Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike Co. Central 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
How will they be this year?
I think they will be better than they have been in the past with Chapman leading the Hawks.
I see around a 3-8 or a 4-7 season. Chapman needs sometime to implant his new offense and defense schemes.
I think alot of people are going to be surprised, alot of talent and a great coach
Real Badman Wrote:I see around a 3-8 or a 4-7 season. Chapman needs sometime to implant his new offense and defense schemes.

I agree with this, they will need a couple of years if that, i think next year they will atleast have a .500 season.
i would wager to say alot better than .500
from what i have seen there going to have to get a few more athletes before they can compete and win more games and maybe Chapmen will have an affect on the kids and get a lot of people out to play.
What is his overall record as a head coach? I think many of you are wishing but his success is due to Mike Holcomb than Holcombs success is from Chapman. Mike has always won, with or without Chapman.
firechief Wrote:What is his overall record as a head coach? I think many of you are wishing but his success is due to Mike Holcomb than Holcombs success is from Chapman. Mike has always won, with or without Chapman.

yes but i think you all be disappionted with what he will do this year and next year at Pike Central.
i think they will have a rough couple of seasons at first. he does haave to build this program from the ground up ya know.
theres no rebiulding for the simple fact coach Mac ran the spread offense too....this team is huge and fast...there the same team eccept E>J WR...the running game attack will be different from last year...coach Mac didn't run like he was suppose to, to win...he lacked the play calling side of coaching...allot of good coaches lack the part of play calling....they lack the instinct or somthing...from what i've seen in spring practice the tackles are 6'7 apiece guards are 6'2 and the center is 5'11...thats sweet...the defense is the same as last year but stronger, smarter, faster....the only thing lacking is field goal kicker havn't seen anything there yet....running back is a return from last year and he's huge and fast good smart runner (Cody Meade)Sr....coach Mac didn't use him at alll ???? Aaron Mcguire knows the offense...12 seniors, 11 jrs...come out and watch these boys play they'll be aff the hook...GOOD FOOTBALL to watch...GOHAWKSGO...
Recznik Wrote:theres no rebiulding for the simple fact coach Mac ran the spread offense too....this team is huge and fast...there the same team eccept E>J WR...the running game attack will be different from last year...coach Mac didn't run like he was suppose to, to win...he lacked the play calling side of coaching...allot of good coaches lack the part of play calling....they lack the instinct or somthing...from what i've seen in spring practice the tackles are 6'7 apiece guards are 6'2 and the center is 5'11...thats sweet...the defense is the same as last year but stronger, smarter, faster....the only thing lacking is field goal kicker havn't seen anything there yet....running back is a return from last year and he's huge and fast good smart runner (Cody Meade)Sr....coach Mac didn't use him at alll ???? Aaron Mcguire knows the offense...12 seniors, 11 jrs...come out and watch these boys play they'll be aff the hook...GOOD FOOTBALL to watch...GOHAWKSGO...

Ok..

1) Coach Mac ran a compleatly diffrent spread offense then what Coach Chapman will run.

2) It dont matter how tall your Offensive Lineman are if they cant stick on a block. Running and Passing wise.

3) Defensivly? Iv heard of a compleatly new system being put in.

4) PCC has some good athletes to win some ball games but when crunch time comea around are they going to make plays?

5) Cody Meade...Last time I checked he was the starter.

6) Aaron Knows the Mac spread...Not the Chapman spread. Theres no way he can learn the whole offense in less then 10 practices.
firechief Wrote:What is his overall record as a head coach? I think many of you are wishing but his success is due to Mike Holcomb than Holcombs success is from Chapman. Mike has always won, with or without Chapman.

Chapman joined around 95 and that is when they started winning state championships.
I think at the best they will go 5-6. But I am going to about 3-7.
all I have to say to all the doubters is wait and see, I think alot of people are going to be very surprised with this team
4-7 at best
Real Badman Wrote:Ok..

