Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK tonite vs. UNLV... NIT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What happens if we lose? How does that make us look on the national stage?
Well losing in the first round of the NIT, probably wont help us any. But if we win, then maybe it will take some heat off us. Prolly not tho.
I think the people who is picking UK to loose are the fans who are upset that we are not in the big dance.
Are we having a ''Update'' thread on this game???
MisterPerfect Wrote:Are we having a ''Update'' thread on this game???

Is there a need? It will be televised on ESPN.

If an update thread is needed, somebody say so.
Amun-Ra Wrote:What happens if we lose? How does that make us look on the national stage?

I say that it really will not make us look any better or worse unless we somehow win it.
Well, on what channel can I watch this game?
MisterPerfect Wrote:Well, on what channel can I watch this game?

ESPN
ComfortEagle Wrote:ESPN

OK Thank You, CE
We're starting to pick it up!
cards_athlete Wrote:We're starting to pick it up!

I agree the players look like they are actually wanting to play this is a good sign for next year. Also the fans are really into it:rockon:
its about time these kids saw some enthusiasm from the fans
Its really cool watching them in Memorial. I think UK should make it an annual tradition to play at least one game a year.
Memorial Coliseum is a great atmosphere.
FBALL Wrote:Its really cool watching them in Memorial. I think UK should make it an annual tradition to play at least one game a year.

Agreed!!!
FBALL Wrote:Its really cool watching them in Memorial. I think UK should make it an annual tradition to play at least one game a year.
Fantastic idea! I completely agree!
devilhorns05 Wrote:I agree the players look like they are actually wanting to play this is a good sign for next year. Also the fans are really into it:rockon:
I really love that Miller plays with heart game in and game out. It seems like the whole team is starting to play with some enthusiasm tonight!

Was thinkng the same thing, seems as if they play better there lol
NICE finish to that half!!!!!!!!!!
Thats the way to finish a half!
OMG! Patterson's dunk made my house go crazy!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Was thinkng the same thing, seems as if they play better there lol

I don't know if its that they play better there but if you have ever been in there and played in there it is awsome. Its a great shooting gym with the dark backgrounds and as you can hear it gets very loud.

Great atmosphere. Beats the crap out of Rupp Arena.
FBALL Wrote:I don't know if its that they play better there but if you have ever been in there and played in there it is awsome. Its a great shooting gym with the dark backgrounds and as you can hear it gets very loud.

I also think they should play one game a year in their but dont start dissing on Rupp now:dontthink :biggrin:
FBALL Wrote:I don't know if its that they play better there but if you have ever been in there and played in there it is awsome. Its a great shooting gym with the dark backgrounds and as you can hear it gets very loud.

lol i know i was just messing around...However, I have been there and love the set up they have there. IMO when they build the new gym (if it happenes) it just resemble Memorial but bigger.
Cat's looked very good. Thing that concerns me is how poorly UNLV shot. Be prepared for a "Cat" Fight if UNLV starts finding their shot in the 2nd. I was very impressed on how Galloway and Miller slowed the Point down for UNLV. PP looks awesome on the boards
devilhorns05 Wrote:I also think they should play one game a year in their but dont start dissing on Rupp now:dontthink :biggrin:

Sorry but I have never liked the place. Sure its big but its not that great of a place to watch a game. Its the atmosphere and the sit on your hands fans around the lower level.

The loudest I ever heard it was against LSU in Pitino's first year and then against Kansas in Pitino's second year. People were going nuts because they were just happy UK was playing after the dark years. I think Everyone appreciated the program and just how hard it is to stay on that top level a whole lot more then. Now we have become a spoiled fanbase that likes to cry about everything that is not a National championship.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:lol i know i was just messing around...However, I have been there and love the set up they have there. IMO when they build the new gym (if it happenes) it just resemble Memorial but bigger.

Amen brother.
Stardust Wrote:Cat's looked very good. Thing that concerns me is how poorly UNLV shot. Be prepared for a "Cat" Fight if UNLV starts finding their shot in the 2nd. I was very impressed on how Galloway and Miller slowed the Point down for UNLV. PP looks awesome on the boards

Thats a good point but UNLV is not a very good shooting team. That has been their weakness all year. If UK can handle the press and keep the turnovers down they should move on.

After watching the first half I still say Porter is the man at the point for UK. The half court offense runs much better with him at the controls.
FBALL Wrote:Sorry but I have never liked the place. Sure its big but its not that great of a place to watch a game. Its the atmosphere and the sit on your hands fans around the lower level.

The loudest I ever heard it was against LSU in Pitino's first year and then against Kansas in Pitino's second year. People were going nuts because they were just happy UK was playing after the dark years. I think Everyone appreciated the program and just how hard it is to stay on that top level a whole lot more then. Now we have become a spoiled fanbase that likes to cry about everything that is not a National championship.

I see what you mean but I do like rupp arena mainly because of its size and alot of wins have taken place there.
Cats are finally looking like they want to play the game of basketball.
Pages: 1 2