Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Basketball Play by Play Teams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got finished listening to the Holmes & Lex Cath game. The station I usually listen to, WSIP, wasn't carring the game so I start searching for another station that is broadcasting it. I finally find a station that is carrying the game. ( Will not mention the call letters out of respect for the station. ) The guy doing the play by play is doing a really good job, then all of a sudden his side kick starts yelling and running all over this play by play guy with silly and stupid remarks that has nothing to do with what is going on on the cort. I try to listen but this idiot is making it imposible to follow the game because he's trying to steal the spotlight from the guy that is trying his best to give a good assesment of the game that is going on. I had to finally give up and come to my office and listen to the rest of the game on my computer. I have no idea why a radio station would put up with such an overbearing know it all that absoultely brings nothing to the table as far as broadcasting. Finally got his name, Doc. Hope he dosen't do the color for a living, he'll starve to death.
I don't think he will starve ...... He is a Doctor..... Why don't you try broadcasting some time...It's not as easy as you think! We are just like players, coaches, and officials we have bad games also.:igiveup:
killerb Wrote:I don't think he will starve ...... He is a Doctor..... Why don't you try broadcasting some time...It's not as easy as you think! We are just like players, coaches, and officials we have bad games also.:igiveup:
I've done broadcasting as the color comentator on many occasions. You have to know when and where to come in and give your play by play guy plenty of room to do his thing. Not that hard at all. If you have listened to the this team do a game and if you think it is ok the way this guy runs all over his partner like he does then I doubt that you would bring anything to the play by play arena.
kyrifle Wrote:I've done broadcasting as the color comentator on many occasions. You have to know when and where to come in and give your play by play guy plenty of room to do his thing. Not that hard at all. If you have listened to the this team do a game and if you think it is ok the way this guy runs all over his partner like he does then I doubt that you would bring anything to the play by play arena.

So you used to do play by play?????

I guess used to is the operative term, because obvioulsy "Professional Courtesy" is defintely not something you value in the field. If you were in the field, you would have never made a public negative comment about a peer in the industry.
Stardust Wrote:So you used to do play by play?????

I guess used to is the operative term, because obvioulsy "Professional Courtesy" is defintely not something you value in the field. If you were in the field, you would have never made a public negative comment about a peer in the industry.

Use to, that's right. Professional Courtesy has nothing to do with it. What you need to do is try and listen to a game that he does, you can't keep up with it because he thinks he's Joe Dean Sr. That was my mistake for trying to listen anyway. JMO
You can bet I'll never try it again.
kyrifle Wrote:I've done broadcasting as the color comentator on many occasions. You have to know when and where to come in and give your play by play guy plenty of room to do his thing. Not that hard at all. If you have listened to the this team do a game and if you think it is ok the way this guy runs all over his partner like he does then I doubt that you would bring anything to the play by play arena.

I didn't say it was ok! It happens all the time some people get more excited than others...I work with these guys...we strive to do the best we can.... I f you had listened to me Thursday afternoon I will be the first to tell I struggled (for whatever reason and I apologize) and I've been doing this for 20 years It happens! Sounds like to me you know Doc and have agrudge against him.
killerb Wrote:I didn't say it was ok! It happens all the time some people get more excited than others...I work with these guys...we strive to do the best we can.... I f you had listened to me Thursday afternoon I will be the first to tell I struggled (for whatever reason and I apologize) and I've been doing this for 20 years It happens! Sounds like to me you know Doc and have agrudge against him.

If you read my opening post I gave credit to whoever was doing play by play, did an excellent job, it may have been you and if it was,you did a really good job. That dosen't change the fact that you were getting run over by your color man. I have no idea who " Doc " is and if I did I surely would want him to know what the problem, for me anyway, is. Don't mean to step on your toes but my opinion still stands.