1) Coach Mac ran a compleatly diffrent spread offense then what Coach Chapman will run.

2) It dont matter how tall your Offensive Lineman are if they cant stick on a block. Running and Passing wise.

3) Defensivly? Iv heard of a compleatly new system being put in.

4) PCC has some good athletes to win some ball games but when crunch time comea around are they going to make plays?

5) Cody Meade...Last time I checked he was the starter.

6) Aaron Knows the Mac spread...Not the Chapman spread. Theres no way he can learn the whole offense in less then 10 practices.

How will they be this year? Thats the question....All I can do is tell you what I see at practices right now, and give some insite on comparing last yrs. team and other teams to this yrs. team...But you act like your dilling with sombody that doesn't no the game..I coached football at the middle school level in Scott Co. for 4 yrs. the boys that are 10,11th and 12th grade at Scott Co. right now, went 10-2 this yr....so take chill pill sit back and relax and watch the PC HAWKS have the best record ever in PC history and be in contention for a regional championship...:popcorn: :eyeroll:
i'm anxious to see how many of the 4-7, 5-6 posters will wanting to jump on the bandwagon half way through the season:popcorn: :popcorn:
vette72 Wrote:i'm anxious to see how many of the 4-7, 5-6 posters will wanting to jump on the bandwagon half way through the season:popcorn: :popcorn:

Yea its going to be great and I'm going to be in the front row of every game...Just like last yr...All though PC did start out last yr..4-0 after Hazard game it just went down hill..I believe it was a lack of leadership no seniors...and lot of bad calles from coaching staff...like 4th and 2, 3min. togo in game, on the opp. 40 and the call was a pass play.???? Why not run the ball?:HitWall:
i agree
should have had at least 2 more wins, Paintsville, Tolsia
vette72 Wrote:should have had at least 2 more wins, Paintsville, Tolsia

Yes I agree...Hey sent you a PM....:Thumbs:
Recznik Wrote:How will they be this year? Thats the question....All I can do is tell you what I see at practices right now, and give some insite on comparing last yrs. team and other teams to this yrs. team...But you act like your dilling with sombody that doesn't no the game..I coached football at the middle school level in Scott Co. for 4 yrs. the boys that are 10,11th and 12th grade at Scott Co. right now, went 10-2 this yr....so take chill pill sit back and relax and watch the PC HAWKS have the best record ever in PC history and be in contention for a regional championship...:popcorn: :eyeroll:

Im sorry if you think I was questioning your knowlage or coaching ability. All I was doing was making a few points too your previous post. Coaching Scott Co Middle School is diffrent situation then coaching Pike County Central High School. I commend you on your apparent coaching ability. But in all honestly there is no way you can expect me to believe PCC will be a regional contender.
Last year from what i heard and saw, they needed a running game. Passing 30-40 times a game isn't going to cut it around here. Cause from what I saw the qb is a true pocket passer, and he isn't really fast enough to throw on the run. He might get better I don't know.. I've lost touch with PC football. But I do think that some games could have been better for them if he would have been a little more patient, and if they could have ran the ball better.
i look for Chapman to stick to the spread offense but limit the passing and make it more of an option offense they have the spead but it will all depend on how well their line imroves during the offseason. The option can only be succesful if your guards are able to pull.
IMO they'll do just fine this year. With losses to Sheldon Clark and Belfry
i wouldn't count those two as losses just yet
I wouldnt either but Central will have to be playing real good to beat Belfry.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:Last year from what i heard and saw, they needed a running game. Passing 30-40 times a game isn't going to cut it around here. Cause from what I saw the qb is a true pocket passer, and he isn't really fast enough to throw on the run. He might get better I don't know.. I've lost touch with PC football. But I do think that some games could have been better for them if he would have been a little more patient, and if they could have ran the ball better.

I agree.......
Run the ball atleast half of the time helps your offense be unpredictable
Hopefully a solid season.
Pages: 1 2 3 4