Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County 2009 Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
anyone know the dates and times of these games.

Bourbon County (Opening Game)
Breathitt County (District Game)
Magoffin County (District Game)
Newport
Madison Southern
Pineville
Rowan County
Garrard County
Somerset

@ Powell County (District Game) Oct. 23rd 7:30
The Engineers should be good this coming season.
How did spring ball go this year?
Strikeout King Wrote:The Engineers should be good this coming season.

How many games do you see them winning?
idk i havent saw them yet and idk who is playing and whos not and they dont even have the rest of the coaching staff in place yet.
We were able to get a good start on the offense and introduced the defense during spring ball. I was extremely impressed. Just because we are young, don't count us out. Young is okay when you have 6'5 305, 6'2 290, 6'0 265, as Sophomores on the line. Plus, there is a stable of backs. Best of all, these young men have a great work ethic in the weight room.

Coaching Staff:
John Luttrell - Head Coach / Call offense
Austin "Mo" Moore
Lynn West
Greg Thomas
Jason Babor
Justin Luttrell

Plus, Edwin Allen will be hired as the Defensive Coordinator
Quote:We were able to get a good start on the offense and introduced the defense during spring ball. I was extremely impressed. Just because we are young, don't count us out. Young is okay when you have 6'5 305, 6'2 290, 6'0 265, as Sophomores on the line. Plus, there is a stable of backs. Best of all, these young men have a great work ethic in the weight room.

Coaching Staff:
Austin "Mo" Moore
Lynn West
Greg Thomas
Jason Babor
Justin Luttrell

Coach has the games, time, dates been scheuled yet?

i would like to see us pull the upset of Breathitt County, they got a RB that in my opinion he's the best in the state, he's just a junior and from what i heard he's already got a full ride to university of illiniois, UK gave him some game tickets to the LSU game, plus he's heard from alot of Div. 1 schools. Coach i wish you and the Engineers the best of luck in the upcoming season. i know im gonna come out and give my support.
How many Seniors will Estill have this year?
i know they was good my senior year man they could really run the ball, good luck engineers
Breathitt does have the best back in the state in my opinion. I watched Fugate play last year and was totally impressed. However, football to me is the ultimate team sport and one man cannot make or break you. He can obviously be a huge factor but cannot be the entire spectrum. My goal is to maintain possession of the ball both on the ground and through the air with about a 70/30 mix. Then, defensively we will keep it very simple so the players do not have to think alot. I don't want them thinking, I want them flying to the football and knocking snot bubbles out of our opponents.

IF WE WERE TO LIST BY IMPORTANCE THE THREE MAIN FACTORS OF FOOTBALL, THEY WOULD BE AS FOLLOWS: 1.) DEFENSE, 2.) KICKING GAME, 3.) OFFENSE. DEFENSE HAS ALWAYS AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF FOOTBALL. IF A TEAM CANNOT SCORE ON OUR DEFENSE WE WILL NOT LOSE! OUR OFFENSE'S ABILITY TO SCORE WILL BE GREATLY DEPENDENT UPON THE FIELD POSITION THE DEFENSE GIVES THEM. THEREFORE, BY CAUSING THE BIG PLAY, WE ARE PROVIDING OUR OFFENSE A TACTICAL ADVANTAGE OVER OUR OPPONENTS. THEY IN TURN MUST TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR WORK IN ORDER TO WIN THE BALL GAME.

1. TO GAIN RESPECTABILITY, WE MUST HAVE A SOUND - TOUGH DEFENSE.
2. DEFENSE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN FOOTBALL.
3. IF OPPONENTS CAN'T SCORE, WE WILL NOT LOSE.
4. FIELD POSITION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN POSSESSION OF THE BALL.
5. FOOTBALL IS A COMEDY OF ERRORS - THAT IS - ALL TEAMS ARE BOUND TO MAKE CERTAIN MISTAKES IN A GAME. COACHING IS THE ELIMINATION OF MISTAKES. CAPITALIZING ON ERRORS CALLS FOR HEADS UP AGGRESSIVE PLAY!
6. IN THE MAJORITY OF CASES, MOST TEAMS DO NOT WIN A FOOTBALL GAME, THE OTHER TEAM LOSES IT BECAUSE OF THEIR MISTAKES.

