Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Richard Phares of Scott Co.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rob Bromley reported that Richard Phares was going to walk-on at Louisville next year. COngrats to him and good luck recovering from your knee injury!! If this has already been posted, I am sorry, I must have missed it. Thanks!! :Thumbs:
Wow, I thought Richie would have had another D1 offer somewhere
Good luck to him.
I'd like to hear his actual scholarship offers.
I wonder how many offers were pulled after he tore his ACL in the regional semifinal game against Lafayette.

Great kid, wish him the best, true Scott County product, lived in Georgetown his entire life. Best true post player in the state this year.
One of the SC assistant coaches said that UofL promised Phares 3 years of scholarship if he walked on his first year. He also stated Rick P. said that Phares would be on scholarship next year if a second Cardinal went pro.
I coach a JR pro team and he was at a practice
Richie had offers from Marshall and other small D1 schools but decides to rest for 4 years and watch the action
rojas Wrote:One of the SC assistant coaches said that UofL promised Phares 3 years of scholarship if he walked on his first year. He also stated Rick P. said that Phares would be on scholarship next year if a second Cardinal went pro.

That's not what I was told. Phares had offers from Wofford and Duquense and Georgetown, KY. Here's hoping he can fight back from the ACL tear which occurred eerily similar to Jon Vanhoose who committed to Evansville but couldn't quite get all the way back.

UL is stockepiled with 4 and 5 star kids coming in. I expect them to land Josh Smith from the 2010 class who is the #1 overall player for the post.
BUHoops Wrote:That's not what I was told.

So,,,, your saying the Scott County coaching staff is misinformed about the Phares/Louisville situation?
Congrats Richard & Good Luck as a Card.