Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KABC East-West Charity All Star game is today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The KABC East-West SENIOR Charity All Star game is today (Saturday) at 3:15 pm over at the Transylvania gym. (Just a few blocks from Rupp Arena on North Broadway).

2 players representing each region. John Hood and Richard Phares both injured, but maybe on the benches. Jamel Riley, or Ethan Faulkner and Johnathn Ferguson may play if they lose in the semifinals.

Rosters for the Kentucky Association of Basketball Coaches East-West Senior Boys Charity All-Star Game, to be played Saturday at 3:15 p.m. at Transylvania University:

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]EAST

Coaches — Don Lane, Chris O'Hearn

9th Region — Jamel Riley, Holmes; Stephen McFarland, Boone Co. 10th — Russ Middleton, Mason Co.; Brandon Rash, Montgomery Co. 11th — Richie Phares, Scott Co.; Charles Ashford, Bryan Station. 12th — Ethan Spurlin, Lincoln Co.; Trevor Edgington, Lincoln Co. 13th — James David Strange, Pineville; Josh Crawford, Corbin. 14th — Andy Blank, Buckhorn; Aaron Charles, Lee Co. 15th — Matt Clevenger, Pikeville; Ian Welch, Johnson Central. 16th — Ethan Faulkner, Elliott Co.; Jonathan Ferguson, Elliott Co.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]West

Coaches — Jason Mays, David Henley.

1st Region — Aaron Wilson, Fulton City; Scott McKenty, Marshall Co. 2nd — Jon Hood, Madisonville; LaBryce Williams, Webster Co. 3rd — Tommy Oates, Muhlenberg North; Ty Dillingham, Muhlenberg North. 4th — Byron Ellis, Russell Co.; Tevin Barksdale, Bowling Green. 5th — Darren Ballou, Adair Co.; Jordan Hickman, Bardstown. 6th — Corey Jackson, Shawnee; Cameron Clemons, Doss. 7th — Chris Dowe, Eastern; Dayvon Sloan, Waggener; 8th — C.J. Penny, Anderson Co.; Drew Kraemer, South Oldham. [/SIZE][/COLOR](kentucky.com/)
Interesting roster. You have kids in teh final 4 that I don't see playing in this game
do they not notify the players b/c ian is still at home right now
gtowntiger Wrote:do they not notify the players b/c ian is still at home right now

interesting isn't it
Any info on this game today? Thanks!
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Any info on this game today? Thanks!

I honestly don't see how it could have happened
Stardust Wrote:I honestly don't see how it could have happened

I think this game is always held on Saturday between the semis and championship game. Of course the invitees still in the Sweet 16 competition do not play. Sometimes those losing in the semis come on over to play, but not today.

The West team won 118-114. Four - Ten minute quarters. Rotation every 5 minutes. All are invited to try out for the Kentucky All Stars. East ended up with 100% guards. West had a couple of forwards and won the game on the boards.

Actual players who competed:

[COLOR="Blue"]East Squad:

Russ Middleton - Mason Co (MVP)
Brandon Rash - Montgomery Co
Andy Blank - Buckhorn
Aaron Charles - Lee Co
Charles Ashford - Bryan Station
Ethan Spurlin - Lincoln Co
Trevor Edgington - Lincoln Co
James David Strange - Pineville
Matt Clevenger - Pikeville[/COLOR]

Rick Phares - Scott co (injured
Ethan Faulkner - Elliott Co (did not play)
Johnathan Ferguson - Elliott co (did not play)
Iam Welch - Johnson Central (did not play)
Josh Crawford - Corbin (did not play)
Stephen McFarland - Boone Co (did not play)
Jamal Riley - Holmes - (did not play)

[COLOR="Red"]WEST SQUAD:

Tevin Barkside - Bowling Green (MVP)
Tommy Oates - Muhlenberg North
Ty Dillingham - Muhlenberg North
LaBrice Williams - Webster Co
Byron Ellis - Russell Co
Darren Ballou - Adair Co
Jordan Hickman - Bardstown
Corey Jackson - Shawnee
Cameron Clemons - Doss
C.J. Penny - Anderson co
Aaron Wilson - Fulton City
Drew Kraemer - South Oldham
(I missed one or two others)[/COLOR]

Scott McKenty - Marshall co
Chris Dowe - Eastern
Dayvon Sloan - Waggner
Jon Hood - Madisonville (injured)

Picture on left of East Squad with Coaches O'Hearne and Don Lane.

