Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Curious Next Coach At East Ridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who will be the next coach at East Ridge?
Ashley Melvin(JV coach) or Denise Campbell will return.
As I said on another thread, it will be obvious which politician had this done when the new coach is named. Somebody's son or daughter needed a job and the board member or superintendent needed to pay a favor. Suspicious this happens after a hard-fought school board race. But, Mr. Wagner has to keep three votes to keep his job, so who can blame him for selling out old friends in order to save his own hide. Hopefully, it will be someone who knows something about basketball, because they will follow in the shoes of the winningest coach in the history of the 15th Region, a record he is likely to hold for a long time now that Phillip Wireman and Robin Newsome have both retired. Good luck, Mr. Wagner and JC, you are going to need it to help explain this blatant political move.
Pike Co politics never cease to amaze me. I have been hearing talk of this since before the election.
Bobby Spears had political support but just didn't win ball games. The only reason he won so many ball games is because he coached so many years. He had tons of talent just like at ER and couldn't get the job done. The game pasted him by years ago.
Just A Fan 1 Wrote:Who will be the next coach at East Ridge?

Maybe Roger W., J.C. and Kevin J. will do the coaching next season.:lmao:
faith:
you have criticized this man to death. do you think you were a perfect player when you played. remember that i was at shelby valley when you were there. i also saw you miss two freethrows in the championship of the 8th grade tournament that would have won the game after time had expired. you only want to criticize every coach that is brought up in these threads. you even referred to coach watson as a horrible coach. is that because you could not play for him, he would not give you a scholarship. i guess that made him a horrible coach. i know lots of other things because i was there when you were. was mr. napier the only coach who could ever coach. according to you, he was. is that because he let you run the team or what. don't throw stones at all these other coaches until you straighten your past up. yes, they all make mistakes, but so do we all. i wish i had the supposed knowledge that you have, maybe i'd become a great coach like you think you are. come on, we are both from sv but sometimes i think i'd rather be from somewhere else. everybody is tired of you bringing up the same old subject over and over. looks like you would lighten up on everyone, this is just a past time for most people, you make it your lifelong job to criticize everyone. looks like you would have had enough ridicule the other night when you jumped in on the j r vanhoose deal. give it up faith. lets talk about positive things or simply opinions, don't hound us to death with your obcession.
Which way was it, Faith? You contradict yourself. If he was asked to resign by the principal, then he obviously didn't have political support. Get your story straight! And, by the way, how many years have you coached and how many games have you won? Is your name in the KHSAA record books? Bobby's is as one of the top winners in the history of Kentucky high school girls' basketball. Remember, opinions die, the record lives forever!
Power can get you hired but if you do not produce it cannot keep you there. By the way I hope that Watson would not give me a scholorship unless I wouldbe Jawanaman.
LuvSV Wrote:faith:
you have criticized this man to death. do you think you were a perfect player when you played. remember that i was at shelby valley when you were there. i also saw you miss two freethrows in the championship of the 8th grade tournament that would have won the game after time had expired. you only want to criticize every coach that is brought up in these threads. you even referred to coach watson as a horrible coach. is that because you could not play for him, he would not give you a scholarship. i guess that made him a horrible coach. i know lots of other things because i was there when you were. was mr. napier the only coach who could ever coach. according to you, he was. is that because he let you run the team or what. don't throw stones at all these other coaches until you straighten your past up. yes, they all make mistakes, but so do we all. i wish i had the supposed knowledge that you have, maybe i'd become a great coach like you think you are. come on, we are both from sv but sometimes i think i'd rather be from somewhere else. everybody is tired of you bringing up the same old subject over and over. looks like you would lighten up on everyone, this is just a past time for most people, you make it your lifelong job to criticize everyone. looks like you would have had enough ridicule the other night when you jumped in on the j r vanhoose deal. give it up faith. lets talk about positive things or simply opinions, don't hound us to death with your obcession.

