Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley's Seniors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As a supporter for Shelby Valley basketball, my heart goes out to you guys. I say this especially to their three seniors: Logan Bryant, Curby Tackett, and Devan Adams. I have watched you boys play throughout the years and become what you are today.

To Logan: You played your heart out every game and gave it all you had. I think everyone agrees with me on that. I wished that it didn’t have to end for you the way it did, but just know that you made everyone proud on what you have accomplished. Keep your head up bub, you have nothing to be ashamed of.

To Curby: You have shown me this past season just how much you loved the game of basketball. True, you didn’t start for us. But did that stop you from playing your hardest whenever you were in the game. NO! Whatever you do end up doing after this, just make sure you go at it with everything you can.

To Devan: Although I don’t know you well, I am glad you got to experience the Sweet 16. You have labored throughout the years to get to where you are today. I wished you had gotten more opportunities tonight to show the fans just how good of a ballplayer you can be. Again, I’m glad you got to play in Rupp Arena and want to thank you for the memories (and dunks).

As for the rest of the team, you played a season to remember. How many teams can brag about a 30-win season, an All A State Championship, and being ranked #1 going into the state tournament? As hurt as you guys may be at the moment, you have nothing to be ashamed of. You have made our community proud of your accomplishments. However, don’t be satisfied. I am offering Elisha, Tyler, Taylor, Ashley, Cody, and the rest of the team a challenge: Come back next year and do even better than this year. Sure, it will be tough with the loss of the seniors mentioned above. However, I know what you guys are capable of and that it depends on how much you all want to succeed. Work hard during the offseason and be ready to take care of business next season.

"If you're going to study, study hard. If you're going to work, work hard. If you're going to play, play hard. Surely good things will happen."
SV had a season that most teams only dream of. Congrats to SV and best of luck to the seniors!
These boys where great this season for Valley. I have really enjoyed watching them progress as High School basketball players.

Congrats and Good Luck!!!
Good careers you guys. All 3 of you could play college ball somewhere.
We are so proud of all of you and the leadership you have shown has been amazing:Clap:
Awesome post, the Shelby Valley seniors have nothing to hang their head about. Like you said they have a 30 win season, All A state title, and got their first state win. This was a record breaking season for SV. Logan, Curby, and Devan all had great highschool careers!
formerwildcat22 Wrote:As a supporter for Shelby Valley basketball, my heart goes out to you guys. I say this especially to their three seniors: Logan Bryant, Curby Tackett, and Devan Adams. I have watched you boys play throughout the years and become what you are today.

To Logan: You played your heart out every game and gave it all you had. I think everyone agrees with me on that. I wished that it didn’t have to end for you the way it did, but just know that you made everyone proud on what you have accomplished. Keep your head up bub, you have nothing to be ashamed of.

To Curby: You have shown me this past season just how much you loved the game of basketball. True, you didn’t start for us. But did that stop you from playing your hardest whenever you were in the game. NO! Whatever you do end up doing after this, just make sure you go at it with everything you can.

To Devan: Although I don’t know you well, I am glad you got to experience the Sweet 16. You have labored throughout the years to get to where you are today. I wished you had gotten more opportunities tonight to show the fans just how good of a ballplayer you can be. Again, I’m glad you got to play in Rupp Arena and want to thank you for the memories (and dunks).

As for the rest of the team, you played a season to remember. How many teams can brag about a 30-win season, an All A State Championship, and being ranked #1 going into the state tournament? As hurt as you guys may be at the moment, you have nothing to be ashamed of. You have made our community proud of your accomplishments. However, don’t be satisfied. I am offering Elisha, Tyler, Taylor, Ashley, Cody, and the rest of the team a challenge: Come back next year and do even better than this year. Sure, it will be tough with the loss of the seniors mentioned above. However, I know what you guys are capable of and that it depends on how much you all want to succeed. Work hard during the offseason and be ready to take care of business next season.

"If you're going to study, study hard. If you're going to work, work hard. If you're going to play, play hard. Surely good things will happen."

Great post. :Clap:
Wonderful post and you seniors gave all of Shelby Valley fans all of the excitement we could handle, any more and we would have to increas the doseage of our blood pressure pills. Seriously, the effort you displayed, directed at anything in life will give you the success you want.
Thanks Boys, 102 wins total, zero loses @ home over the last 4 years with you guys !
alleycat53 Wrote:Thanks Boys, 102 wins total, zero loses @ home over the last 4 years with you guys !

Amazing isn't it?
This senior class is a great group of kids, I have known Logan his entire life and Curby for most of his and they really are wonderful kids with huge hearts. I don't know Devan well, but he has never shown me anything to believe that he wasn't a great kid also. Thanks for the memories.
A great team. Good luck in your next ventures.
alleycat53 Wrote:Thanks Boys, 102 wins total, zero loses @ home over the last 4 years with you guys !

Wow, That's Amazing!
so what does SV have coming back besides Justice?
Stardust Wrote:so what does SV have coming back besides Justice?

Ashley Hatfield, Cody Varney, Taylor Newsome, and Tyler Newsome will be the main contributors other than Justice. Losing the size of Adams and Tackett really hurts next years Shelby Valley team.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Ashley Hatfield, Cody Varney, Taylor Newsome, and Tyler Newsome will be the main contributors other than Justice. Losing the size of Adams and Tackett really hurts next years Shelby Valley team.

