Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Would you like to see classes in basketball just like football?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
yes.
but send the final four in each class to rupp and play the games in one week.
rupp would make so much more money:rockon:
I love the current system.
devil 10 Wrote:yes.
but send the final four in each class to rupp and play the games in one week.
rupp would make so much more money:rockon:

Have classe's and 1 champion in each class. IMO, adding more games after crowning class champs would just drag things on.
No!
No.
Absolutely not!!!
No its fine like it is...
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
No. I think that the Districts and Regions would be to spread apart.
No Way!
NO!!!!!!!!!!!
It's just fine the way it is.When you win it, you can actually say for the next year that you were the best.You don't have to follow that with (in my class.)There's only one winner and that was you.
Not unless you want end what is great fun for everybody. Could do away with the All A as it just keeps letting bigger and bigger schools in.....
No. One state champion in basketball is the best way to do it.
No, but if there were tonight then SV would STILL be out! Ha!
BlueSky Wrote:Not unless you want end what is great fun for everybody. Could do away with the All A as it just keeps letting bigger and bigger schools in.....

This all A tourney in January is just like a holiday tourney. It's not even associated with KHSAA at all. It's a good little tourney but it has no more signifiance than a holiday tourney.
No. Keep it as it is.
No, leave it alone.
kyrifle Wrote:This all A tourney in January is just like a holiday tourney. It's not even associated with KHSAA at all. It's a good little tourney but it has no more signifiance than a holiday tourney.

Better not tell that to those who win it!! LOL
Congrats SV on winning it though I respect SV's efforts this year and their players
No. There is nothing like going to lexington to watch the Sweet 16.
kyrifle Wrote:This all A tourney in January is just like a holiday tourney. It's not even associated with KHSAA at all. It's a good little tourney but it has no more signifiance than a holiday tourney.
I think it's a bit more than a holiday tournament, regional playoff then 16 teams formated like the sweet 16. Because it's not KHSAA associated doesn't mean it's not a significant tounament. Definitely keep it the way it is.
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:No. There is nothing like going to lexington to watch the Sweet 16.
You're right. I spent all day there thursday and friday from 11am til 10pm.
It's something to see everybody hustling for tickets, motels, etc. People around me were from Ohio and Indiana said they came every year. Great basketball, who doesn't love it. Only gripe is pep section tickets are too far from the court.
Great the way it is. I believe there is only one other state where any team can claim the top spot. There is nothing like the sweet sixteen.:dontthink
The sweet 16 should stay just the way it is. Eliminate the All A, or call it something else because over the years it has lost its meaning.
Leave it as it is.
Leave it like it is. Gives the smaller teams like the Elliott County's and Paintsvilles to have a shot at beating the bigger teams and schools like a Holmes. Plus it is the greatest show in hoops, and if it was changed into a class system it would ruin it all.
Why fix it if it aint broke? Leave it alone. In the original post, it said to send the top for teams out of every class to Rupp for the championship. That would be 24 teams in the state tourney. The extra games that would require a tournament like that would cut back on regular season games. So most teams wouldnt schedule a full schedule during the season if they thought they had a good chance at a run, then get beat out and have a small season. Look on the KHSAA website with the regional standings. For example, Shelby Valley had 36 games, Johnson Central had 30, Lawrence Co had 32. On the lower end of the games, Allen Central only played in 20 games. How can you only play 20 games in a season? I think if it was to go like the first post suggested, then you would see more and more teams only playing 20-25 times.
This is my fix on this. You have 4 classes. The final 4 in each class advances to the sweet sixteen. 4 champions, 4 runner ups, and 8 semi finalist advancing. It is just like wrestling. If you get top 4 you move on. I like because you still have 16 teams going to the finals, and you have 4 class championships. Just a question, how many classes does Ohio, Tennessee, and Virgina have? Those are our border states.
No.
I love it the way it is!
Pages: 1 2