Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class "AA" 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What does it look like this year.
It's Fort Campbell's to lose once again.

I also expect Newport Central Catholic to play them again for the state championship in Bowling Green.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:It's Fort Campbell's to lose once again.

I also expect Newport Central Catholic to play them again for the state championship in Bowling Green.

How is your Blackcats looking this year??
BatCat11 Wrote:How is your Blackcats looking this year??

Young.

Numbers may be down, but I only expect 30-40 players to be on the roster. The line will be good, as this is one of the beefier lines Pburg has had in the past few years, but they are young. Big question marks surround who will receive the most carries next season as well, but I fully expect Burchett & Jamerson to have some big years offensively and McKinney to have a huge year defensively. The defense will be solid all-round.

Big question mark is depth, because if a few players go down to injury the Blackcats will be in some serious trouble.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Young.

Numbers may be down, but I only expect 30-40 players to be on the roster. The line will be good, as this is one of the beefier lines Pburg has had in the past few years, but they are young. Big question marks surround who will receive the most carries next season as well, but I fully expect Burchett & Jamerson to have some big years offensively and McKinney to have a huge year defensively. The defense will be solid all-round.

Big question mark is depth, because if a few players go down to injury the Blackcats will be in some serious trouble.

What key players are you losing from graduation
BatCat11 Wrote:What key players are you losing from graduation

RB/LB - Seth Setser
RB/DB - Allen Craynon
WR/DB - Austin Gearheart
WR/DB - Matt Sword
OL - Zach Bragg
OL/DL - Justin Trout
OL/DL - Clay Jamerson
OL/DL - Dalton Fulks
BlackcatAlum Wrote:RB/LB - Seth Setser
RB/DB - Allen Craynon
WR/DB - Austin Gearheart
WR/DB - Matt Sword
OL - Zach Bragg
OL/DL - Justin Trout
OL/DL - Clay Jamerson
OL/DL - Dalton Fulks

I see... that's a lot of experience that you are losing.. I'm sure that you will have some young guys that will step up, But i am glad to see you guys back on the schedule this year.
BatCat11 Wrote:I see... that's a lot of experience that you are losing.. I'm sure that you will have some young guys that will step up, But i am glad to see you guys back on the schedule this year.

Yeah, I love to see teams like Breathitt, Belfry, Sheldon Clark, Pikeville, and Paintsville on the schedule.

Usually always great games!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Yeah, I love to see teams like Breathitt, Belfry, Sheldon Clark, Pikeville, and Paintsville on the schedule.

Usually always great games!

Have they started spring practice yet
BatCat11 Wrote:Have they started spring practice yet

I really don't know.

I do know that Derossett has had the returning players and incoming freshman in the weight-room conditioning.
How is your incoming freshman? Who is going to turn heads?
cougarpride08 Wrote:How is your incoming freshman? Who is going to turn heads?

I didn't really get a chance to keep up with Adams A-team last. I've heard a lot about Bryson Williams though. He is a standout in every sport he plays.

He could quite possibly be the next big recruit to play for the Blackcats.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I didn't really get a chance to keep up with Adams A-team last. I've heard a lot about Bryson Williams though. He is a standout in every sport he plays.

He could quite possibly be the next big recruit to play for the Blackcats.

Agreed. Williams has the potential to be a standout at Prestonsburg. Very outstanding player.
Fort Campbell.
Fort Campbell
Fort Campbell's to lose IMO.
BBN23 Wrote:Fort Campbell's to lose IMO.

I agree.