Will they still be the dominant team in the 15th because of Elisha?
Stardust Wrote:Will they still be the dominant team in the 15th because of Elisha?

You are correct. The 15th is once again, Valley's to lose.
It would be interesting to start a thread on each Region. Just based on youth, I know Holmes, Scott County and GRC will lead their respective Regions again.
Stardust Wrote:It would be interesting to start a thread on each Region. Just based on youth, I know Holmes, Scott County and GRC will lead their respective Regions again.

Very True.

and formalwildcat22, couldn't have said it better:Thumbs:
To the Seniors,
Thanks for all the hard work and dedication that you have put in and the results that you have brought to us, your fans. We will always remember and admire you for what you have brought our school and community. We will miss you.
Congrats for a great season.
are any of valleys seniors planning on playing any college ball?
Awesome Post formerwildcat22! I am so proud of all of our boys! I have watched these boys grow up and have held some of them in my arms when they were just infants and I feel like they are ALL my babies! They have grown to be such wonderful, young men! God has great plans for their lives and I know without any doubt that they will ALL do great things! I will so miss Logan, Curby, and Devan! All 3 of you were so much fun to watch! I could watch you all 24/7 and never get bored! Logan, you were so incredibly quick and always hustled! Curby and Devan, you both were also great hustlers and so very strong! The 3 of you always gave 110%, even when you were sick and I thank you so much for all the hours of hard work and dedication that you gave to the team and to your fans! I will very much miss your beautiful smiles, kind hearts and warm hugs! I pray that you will all know how precious you are and how deeply you are loved by me, your fans and most of all, God! He made only 1 you and there will never be another 1 like you! Seek Him in ALL you do and in finding the passion he has given you! Spend your life for Him and the passion he has given you and you will find true happiness! I thank God for allowing me to know such fine, young men of your caliber! It has been a great honor and privilege! Work hard, stay strong, make good choices and when you look back over your life you will have little regret! Spend time with your Creator daily cause if you try to get through this life all by yourself you will fall flat on your face! Draw strength from the One who loves you more than anyone else and wants to always help you and be there for you! Just remember to ask and continue to improve on the great, young men that you already are! I love you Guys!
Justice is tough and Justice is Shelby Valley
mama cat Wrote:Awesome Post formerwildcat22! I am so proud of all of our boys! I have watched these boys grow up and have held some of them in my arms when they were just infants and I feel like they are ALL my babies! They have grown to be such wonderful, young men! God has great plans for their lives and I know without any doubt that they will ALL do great things! I will so miss Logan, Curby, and Devan! All 3 of you were so much fun to watch! I could watch you all 24/7 and never get bored! Logan, you were so incredibly quick and always hustled! Curby and Devan, you both were also great hustlers and so very strong! The 3 of you always gave 110%, even when you were sick and I thank you so much for all the hours of hard work and dedication that you gave to the team and to your fans! I will very much miss your beautiful smiles, kind hearts and warm hugs! I pray that you will all know how precious you are and how deeply you are loved by me, your fans and most of all, God! He made only 1 you and there will never be another 1 like you! Seek Him in ALL you do and in finding the passion he has given you! Spend your life for Him and the passion he has given you and you will find true happiness! I thank God for allowing me to know such fine, young men of your caliber! It has been a great honor and privilege! Work hard, stay strong, make good choices and when you look back over your life you will have little regret! Spend time with your Creator daily cause if you try to get through this life all by yourself you will fall flat on your face! Draw strength from the One who loves you more than anyone else and wants to always help you and be there for you! Just remember to ask and continue to improve on the great, young men that you already are! I love you Guys!

Very Great Post!!:Thumbs:
I do have to say, shelby valley's seniors are very good players especially curby tackett. good luck to the wildcat's next season...
The Valley seniors are wonderful! Thanks for giving all of us Shelby Valley fans great ball games to watch. Good Luck in college boys.
mama cat Wrote:Awesome Post formerwildcat22! I am so proud of all of our boys! I have watched these boys grow up and have held some of them in my arms when they were just infants and I feel like they are ALL my babies! They have grown to be such wonderful, young men! God has great plans for their lives and I know without any doubt that they will ALL do great things! I will so miss Logan, Curby, and Devan! All 3 of you were so much fun to watch! I could watch you all 24/7 and never get bored! Logan, you were so incredibly quick and always hustled! Curby and Devan, you both were also great hustlers and so very strong! The 3 of you always gave 110%, even when you were sick and I thank you so much for all the hours of hard work and dedication that you gave to the team and to your fans! I will very much miss your beautiful smiles, kind hearts and warm hugs! I pray that you will all know how precious you are and how deeply you are loved by me, your fans and most of all, God! He made only 1 you and there will never be another 1 like you! Seek Him in ALL you do and in finding the passion he has given you! Spend your life for Him and the passion he has given you and you will find true happiness! I thank God for allowing me to know such fine, young men of your caliber! It has been a great honor and privilege! Work hard, stay strong, make good choices and when you look back over your life you will have little regret! Spend time with your Creator daily cause if you try to get through this life all by yourself you will fall flat on your face! Draw strength from the One who loves you more than anyone else and wants to always help you and be there for you! Just remember to ask and continue to improve on the great, young men that you already are! I love you Guys!

Good Post!:notworthy