Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LCC Spring Practice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I saw them today for about 30 minutes, but I had to leave. Had Logan throwing the football in different routes, and about 6 receivers out there running routes. On the other side I saw about 25 guys doing stant drills. They seem to be right were they left off. One of the guys told me Hilliard is calling the offense.
FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!!!! How tall is Logan? What did the reciever core appear to offer?
I think Logan is 6'3 maybe. Don't know for sure, but he is tall. As far as the recievers go they will be young, but I think they are learning fast. I at least know that they working a lot of routes which means they will be throwing the ball.
I don't care if Hillard is calling the shots on offense they are going to throw the ball a bunch because of Logan. You can't have a kid like that and just him hand the ball off. I don't think they will be that young at the receiver position with kids like Chase Adams (Senior), Nathan Maggard (Senior), McKenzie Smith (Senior) and then you have Brown and Collins that are RB's but they will be targets for Logan and they are both Seniors. That's five kids that have great hands and they have experience. Yes they do have some good kids that are going to be sophomores in Boggs, Dollarhide, and please don't forget about Drew Bentley because he's got some of the best hands on the team and all of the 10 I've mentioned have better than average hands and speed to go with it. I think this year's team can be better on offense than last years team if the linemen step up their game. I know Maggard is excited about his group and has high expectations and they can be huge with Garrett, Cornett, Hall, Blair, Hogg and the huge kid that transfered down from Jenkins I think his last name is Londo (he's a monster).
Lambert #1 Wrote:I don't care if Hillard is calling the shots on offense they are going to throw the ball a bunch because of Logan. You can't have a kid like that and just him hand the ball off. I don't think they will be that young at the receiver position with kids like Chase Adams (Senior), Nathan Maggard (Senior), McKenzie Smith (Senior) and then you have Brown and Collins that are RB's but they will be targets for Logan and they are both Seniors. That's five kids that have great hands and they have experience. Yes they do have some good kids that are going to be sophomores in Boggs, Dollarhide, and please don't forget about Drew Bentley because he's got some of the best hands on the team and all of the 10 I've mentioned have better than average hands and speed to go with it. I think this year's team can be better on offense than last years team if the linemen step up their game. I know Maggard is excited about his group and has high expectations and they can be huge with Garrett, Cornett, Hall, Blair, Hogg and the huge kid that transfered down from Jenkins I think his last name is Londo (he's a monster).
Look for a coaching change.I'm telling you all the the job has been offered to Mike Whitaker.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Look for a coaching change.I'm telling you all the the job has been offered to Mike Whitaker.

So you think they are just going to fire Hillard Howard and pick up Mike Whitaker? You can't offer a position that is not available.
Will Letcher be able to replace Charlie Banks with the new young quarter back?
The answer to your question Monkey man is "Yes". Logan Johnson will be a great one. He spent valuable time with Charlie last year, his dad is a former head Coach and he is a WINNER. logan will do some big things at LCC and at the college level as well. he can be as good as he wants to be---and he wants to be GREAT. Hillard and staff will help him reach his full potential. I remember Charlie coming in there a snotty-nosed 160 pounder. Now he is a 6'2" 220 lb MAN. Logan will take care of business- it's simple as that
Windsprint Wrote:The answer to your question Monkey man is "Yes". Logan Johnson will be a great one. He spent valuable time with Charlie last year, his dad is a former head Coach and he is a WINNER. logan will do some big things at LCC and at the college level as well. he can be as good as he wants to be---and he wants to be GREAT. Hillard and staff will help him reach his full potential. I remember Charlie coming in there a snotty-nosed 160 pounder. Now he is a 6'2" 220 lb MAN. Logan will take care of business- it's simple as that

What year is this kid? Has not done anything at high school level yet and you already have him being a star in college? It will be fun keeping an eye on this kid and your team this year.
sstack Wrote:What year is this kid? Has not done anything at high school level yet and you already have him being a star in college? It will be fun keeping an eye on this kid and your team this year.

HE IS THE MAN :worthy:
Logan will have a bunch of help.
GRIFFIN Wrote:HE IS THE MAN :worthy:

He has the potential to be the man. He hasn't done anything to be "the man" yet.
Well people just sit back and watch this kid and pay close attention because Logan Johnson is something special and the Cougar Nation get's to enjoy him for three seasons. Shoot he was good enough to start as a freshmen but we were lucky enough to have Charlie so we didn't have to throw him to the wolves. If you see Charlie around just ask him how special Logan is right now.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Look for a coaching change.I'm telling you all the the job has been offered to Mike Whitaker.

If this is true, will he come in as an assistant for one year and then be named Head Coach after that?
Oh the things I have heard from VERY GOOD SOURCES! Should be very exciting football for the next 3 years anyways...
Brooks4Prez Wrote:He has the potential to be the man. He hasn't done anything to be "the man" yet.

I agree, Logan does have the potential to be just as good as Banks. LCC should be right up there again for a District title.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Oh the things I have heard from VERY GOOD SOURCES! Should be very exciting football for the next 3 years anyways...

Well, if they're so great, spill the beans and tell us PB5...Big Grin
How many Seniors does LCC have starting for them?
Johnson starting Defense first year. Leading team in tackles and interceptions i think. I would call that doing something.
How many kids did LCC have out for spring ball?
I thought I saw 30 but I didn't count. Can anyone on the team confirm the numbers?
I watched practice some about every day. Thought they looked good I am worried about numbers though
Maybe many players are participating in Spring sports and can't make it to Spring football. Just a guess... With the recent success and being a 5A school I would think they would have more players out than 30. Who is calling the offense during the Spring with Ben gone to Pikeville? Also, just curious, does Ben teach at Pikeville now or is he finishing out the year at LCC?

Dang almost 1 month ago today.Even gave you the name.
HazzBeen Wrote:So you think they are just going to fire Hillard Howard and pick up Mike Whitaker? You can't offer a position that is not available.
:flush: :eyeroll: Confusederved:
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Oh the things I have heard from VERY GOOD SOURCES! Should be very exciting football for the next 3 years anyways...
BINGO
Jshort5 Wrote:Well, if they're so great, spill the beans and tell us PB5...Big Grin
I think the beans are now spilled.
Coach Whitaker will do good things with any QB at LCC!! JMO
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote::flush: :eyeroll: Confusederved:

:dontthink
like I said in a early thread, some of these guys know Hilliard and works with the football program. How close do you know the coach and work in the program BB?
Pages: 1 2