Finally, we have only a few seniors but a huge Sophomore class. However, I say again do not rule these seniors and their leadership ability out. I appreciate all of the support. GO ENGINEERS!
Mountain Warrior Wrote:We were able to get a good start on the offense and introduced the defense during spring ball. I was extremely impressed. Just because we are young, don't count us out. Young is okay when you have 6'5 305, 6'2 290, 6'0 265, as Sophomores on the line. Plus, there is a stable of backs. Best of all, these young men have a great work ethic in the weight room.

Coaching Staff:
Austin "Mo" Moore
Lynn West
Greg Thomas
Jason Babor
Justin Luttrell

I was under the impression the Thomas guy would be the Offensive Coordinator?
Coach Thomas runs his own business and did not want to take the OC position because there will be some days that he cannot be there. Plus, I put this offense together and have the most working knowledge of it, so this first year I think it is best that I run it.

Coach West will be the Special Teams coordinator and I am already impressed wtih what he brings to the table.

Coach "Mo" Moore will shadow Coach Allen as the Defensive Coordinator in waiting. He is one of the brightest, smartest, and best young coaches that I have been around. The guy has unlimited potential.

Bottom line, as a Head Coach, you are only as good as the people you surround yourself with.

All of these men believe in my philosophy of the two charter approach.

1st Charter - To make better young men out of our players both on and off the field that will in turn make them productive members of society and allow them to be successful in life.

2nd Charter - To learn that to become a champion it takes; Discipline, Determination, Hard Work year around, Teamwork, and to never settle for mediocracy. Champions to the little things great!
I have tried posting a couple of times but they have not came up. So, if they do, I appologize for the repeats. First, Coach Thomas runs his own business and felt like he would not be able to be there every day so it made more sense for me to run the offense, since I developed it and have the most working knowledge of it. Our Wing-T is not like the Deleware version, completely different terminology and schematics. We will be about a 70/30 mix on Run/Pass.

Second, we do not have a big senior class but we are loaded with Sophomores. However, I believe this senior class will be great leaders both on and off the field, which is important to me as their coach.

Finally, here is a little on my philosophy, especially towards DEFENSE, which I believe wins Championships. I agree that Fugate from Breathitt is probably the best RB in the state. In Football, one man cannot make you or break you. Yes, he can be a huge asset and be a difference maker but one man cannot beat 11 playing together. Anyway, here are some of my thoughts.

IF WE WERE TO LIST BY IMPORTANCE THE THREE MAIN FACTORS OF FOOTBALL, THEY WOULD BE AS FOLLOWS: 1.) DEFENSE, 2.) KICKING GAME, 3.) OFFENSE. DEFENSE HAS ALWAYS AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF FOOTBALL. IF A TEAM CANNOT SCORE ON OUR DEFENSE WE WILL NOT LOSE! OUR OFFENSE'S ABILITY TO SCORE WILL BE GREATLY DEPENDENT UPON THE FIELD POSITION THE DEFENSE GIVES THEM. THEREFORE, BY CAUSING THE BIG PLAY, WE ARE PROVIDING OUR OFFENSE A TACTICAL ADVANTAGE OVER OUR OPPONENTS. THEY IN TURN MUST TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR WORK IN ORDER TO WIN THE BALL GAME.

5. FOOTBALL IS A COMEDY OF ERRORS - THAT IS - ALL TEAMS ARE BOUND TO MAKE CERTAIN MISTAKES IN A GAME. COACHING IS THE ELIMINATION OF MISTAKES. CAPITALIZING ON ERRORS CALLS FOR HEADS UP AGGRESSIVE PLAY!
6. IN THE MAJORITY OF CASES, MOST TEAMS DO NOT WIN A FOOTBALL GAME, THE OTHER TEAM LOSES IT BECAUSE OF THEIR MISTAKES.
Coach Thomas runs his own business and may have to miss some practices. Plus, I put this offense together and have the most working knowledge of it so it makes sense for me to run for at least the first year. We have only a few seniors but they are strong young men with great leadership ability. Our sophomore class is the class of the future, extremely talented.

