Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central 8 - Harlan Co. 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final..... Dallas Adams gets the win for LCC..... Still signs of early season kinks from both teams........ Good to see LCC bounce back after giving away the season opener.
Got a chance to watch this game after visiting a family member in Cumberland, and it was a very, very fun game to watch....... I'll tell you this; Harlan Co. has all the ingrediants to make a good run come tourny time. Their QB started the game and was really pitching good with great control, and a slider/hard curve from Hades! In the 1st LCC got a runner in from third who reached on an error. Harlan's pitcher (their QB) settled in though and retired all batters until LCC got back through the order. Brock showed great control on the hill for LCC as his curve and velocity are not yet up to par. Kincaid opened up the game for Letcher with 2 rbi doubles. LCC was up 4-0 when two errors and 3 terrible calls got Harlan 4 runs to tie it up. D.adams came in for LCC and took them into the 6th tied up. HC brought in Creech who strugled with control and let 4 runs come in. Watts then came in for LCC and man was he on his game! Struck out the first two batters with one of the best curveballs I've seen then got a ground out. stayed 8-4 in to the bottom of the seventh. Watts looked shaky in the 9th got a ground ball then walked one, then walked another, then got a pop out in the infield, walked another to load em, but sit down the last batter. If Harlan can mesh and start hitting the ball then theywill be a very hard team to beat behind two good pitchers. But Creech has to work on his control.
I'm really excited to see these two good teams play again! Anyone know if they do? I'm pulling for both teams this year.......
Nice win for LCC. Good things in motion for both teams imo.
Good win for LCC