Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Offensive this year.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is your teams running this year? What is your preference?
Pike Central plays a spead offense, I my self like the smash mouth run offense like the wing-T....
I think we are going to do that a lot. With Logan Johnson being our quarterback I think we might mix and match. Don't know yet until spring practice.
Recznik Wrote:Pike Central plays a spead offense, I my self like the smash mouth run offense like the wing-T....

You cant win games with the smash mouth offense anymore...............
i know, right? Wrote:You cant win games with the smash mouth offense anymore...............

Tell that to Belfry and Johnson Central.
i know, right? Wrote:You cant win games with the smash mouth offense anymore...............

Man, where have you been....name the last team to win a state championship with a wide open spread offense. You can't win championships with the spread offense.:HitWall:
I thought Bell Co ran smash mouth with a twist? Smile
Smash mouth football not only wins games, it wins CHAMPIONSHIPS

Your right and I'll tell you why, Coach Mckee fromm Scott Co. a great coach wins conf. championships year after year but can't do nothin in regions...Because he doesn't pass enough, Scott Co. allways lacks that pass offense...But I fill that you need a good TE in a offense in which a spread offense lacks.
:popcorn:
The spread is effective if you have the athletes available to run it...however, in EKY we aren't really blessed with amazing talent that is demanded in D-1 (a few exceptions). Clock control is key to winning games and keeping up with the teams from up North.

The offense that my team will run this season, the Belly.
Breathitt will be running the Rick Rod offense as they did last year. But Jade will have a 100% hamstring and be a running threat.
cougarpride08 Wrote:I thought Bell Co ran smash mouth with a twist? Smile

We were blessed with a talented QB, however our base offense was 3 backs. Bone and belly. This is not to say never throw the ball, but most of the spread offense is throw first.
Recznik Wrote:Your right and I'll tell you why, Coach Mckee fromm Scott Co. a great coach wins conf. championships year after year but can't do nothin in regions...Because he doesn't pass enough, Scott Co. allways lacks that pass offense...But I fill that you need a good TE in a offense in which a spread offense lacks.

Exactly, a smash mouth offense with a good passing attack will do good but nobody wants to pass it because 3 things can happen when you pass and 2 of them are bad a incompletion or an interception.
The quarterback will change at the line if he sees something. You can still pass on the power I and smash mouth.
I'm not sure what the technical definition of a "spread offense" is so I'm not sure if Highlands offense is considered by folks as spread or not. Our qb is in the gun and had either one or two backs there with him. We almost never go with double tight ends, generally just one, with the other tight end split out. Is that considered the spread offense?
cougarpride08 Wrote:The quarterback will change at the line if he sees something. You can still pass on the power I and smash mouth.

When you pass out of the power I (which I consider to mean a full back, tailback and wingback all in the backfield), how many receivers do you send out in the typical passing play?
Defense wins championships!!! you can run whatever you like on offense!
King Leonidas Wrote:Defense wins championships!!! you can run whatever you like on offense!

EXACTLY!!:1:
Recznik Wrote:Your right and I'll tell you why, Coach Mckee fromm Scott Co. a great coach wins conf. championships year after year but can't do nothin in regions...Because he doesn't pass enough, Scott Co. allways lacks that pass offense...But I fill that you need a good TE in a offense in which a spread offense lacks.

This reminds me of Pikeville's offense last year. They had Baker one of the top recievers in the State and they never threw bc the smash mouth offense where didnt get them anywhere
I heard Harlan County is going to the wing-t this year..anybody close to the progrem know anything about this?
Double wing, double wide in fact. Most of the kids in the county know the wing- T.
Yogibear Wrote:Double wing, double wide in fact. Most of the kids in the county know the wing- T.

sounds like a good fit for the kids.:Thumbs:
I like the wing T a lot!
Exciting to watch!
i know, right? Wrote:I like the wing T a lot!
Exciting to watch!

Yes, it's thrilling.
Mama Bear Wrote:Yes, it's thrilling.

It's always fun and exciting and with a good passing attack and a good running back it makes it so much fun to run and watch!
I see alot of Teams running the Spread next year.