Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 20 - Pikeville 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
What's going on at Pikeville?

Congrats Tigers!
Congrats Paintsville. Any stats?
:yikes: Looks as if Paintsville took Pikeville to the wood shed today! :yikes:
Paintsville didn't take them there...Pikeville lives there.
jetpilot Wrote:Paintsville didn't take them there...Pikeville lives there.

This is unbelievable! There is no sense regardless of how down Pikeville is that they should lose to anyone in the 15th region this badly. Even with Lawrence last year Pikeville put up a fight. It doesn't even look like they are fighting this year for anything. Something needs to be done quickly before this program get too out of hand, like their football team did. They did a good job with the hire there, and i think a similar situation needs to happen with baseball.
From what I saw today. The coach can't catch it for them. One thing he can do though is control players. I feel a certain player from Pikeville (#2), embarressed his team today the way he acted on the mound. For example, The little statement he made to the Ump and the numerous "F" Bombs he dropped ever so loudly the same inning.
WOW. Huge win for Paintsville.
Magnum PI Wrote:From what I saw today. The coach can't catch it for them. One thing he can do though is control players. I feel a certain player from Pikeville (#2), embarressed his team today the way he acted on the mound. For example, The little statement he made to the Ump and the numerous "F" Bombs he dropped ever so loudly the same inning.

Well discipline goes hand in hand with them catching those balls your talking about. If they had more discipline then during practice when they were doing fundamentals they would be more focused and disciplined to be coachable and learn the fundamentals they needed to learn. Discipline goes hand in hand with defense and offense in baseball, without discipline you cannot win!!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:What's going on at Pikeville?

Congrats Tigers!

The same thing that's happening in every sport there, besides cheerleading! Athletes or lack of. But noone wants to accept that fact right now. It's always the coaches fault.
Pikeville must have played terrible to have lost this bad.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:This is unbelievable! There is no sense regardless of how down Pikeville is that they should lose to anyone in the 15th region this badly. Even with Lawrence last year Pikeville put up a fight. It doesn't even look like they are fighting this year for anything. Something needs to be done quickly before this program get too out of hand, like their football team did. They did a good job with the hire there, and i think a similar situation needs to happen with baseball.

Why not mention the basketball teams as well? Not making it out of the district in the last two seasons would also be considered subpar, I would think!
Pikeville did make about 8 errors, and they were all costly as Paintsville took asvantage of every one of them. Both teams actually hit the ball pretty well today, but Pikeville just cooled off adter the first 2 innings and that was when Paintsville really just got started.
Pikeville led 4-0 after 1. and afrer a bases clearing triple by Tiger Corey Adams and eventual score to tie the game, pikeville answered with 2 more in the bottom of the 2nd to lead 6-4. From then on it was all Paintsville. I can't remember everyone's stats but I do know that Paintsville's Seth Rice went 2-6 with a single and a double, and Jake Cyrus was 2-4 single and a tripple and 2 BBs. Paintsville still needs to find an answer to the routine plays that end with an unforced error though.
A couple of us said that when Brown, Adams and Lyons got their bats going that the Tigers looked as if they might be able to put up some pretty big numbers. It happened in this one.
36 runs in 3 games against decent teams is pretty impressive, What isn't is giving up 24!!!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Well discipline goes hand in hand with them catching those balls your talking about. If they had more discipline then during practice when they were doing fundamentals they would be more focused and disciplined to be coachable and learn the fundamentals they needed to learn. Discipline goes hand in hand with defense and offense in baseball, without discipline you cannot win!!

I agree totally, it doesnt appear the team even works on fundamentals. Coach Lawson never had a team play this poorly. a good hire is the answer.
Commanche Wrote:I agree totally, it doesnt appear the team even works on fundamentals. Coach Lawson never had a team play this poorly. a good hire is the answer.
This Wednesday. No Practice. About 6 or 7 players had to go to the field ON THEIR OWN.
Wow, 20-8???
Panther Thunder Wrote:This Wednesday. No Practice. About 6 or 7 players had to go to the field ON THEIR OWN.

Does Pikeville still have the policy of no practice/games after 6pm on Wednesday?
IRISH4 Wrote:Does Pikeville still have the policy of no practice/games after 6pm on Wednesday?

The solution to that is practice before 6.
I realize that, but I don't think one day of practice will prevent errors and lack of baseball knowledge.
It wouldn't hurt.
the Pikeville athletic director musthave no interest in sports. Really they were pretty bad this year in every sport. And if it wasn't about everyone begging to bring coach howard to the football program They probably wouldn't have cared to bring in some guy that they know they will be fired next year.
And the next year, and the next year.
sounds like a rough game for Pikeville. Who pitched for both teams?
IRISH4 Wrote:I realize that, but I don't think one day of practice will prevent errors and lack of baseball knowledge.

You right one day wont make a difference, and I have some an epidemic starting with baseball knowledge among players. It seems like every year it gets worse and worse with players around this area knowing how to play the game of baseball. I would say if you did a test with players in this region to test their baseball IQ, the general consensus would be around 65. That just me guessing, but it is bad I will agree with that.
SportsKing Wrote:Why not mention the basketball teams as well? Not making it out of the district in the last two seasons would also be considered subpar, I would think!

Are you trying to ignore me jackrabbit?
jetpilot Wrote:The solution to that is practice before 6.

I'm sure that with the turf field, they've had several more practices than anyone else this year. I believe that players playing out of position has more to do with the problems they are having? Why play Harmon in CF? He should be in on as many defensive plays as possible.
Commanche Wrote:I agree totally, it doesnt appear the team even works on fundamentals. Coach Lawson never had a team play this poorly. a good hire is the answer.

At some point in time, players have to be held accountable for their poor play. Coaches can't play for them. The players need to step up and backup all the talk and strut! I'm sure they've been coached on how to field groundballs, shag flyballs, and make good throws since little league.
Sure you still have to practice these fundamentals every day, but all these great athletes out there needs to start being athletic.
SportsKing Wrote:Are you trying to ignore me jackrabbit?

No im not ignoring you, i shouldn't have made the footbal reference this is a baseball forum and nothing else, and it should be kept that way. I made the mistake of making that reference, but either way i dont know enough about the basketball program to say one way or the other

SportsKing Wrote:At some point in time, players have to be held accountable for their poor play. Coaches can't play for them. The players need to step up and backup all the talk and strut! I'm sure they've been coached on how to field groundballs, shag flyballs, and make good throws since little league.
Sure you still have to practice these fundamentals every day, but all these great athletes out there needs to start being athletic.

Im not sure if they have all that great of athletes, and when you dont have a lot of great athletes you have to do the little things. With a team like this one you have to work ten times as hard as anybody else in the region and keep a positive attitude with your players. Attitude reflects leadership, and when your coach isn't putting out the necessary effort to win, then your players won't either. This program needs to be swept clean from the ground up in order to get it back to where it needs to be.
WOW! Congrats Tigers.
Congrats Tigers.
Looks like they outclawed the Panthers in this one.
Big Grin