Pic on right of West Squad with Coach Upchurch. Rick Phares and Jon Hood on bench also.
East didn't have as many kids participate
ARC Wrote:I think this game is always held on Saturday between the semis and championship game. Of course the invitees still in the Sweet 16 competition do not play. Sometimes those losing in the semis come on over to play, but not today.

The West team won 118-114. Four - Ten minute quarters. Rotation every 5 minutes. All are invited to try out for the Kentucky All Stars. East ended up with 100% guards. West had a couple of forwards and won the game on the boards.

Actual players who competed:

[COLOR="Blue"]East Squad:

Russ Middleton - Mason Co (MVP)
Brandon Rash - Montgomery Co
Andy Blank - Buckhorn
Aaron Charles - Lee Co
Charles Ashford - Bryan Station
Ethan Spurlin - Lincoln Co
Trevor Edgington - Lincoln Co
James David Strange - Pineville
Matt Clevenger - Pikeville[/COLOR]

Rick Phares - Scott co (injured
Ethan Faulkner - Elliott Co (did not play)
Johnathan Ferguson - Elliott co (did not play)
Iam Welch - Johnson Central (did not play)
Josh Crawford - Corbin (did not play)
Stephen McFarland - Boone Co (did not play)
Jamal Riley - Holmes - (did not play)

[COLOR="Red"]WEST SQUAD:

Tevin Barkside - Bowling Green (MVP)
Tommy Oates - Muhlenberg North
Ty Dillingham - Muhlenberg North
LaBrice Williams - Webster Co
Byron Ellis - Russell Co
Darren Ballou - Adair Co
Jordan Hickman - Bardstown
Corey Jackson - Shawnee
Cameron Clemons - Doss
C.J. Penny - Anderson co
Aaron Wilson - Fulton City
Drew Kraemer - South Oldham
(I missed one or two others)[/COLOR]

Scott McKenty - Marshall co
Chris Dowe - Eastern
Dayvon Sloan - Waggner
Jon Hood - Madisonville (injured)

Picture on left of East Squad with Coaches O'Hearne and Don Lane.

Pic on right of West Squad with Coach Upchurch. Rick Phares and Jon Hood on bench also.

The way I understand it, the KABC player of the year in each region (16 total) and 14 at-large players will be invited to the KY-IN Allstar tryouts, that is what was explained to me.
BUHoops Wrote:The way I understand it, the KABC player of the year in each region (16 total) and 14 at-large players will be invited to the KY-IN Allstar tryouts, that is what was explained to me.

You may be right, but they announced that all participants were automatically invited to the KY-IN All Star tryouts. Maybe the announcer was confused.
ARC Wrote:You may be right, but they announced that all participants were automatically invited to the KY-IN All Star tryouts. Maybe the announcer was confused.

Two of the top 3 players are not listed. The Lions Club will announce the players for Try-outs later this week. The POY's do automatically get to try-out, not the remaining.
I attended the East/West All Star game. It was very impressive to see the BEST of the BEST all together playing each other. They seemed to be very polite and well mannered young men---and to say the least, GREAT BASKETBALL PLAYERS. The KABC did a nice job honoring them at all their events.

Congratulations to all the players!!
Great game with alot of talent i think that all of the college coaches were very impressed with the players the KABC does alot of hard work to have this event i was very impressed with the event!!
How did Andy Blank play?
Andy Blank had 13 pts. on 5/7 shooting from the field. I thought he, more than, held his own. Of course, he did manage to take a charge, as well. He took two more that were not called, but one of the refs informed him that they aren't use to people taking charges in All-Star games.

Overall, the mountain players really looked good. James David Strange looked like one of the smoothest and strongest guards on the floor for either team and I thought Matt Clevenger played well, also.
I also thought the mountian players did very well Clevenger fiished with 12 points 2 3 pointers and 3 2 pointers.
Aaron Charles (14th Region - Lee co) was 2 of 4 three pointers; penetrated and scored once, penetrated and fouled once. 3 assists, 4 rebounds. Blocked one shot (and had one blocked). No turnovers (other than the blocked shot). Scored on 4 of 8 attempts.

Most of these kids could play and were good shooters.
I definitely did not mean to leave out Charles. Athletically, I thought he was as good as anyone on the floor and played a good game.

I would have really liked to have seen Josh Crawford from Corbin play. Lack of size killed the East team and I think, with Crawford, they would have won this game.