Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who will be the next coach at Kentucky?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I question on whether Billy D is honestly the right man for the job too. I mean Where has he been the past two years? NIT.
Didnt Pitino lead Louisville to the NIT one year?
John Calapari(sp?) maybe.
Mark Few could be a good one look at what he has done with the Zags.
Travis Ford or Pelphry hasn't really proved there self, but They have been improving the programs.

Bobby Knight is one of my favorites, but what really scares me about him is he won't coach much longer if he does come back which I think he will. I do not think he will return to a very big school. Maybe some one like a C-USA school or a MAC school maybe even a lower tier SEC or Big East school.
Calipari!!!!!! His players play the type of basketball that the Big Blue Nation likes! He is the perfect fit! But if he don't come to UK I think the next choice would have to be Jay Wright!
According to flight records Billy D. is in lexington Ky right now. so jus maybe we have a gator converting over to a wildcat. i think he is a good coach but he doesnt deserve the job. He had his chance last year and didnt take so yea.
it dont matter to me but id like to see rick pinto come back
I would love to see Calipari become our next coach. I like his style and he is very good at recruiting. I think Ford will eventually become a good coach, but I don't think he is ready for UK yet. Either way, UK needs to hire a big name and do it quickly.
Calipari the other day: Not interested.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/sports/0...o_Kentucky
TomSportsHack Wrote:Calipari the other day: Not interested.

Of course he will tell his fans that, that doesn't mean anything
Andy Katz reported on Sportscenter this evening that a source told him that Calipari would be very intrested in UK offered. Andy Katz also said the other choices are Rick Barnes, Jay Wright, and Travis Ford as the last choice if everyone turns them down. It's funny to hear Dicky V going on that Calipari or Rick Barnes would be great for UK.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:He was at UK first. Won a NCAA title at Kentucky.
Actually NO he was at UMASS and providence before UK
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I’m not trying to cause any problems but why would any of the coaches on the list want to come to Kentucky when the program is down and the last two coaches have been run out of town. And one of those coaches has already rebuilt another program.

Where? The big ten? :thatsfunn In that confrence plus the cupcakes in the rest of the scheldule shouldnt be to hard for any coach to win 20 games. Tubby ran himself out of town. He inherited a great team and recruits. He built nothin at UKexcept slowly choked out an elite program. He couldnt do anything with his own players except beat up mid-majors or less. He ran off some very good players, let some in state players put the dagger to us and left UK fans with a bad taste in their mouth. When did it become OK. Why did we settle and think that 20 wins was enough. Get to the dance and 1 an out? To answer your question the name "UK" is enough. For some like Ford or Pelphrey it would be PRIDE. Plus if you have to ask you wouldnt understand anyways.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Calipari the other day: Not interested.

YES he was still in the tourney then...he would not say aything the if UK offered him 12 million
Hopefully Other.
IF it is Ford or Calapari I will be finding a new team.
I suggested this on another thread: Darrin Horn might be a very good choice.
Now What Wrote:Where? The big ten? :thatsfunn In that confrence plus the cupcakes in the rest of the scheldule shouldnt be to hard for any coach to win 20 games. Tubby ran himself out of town. He inherited a great team and recruits. He built nothin at UKexcept slowly choked out an elite program. He couldnt do anything with his own players except beat up mid-majors or less. He ran off some very good players, let some in state players put the dagger to us and left UK fans with a bad taste in their mouth. When did it become OK. Why did we settle and think that 20 wins was enough. Get to the dance and 1 an out? To answer your question the name "UK" is enough. For some like Ford or Pelphrey it would be PRIDE. Plus if you have to ask you wouldnt understand anyways.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN is on the money. I have loved UK my entire life but I find it more difficult every year to maintain that loyalty.
TomSportsHack Wrote:I suggested this on another thread: Darrin Horn might be a very good choice.
I agree but I don't think it will ever happen. Not high profile enough.
FBALL Wrote:I agree but I don't think it will ever happen. Not high profile enough.

Maybe not for a certain portion of the fans but they'll get over it.
DeuceUL Wrote:Name one reason Pitino would leave Louisville to go back to Kentucky...

Ego.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Maybe not for a certain portion of the fans but they'll get over it.
Only if he wins imediately and that is doubtful.
FBALL Wrote:Only if he wins imediately and that is doubtful.

Nobody is going to win "immediately" at Kentucky, if you define "win" as "all the way to the final four now-now-now!" With the right coach, second round of the tournament is possible with what Kentucky has on hand right now.

UK has been worse off than it is now and come back from it.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Nobody is going to win "immediately" at Kentucky, if you define "win" as "all the way to the final four now-now-now!" With the right coach, second round of the tournament is possible with what Kentucky has on hand right now.

UK has been worse off than it is now and come back from it.

Its not how I define win that matters. I think the "final four now-now-now" definition is the one that most adhere to. That is unfortunate.
DeuceUL Wrote:Name one reason Pitino would leave Louisville to go back to Kentucky...

UK has five times as many fans as UL if he could resurrect UK again he would be A GOD in Ky. Plus he would never have to wear that terrible white suite again.
FBALL Wrote:Its not how I define win that matters. I think the "final four now-now-now" definition is the one that most adhere to. That is unfortunate.

And it's the reason a lot of the A-list coaches being named on this thread won't come to Lexington.
The first person I would talk to would be Pelphrey.
TomSportsHack Wrote:And it's the reason a lot of the A-list coaches being named on this thread won't come to Lexington.

I absolutely agree.
:rockon: Get 'em FOX
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Because Pitino said "leaving UK was the worst mistake of my life."
Kyboy13 Wrote:UK has five times as many fans as UL if he could resurrect UK again he would be A GOD in Ky. Plus he would never have to wear that terrible white suite again.

Why though??? He is currently doing GREAT AWESOME MARVELOUS EXC at VILLE....and what does it matter about your championships he will get one this year or atleast he is in the elite 8....so I doubt he comes to UK.....besides he put you all at the top of the nation ad thought you could handle it from there...but he was wrong there....he shouldnt have to come back to help you.....:lmao:
Kyboy13 Wrote:UK has five times as many fans as UL if he could resurrect UK again he would be A GOD in Ky. Plus he would never have to wear that terrible white suite again.

Since I'm sure that the number of fans a team has is the determining factor... :zzz:
theVILLE Wrote:Why though??? He is currently doing GREAT AWESOME MARVELOUS EXC at VILLE....and what does it matter about your championships he will get one this year or atleast he is in the elite 8....so I doubt he comes to UK.....besides he put you all at the top of the nation ad thought you could handle it from there...but he was wrong there....he shouldnt have to come back to help you.....:lmao:
Odd how you find that so funny. The UofL program was worse off than UK's when he came to your rescue. I for one don't want Pitino back. UofL might be satisfied with our retreads, but we don't want theirs. I also don't think Mark Few would be suited for a big time program. I like Calipari, Wright, and Tom Izzo. I have always liked Izzo. His teams are always in the top 10 and he runs a clean program. Plus, he seems to be a good guy. Billy G. might have been okay given more time, but I have had enough of his smirky grin and his arrogance.
The same old naysayers predicting Kentucky will be hard pressed to get a top coach. Funny and predictable.:zzz:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6