For me, DEFENSE wins CHAMPIONSHIPS. We will be a ball control 70/30 mix of Run/Pass. My job is to intense, aggressive, hard hitting defenders that swarm to the football.

IF WE WERE TO LIST BY IMPORTANCE THE THREE MAIN FACTORS OF FOOTBALL, THEY WOULD BE AS FOLLOWS: 1.) DEFENSE, 2.) KICKING GAME, 3.) OFFENSE. DEFENSE HAS ALWAYS AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF FOOTBALL. IF A TEAM CANNOT SCORE ON OUR DEFENSE WE WILL NOT LOSE! OUR OFFENSE'S ABILITY TO SCORE WILL BE GREATLY DEPENDENT UPON THE FIELD POSITION THE DEFENSE GIVES THEM.

GANG TACKLE. THE GANG TACKLE IS THE MOST DEMORALIZING MANEUVER IN FOOTBALL. WITH GANG TACKLING A TEAM WILL SOON KILL SOME OF THE INCENTIVE OF THE OPPOSING BALL CARRIER. GANG TACKLING IS A DEMONSTRATION OF DESIRE TO WIN.

Coach L
i cant wait til football starts!!!! sounds like we are gonna be pretty awesome! Go Engineers!!!!:biggrin:
has the games, times and dates been set for the upcoming season??
Estill should be a second place team this year behind Breathitt. With such a weak distric that we have with powell and magoffin being the other two teams. The first game we played Estill, we had a heck of a game. The game in the playoff game was a different story. Estill should be fine this year though. Good luck.
Here you go. Come out and support us. We will play hard for 4 quarters and leave it all on the field.

ESTILL COUNTY ENGINEER FOOTBALL
August 14 Clay County (Scimmage) Away TBA
August 21 Pikeville (Scrimmage) @knott Co. Cent TBA
August 28 Bourbon County Home 7:30
September 4 Rowan County Away 7:30
September 11 Garrard County Home 7:30
September 18 Somerset Home 7:30
September 25 Newport Away 7:30
October 2 Pineville Home 7:30
 October 9 Breathitt County Home 7:30
 October 16 Magoffin County Away 7:30
 October 23 Powell County Away 7:30
October 30 Madison Southern Away 7:30

 District Games
I feel really good about our offense and the kids picked it up very well in only a few days, very good execution.

However, like I stated, Defense wins Championships. I want Estill to me known as the hardest hitting, most aggressive team in the mountains!
Quote:Here you go. Come out and support us. We will play hard for 4 quarters and leave it all on the field.

ESTILL COUNTY ENGINEER FOOTBALL
August 14 Clay County (Scimmage) Away TBA
August 21 Pikeville (Scrimmage) @knott Co. Cent TBA
August 28 Bourbon County Home 7:30
September 4 Rowan County Away 7:30
September 11 Garrard County Home 7:30
September 18 Somerset Home 7:30
September 25 Newport Away 7:30
October 2 Pineville Home 7:30
 October 9 Breathitt County Home 7:30
 October 16 Magoffin County Away 7:30
 October 23 Powell County Away 7:30
October 30 Madison Southern Away 7:30

 District Games

Thanks Coach. like i said i cant wait til football gets here!!!!! we should have a pretty good season
Mountain Warrior Wrote:Coach Thomas runs his own business and did not want to take the OC position because there will be some days that he cannot be there. Plus, I put this offense together and have the most working knowledge of it, so this first year I think it is best that I run it.

Coach West will be the Special Teams coordinator and I am already impressed wtih what he brings to the table.

Coach "Mo" Moore will shadow Coach Allen as the Defensive Coordinator in waiting. He is one of the brightest, smartest, and best young coaches that I have been around. The guy has unlimited potential.

Bottom line, as a Head Coach, you are only as good as the people you surround yourself with.

All of these men believe in my philosophy of the two charter approach.

