Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 1996 Cats vs. LSU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had forgot totally about this...This is when UK's press and shooting torched LSU for 86 points in the first half....amazing. Check it out.

wow.. this team would score 200 on todays Cats
I know we will get blasted on here by anti-UK fans for living in the past, but this was the good ole days!
Definitely awesome!! I miss it.
wow, that really was amazing, it said they where 14-1 at this time, anybody know which team beat them.. Did they go on to win it all that year?
glory days
i would love to see half of this effort at UK this year
NYY10 Wrote:wow, that really was amazing, it said they where 14-1 at this time, anybody know which team beat them.. Did they go on to win it all that year?

Umass?
I know it wasn't Louisville^^
Aslan Wrote:Umass?

It indeed was UMass. The '96 Cats eventually went on to beat that same UMass team led by Marcus Camby (coached by John Calipari) in the Final Four.
God I miss those days
outdoorsman43 Wrote:It indeed was UMass. The '96 Cats eventually went on to beat that same UMass team led by Marcus Camby (coached by John Calipari) in the Final Four.

so they didnt win it all that year?
NYY10 Wrote:so they didnt win it all that year?

Kentucky beat Syracuse in the finals that year I think by 9.
HarleyD Wrote:Kentucky beat Syracuse in the finals that year I think by 9.

Correct.
Very great team. Would you all say,that was kentucky's best team they ever had?
NYY10 Wrote:Very great team. Would you all say,that was kentucky's best team they ever had?

Not only that, one of the best teams to ever take the floor.
Kentucky only lost 2 games that year, and both teams that beat them made the final four. Umass and Mississippi State.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I know we will get blasted on here by anti-UK fans for living in the past, but this was the good ole days!

Well you are living the past, but I dont blame you....lol...No all jokes aside this team was for real....I think it had something to do with good coaching....This team alos went o to win the CHAMPIOSHIP
Stardust Wrote:I know it wasn't Louisville^^

Thats funny It was the coach that had this team at the top
theVILLE has an incurable case of UK-itis and it is terminal......
jetpilot Wrote:theVILLE has an incurable case of UK-itis and it is terminal......

no I have an icurable case of winning...lol
theVILLE Wrote:no I have an icurable case of winning...lol

Well you must have caught it from a UK fan, because Louisville hasn't won a title in your lifetime.....
:lmao:
jetpilot Wrote:Well you must have caught it from a UK fan, because Louisville hasn't won a title in your lifetime.....
jetpilot Wrote:Well you must have caught it from a UK fan, because Louisville hasn't won a title in your lifetime.....

Thats because this season isnt over yet
This might have been the greatest college team to ever hit the hardwood. Didnt they have like 8 future NBA players?
For some reason when i watch this video i keep hearing the song "Glory Days". I don't know why?!?! LOL!!!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Correct.
yep 76-67 i remember cause i used to have a glass with the score on it and the #'s are flipped
yeah marcus camby couldn't get us this year but mike bibby next year and Ricky P tried to take the big step.
theVILLE Wrote:Thats because this season isnt over yet

Their season will end soon enough.

It won't be this year.:Thumbs:
crazytaxidriver Wrote:God I miss those days

haha your horse only has 2 legs in you display picture

But that Kentucky team look great.