Your way off, but that was a good guess.
I think if East Ridge wants to win they will bring back the one that cares most about the team and that is Spears and JR. How can you "build" a team that changes coaches with ever political race? Congratulations Spears for all the love you have shown to sports through the years. I respect a winner and that you are!!!
Wasn't East Ridge rather young this year? How many seniors did they have? You can't fault the guy for not winning with a young team especially in the district that he was in.
defense_123 Wrote:Wasn't East Ridge rather young this year? How many seniors did they have? You can't fault the guy for not winning with a young team especially in the district that he was in.

Denise Campbell
East Ridge was young, no seniors and was in a very tough district. The girls let a lot of games slip through their fingers in the 4th quarter too.
They didnt have any seniors I dont believe.
It will be official soon. Deniese Campbell will be the coach.
Faith Wrote:It will be official soon. Deniese Campbell will be the coach.

How soon?
Faith Wrote:It will be official soon. Deniese Campbell will be the coach.

So...Campbell will be the coach for sure?
faith; Same As Someone Having All knowledge, you seem to always have a handle on everything about to happen. either you know someone at the board or just make a lot of stuff up. but, now i do know who you are and we were at svhs at the same time. you played on that team that beat allen central right before the regional tournament over at allen central and then took the worst beating in our schools history in the regional tournament by allen central. but that is ok, you got to play for your hero, napier.
how do you know who is going to be the coach over at east ridge?
also faith;
i forgot to say i hope you are right because when denise was coach at east ridge, coach spears went to east ridge and won the district.
I wish I was that young. BUt I am glad I am a man.
She is the only qualified person that has applied.
Faith Wrote:She is the only qualified person that has applied.

The job has been posted less than a week, give it some time. By the way, she's the only person that has applied so far. There will be more coaches, more qualified to apply, just wait and see.
Who do you have in mind? Maybe someone from Shelby Valley?
Faith Wrote:Who do you have in mind? Maybe someone from Shelby Valley?

It does not matter where they are from, as long as they can get the job done. Not a JV Coach or a Coach that hasn't coached in years.
hootie applied last time and so did this johnny shortridge. i think hootie will apply again as he would like to be a head coach.
Well I herd parents and players talking of two very different cnadidates. Not that any of them will have a say on who gets it but seems they lean towards Mackie Gibson and Donovan Little. IMO Both of which would be easly controlled by know it all parents. However if they are going in house Gibson does have experience coaching the ER girls team and would probably have an easy transition and be able to take the pressures that are obviously associated with that job. As for Little, he has proven to be a very good jv coach as of the late home games i watched this season and young coaches are usually really competetive and eager to prove themselves. Personally on the 2, I think Gibson would not have the time or energy to control that young a team and program even if the parents could talk him into taking it. As for Little, he only has two years coaching experience, none actually running a program, and its no mystery why the girls are wanting him to do it, probably not a good idea for a young unmarried teacher, considering whats happened up there already. But thats what I heard and my oppinion on it. All I know is wouldnt want the job or the job of hiring for the job cuase if you get it you have to deal with the same parents Bobby did, and If you don't hire one those parents like you wont have enough players left for a game of horseshoes.
Donavon is a good guy. I don't know if he is ready, but I think that he would work hard at it. It is hard to coach girls. It is not the same as coaching boys basketball. Actually it is a completely different game.

Let me stop any rumors of me trying to get this job. I love basektball, but my love for my wife and family is much greater. I truely think that East Ridge should be one of the best teams in the mountains year in and year out. THey have always had talent. I wish them the best, and hope that they can bring in someone that can turn that program around.
hootie: i don't think anyone could turn that program around at east ridge. (too much politics) by now, everyone knows what happened up there. j c chaney sacrificed spears for himself. no one could work under those conditions. all the high school girls cried their eyes out, but it did not matter. i have friends up there who told me all about it.
I was at East Ridge helping Brad out today and I seen Cambell talking and taking a tour of the building with principal Kevin Justice. I would think this is a done deal IMO.