Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell Co. Middle Baseball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know it's early but PCMS is 2 - 0. They beat Bourbon 1-0 & Estill 11-3. Good luck the rest of the year. Hazard @ Powell Wed. the 25th.
TongueirateSho
The Hazard game was canceled. The boyz are supposed to go to Madison Middle today but will probably be X'ed as well.
Powell Co. Middle defeated McNabb 5 - 0 Monday. Justin Lee pitched a very good game. Trey Marcum came in and closed it out with 3 up .. 3 down. Billy Hatmaker played superb defense. The offense hit the ball well. Keep it up Little Pirates...3 - 0. Take it to Morgan Co. today. Game Time is set for 5:30 today (Wed.) at the Clay City Park.
Morgan Co. game was canceled due to bad field conditions at Powell's Middle School field at Clay City.
Powell Middle put a whoopin on the Rowan Co. team. It was a sweep. The 7th graders won 12 - 0 & the 8th graders won 11 - 2. Great job Pirates! Good Luck today against Flemingsburg. Gametime is at 5:45 (4-3-09). I think it will be played at the Clay City Park. If not, they will be at the High School Field. 4 - 0 looks pretty good. Keep it going.
Flemingsburg game was canceled.
Powell Co. went to Likins Field and hooked up with Conkwright. Powell's 8th graders improved their record to 5 - 0 with a 12 - 1 win. Tiller hit the ball real well. Ramsey was awesome behind the plate and Lee pitched a 1 hitter. The 7th graders won in dramatic fashion with a 2 - 1 win. Having to make a tag on the runner at home that would have sent the game to extra innings. Great throw Knox and great tag Morton.
Estill Game Canceled.
Clark Middle game Canceled as well.
Billy Rose Tournament scheduled for Sat.
Powell swept the Billy Rose Classic Sat. with an 18-3 win against an undermaned Perry County team.(they only had 8 players, 2 of which, looked like they were in 4th or 5th grade).
The 2nd game was against Royal Springs out of Scott Co. Powell won that one 11 - 9. It was 11 - 4 at the start of RS last bat. RS made a nice rally but came up a little short.
Powell has improved their record to 7 - 0. Royal Springs was by far the toughest opponent they have faced.
Powell is scheduled to square off against Clark Middle this eve. at 5:15 at Home. Good Luck Pirates! Keep it going.
Well, not sure what happened with Clark Middle. It started raining and Lightning stopped the game twice. They called the game off. It was the bottom of the 3rd inning with the score in favor of Clark 4 - 1. Not sure if they have to make it up or what. It's a shame cause it quit raining about an hour later. I heard that if they have not started the 4th inning, it is not a complete game. Not sure on this though. Oh well, if this is a complete game, it would be Powell's 1st loss. If the rain don't cancel it, Powell will travel to Clark Moores today(4-14-09) at 5:30 PM.
The Clark Moores game has been canceled. 7th one this year.
Powell Middle is slated to travel to Hazard today (4-15-09). Hope this one don't get rained out.
Clark Moore game was canceled. Hazard game was canceled.
Clark Moore game was made up yesterday and Powell lost 2-1. Played without Lee, Hatmaker, & Townsend. 3 really good players. Lee & Hatmaker out for 5 more games. Townsend will be back today in the McNabb Tourney. I'd really like to see what the outcome would've been like if these 3 had played. Gametime for the McNabb Tourney will probably be at 5:00 PM in Mongomery County. Not sure if it will be at EZ Walker Park or the McNabb's school park.
Powell got swept in the McNabb Tourney. It has went south quick. Keep plugging away Powell!
Madison Middle at Powell today (4-21-09) 5:30 PM At High School Field or Clay City Field.
Madison Middle game canceled. I think they are having a makeup game today. Bourbon Middle @ Powell Co. I would guess at 5:30 today (4-22-09).
Powell Co. beat Bourbon Co. by mercy rule 12-2. Good to get back to winning. Powell hosts Mcnabb today @ 5:00 PM @ the High School Field. They have split the 2 games they have played thus far. Powell won the 1st game 5-0 & Mcnabb won the other game 3-2. Good Luck Little Pirates!
The Powell Co. Middle School Pirates shut out McNabb 8-0. They travel to Madison Middle today. Gametime is at 5:30 PM. Good Luck Boyz!!
Powell lost to Madison Middle 6-0. They hosted Estill today and won 4-1. They then loaded the bus and traveled to Clark Co. Don't have a score for that one yet. Will post it as soon as I find out.
Powell lost to Clark Middle 6-3. They host Madison Middle today (4-27-09). The High school has a game at home today. So, they will probably play down at Clay City.
Who coaches Powell's middle school program?
blitz43 Wrote:Powell lost to Clark Middle 6-3. They host Madison Middle today (4-27-09). The High school has a game at home today. So, they will probably play down at Clay City.

Correction on this game. They hosted Clark Moores. Powell beat them 11 - 1. They travel to Morgan today (4-28-09) if the weather holds off.
Bluecat Wrote:Who coaches Powell's middle school program?
Neil Johnson (Head Coach)
Tim Marcum
Eddie Crabtree
Benny Benningfield
TongueirateSho
Morgan beat Powell 7-3 yesterday. Their next game is scheduled to be at home v/s Conkwright at 5:15 PM on 4-30-09. I think the Clark Moores win put them in 3rd place.
Know Neil very well. Good baseball mind.
Bluecat Wrote:Know Neil very well. Good baseball mind.
Yes he does. Really cares about these kids. He said at their banquet Fiday, that both the 7th & 8th should make the playoffs this year. The 7th is sitting in 1st place & the 8th is sitting in 3rd in the conference.Said that since he's been there, this is the first time that has happened. They are pretty talented this year. They weren't expected to be very good this year.
TongueirateSho
The last 3 or 4 games have been postponed because of rain. Not sure how many of these can or will be made up. It's getting pretty late in the season. The playoffs will start in a week or so.
They are sitting at 13-8. Don't hold me to it though. I have 3 different schedules that I try to write their wins and losses on. Between them all, I have 13 wins and 8 losses recorded. I will find out from Neil or Tim & post it.
Good job so far Pirates! Keep it up.
Powell's next game is at Home v/s Rowan Co. @ 5:30 PM. It is 8th grade night.
Pages: 1 2