to the elite 8 in the NCAA tourney your didnt even make the tourney.....give credit where it is do!!!

Now the cards got out Hmmmm... Execuse me....The cards got out played today.....yeah I said it....lol....But Louisville had a very accomplishing season.....Started out at #3 in the nation....and went 31-6 over all....including 21 -2 in the beast east....won the big east regular season and the Big east tourney....and made a run to the elite 8....and yes that isnt teh final four or championship....but it took a good team to make it to the elite 8....So looking back not a bad season...Beating Kentucky!!!!, Syracuse(2 including for tourney championship) Villanova(3), #1 Pitt, #13 Notre Dame, Gtown....I mean not a bad season....
Again I know NOVA made it to the Final Four and Congrats I am rooting for you and Mich St...Now:Thumbs:

I knew this was coming :1:
ComfortEagle Wrote:Nope, just stating my opinion of the situation which I have seen with my own eyes. Google it all you want, but I've got my opinion and you've got yours and that's what makes this site go 'round. It's hilarious that you think that a team who maybe only 20% of the state likes, represents the state as a whole. Nope. True UK fans are rejoicing the loss of Louisville.

Actually I think they are mad because Louisville is better than them and they want to say that so maybe they are the top team in the state....lol....and U of L fans are rejoicing the Uk loss in the NIT or something like that...lol... So 20% of the state is happy right now.....
Navajo4life Wrote:Maybe all of you looserville fans will QUIT comparing this Looserville team to the 1996 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP team at THE UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY
And maybe you all will quit wishing you had RICKY P......lol and Maybe you all will win a few more games and make the tourney....Confusedhh:
^ somebody woke up.......
Navajo4life Wrote:Still TWO National titles and none since 86, that sucks.... I did not see T-Will, Jerry Smith, Earl Clark or Preston Knowles chest bump one another after the game.. Or T-Will go over and high five the game announcers or I did not see Edgar Sosa look into the camera and give a smile or fix his eye brows or blow a kiss to his man love.

But what was priceless is seeing Steve Massiello up and "coaching" all through 1st half and up to about 8 minutes to go in the 2nd half and then, BAM, he did not get back out of his seat.

Say WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE TEAM HERE???? I think the ELITE 8 is pretty good sure there is better but think about there season....Sorry your team had a hard year or terrible year but you dont have to be mad
mrfootball03 Wrote:Let's don't. Izzo just dominated Pitino. Pitino is past his prime.

Another year, another oust for Pitino. Pitino has (0) championships @ Louisvilel LOL

Another year, another empty tournament for Louisville..

#1 overall seed, was theirs to lose, and they did!!!

CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKE!!

You Know what CHOOOOOOOKE is dont you.....your team done it all year.....man give credit to the cards they had a great season and yes they got beat.....everyone does....lol....again you should know:Thumbs:
ComfortEagle Wrote:That's his curse for leaving UK and it can only be reversed by Pitino coming back to UK.

You are madly in love with him arent you!!!!
Navajo4life Wrote:Yea, if you're a real KY Fan, you're jumping up for joy and not having to hear all of those idiots talk about playing for a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP and cannot wait to hear the call in shows tomorrow

Yes you are probably right about true or real UK fans. But you calling fans of other teams idiots really shows your intelligence!!!! If UK was playing for a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP you would be bragging too sounds like jealousy to me!!! JMO AND DONT CARE WHO LIKES OR WHO DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love watching UofL get beat.
Navajo4life Wrote:John Calapari will be the next coach at THE UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY... I hope all of those Looserville fans don't do something tragic coming back home down I-65

The only thing tragic is going to be next season at RUPP win VILLE whips UK again....:Thumbs: Say Calapari is made it to the sweet 16 right
Pages: 1 2 3