1st Charter - To make better young men out of our players both on and off the field that will in turn make them productive members of society and allow them to be successful in life.

2nd Charter - To learn that to become a champion it takes; Discipline, Determination, Hard Work year around, Teamwork, and to never settle for mediocracy. Champions to the little things great!

Lynn West is a great coach, and he is great for the young men of Estill County, I'm glad to see he's back at the high school.
Lynn is a great coach and person. Everyone on my staff are hard working men that care about developing young men the right way, and not the "win at any cost" method. I've always said that if you build character, integrity, selfless-service, honor, and both physical and moral courage to your players, the wins and loses will take care of themselves.

We are very simple and preach fundamentals, fundamentals, fundamentals. You can have the thickest playbook around but if you can't block and tackle, what good is it.

Coach L
estill has been really physical the last few years, wear you down with that offense, pretty good defensive team too, how will you improve on what the previous staff accomplished there with really no help from the administration.
Mountain Warrior Wrote:I have tried posting a couple of times but they have not came up. So, if they do, I appologize for the repeats. First, Coach Thomas runs his own business and felt like he would not be able to be there every day so it made more sense for me to run the offense, since I developed it and have the most working knowledge of it. Our Wing-T is not like the Deleware version, completely different terminology and schematics. We will be about a 70/30 mix on Run/Pass.

Second, we do not have a big senior class but we are loaded with Sophomores. However, I believe this senior class will be great leaders both on and off the field, which is important to me as their coach.

Finally, here is a little on my philosophy, especially towards DEFENSE, which I believe wins Championships. I agree that Fugate from Breathitt is probably the best RB in the state. In Football, one man cannot make you or break you. Yes, he can be a huge asset and be a difference maker but one man cannot beat 11 playing together. Anyway, here are some of my thoughts.

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :yawn: :yawn: :zzz: :zzz:
:worthy:
Mountain Warrior Wrote:Coach Thomas runs his own business and may have to miss some practices. Plus, I put this offense together and have the most working knowledge of it so it makes sense for me to run for at least the first year. We have only a few seniors but they are strong young men with great leadership ability. Our sophomore class is the class of the future, extremely talented.

For me, DEFENSE wins CHAMPIONSHIPS. We will be a ball control 70/30 mix of Run/Pass. My job is to intense, aggressive, hard hitting defenders that swarm to the football.

IF WE WERE TO LIST BY IMPORTANCE THE THREE MAIN FACTORS OF FOOTBALL, THEY WOULD BE AS FOLLOWS: 1.) DEFENSE, 2.) KICKING GAME, 3.) OFFENSE. DEFENSE HAS ALWAYS AND WILL ALWAYS BE THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF FOOTBALL. IF A TEAM CANNOT SCORE ON OUR DEFENSE WE WILL NOT LOSE! OUR OFFENSE'S ABILITY TO SCORE WILL BE GREATLY DEPENDENT UPON THE FIELD POSITION THE DEFENSE GIVES THEM.
:worthy: :worthy: TongueirateSho
GANG TACKLE. THE GANG TACKLE IS THE MOST DEMORALIZING MANEUVER IN FOOTBALL. WITH GANG TACKLING A TEAM WILL SOON KILL SOME OF THE INCENTIVE OF THE OPPOSING BALL CARRIER. GANG TACKLING IS A DEMONSTRATION OF DESIRE TO WIN.

Coach L
P.C. Defense, I guess I am just not up on the little figures. It looks like I may be boring you or something like that. Oh well, just stating my thoughts.
Mountain Warrior Wrote:P.C. Defense, I guess I am just not up on the little figures. It looks like I may be boring you or something like that. Oh well, just stating my thoughts.

estill has been really touch defensively and offensively, how will you improve on the the last two years, or continue the success
just wondering how you will improve what estill has accomplished the last two years.
what offensive and defensive schemes will estill be using,
Mountain Warrior Wrote:P.C. Defense, I guess I am just not up on the little figures. It looks like I may be boring you or something like that. Oh well, just stating my thoughts.
could the estill three year run over powell county be over?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5