Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky Basketball 09/10?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What do you honestly expect out of next seasons Kentucky team?

Projected Starting Line-up
F- Perry Stevenson
F- Patrick Patterson
F- Ramon Harris
G- Jodie Meeks
G- Michael Porter

Seniors
Perry Stevenson
Ramon Harris
*Jodie Meeks
Michael Porter
Kevin Galloway

Juniors
*Patrick Patterson
AJ Stewart
Josh Harrellson
Matt Pilgrim

Sophomores
Darius Miller
DeAndre Liggins
Landon Slone
Donald Williams

Freshman
Daniel Orton
Jon Hood
GJ Vilarino

*Not sure about returning just yet.
Honestly???????????? I believe they will be a contender next year and have just as good as any ones shot at winning it all. Next years team can be great if we get Eric Bledsoe who I have heard about only good things about him.
devilhorns05 Wrote:Honestly???????????? I believe they will be a contender next year and have just as good as any ones shot at winning it all. Next years team can be great if we get Eric Bledsoe who I have heard about only good things about him.

Honestly, you can not make an educated guess at this time because there are too many unknowns at this time. Let's wait to see who returns, what freshmen come in, who is coaching, and the schedule.
I would say if Orton comes in healthy, he'll be starting. He's a stud.
Ill go with...

PG- GJ Vilarino (unless someone else commits)
SG- Meeks
SF- Harris
PF- Patterson
C- Orton

24 wins
Liggins
Meeks
Miller
Pilgrim
PP
6th man = Hood
UK = Top 15 team
Next year and the year after that are the years for Billy G to prove his worth.

It should look like this next year-
C-Daniel Orton/Matt Pilgrim
PF-Patterson
SF-Ramon Harris/Darrius Miller
SG-Jodie Meeks
PG-Could be nebody?

We will make a run in the tourny!
You all may disagree with me, but I thought the cats looked pretty good in the last few games when Darrius Miller was at PG
Aslan Wrote:Liggins
Meeks
Miller
Pilgrim
PP
6th man = Hood
UK = Top 15 team

Orton, Stevenson, and Harris would all be the 6th man before Hood.
You guys know Gillispie.. Just because they are stud doesn't mean they are going to play. You know hes not gonna start a freshman. The same ole' bunch will start again next year, with weird substitution patterns the whole time.
Porter will not be the PG, and i think miller will step up next season a take his spot!
stonesteven Wrote:Porter will not be the PG, and i think miller will step up next season a take his spot!

Miller is a 3 not a Point Guard, so I don't see that happening. I will say that it will be Miller at the 3, and Harris sitting.
Starting Line-up.

PG-Valerino
SG-Jodie Meeks
SF-Darius Miller
PF-Orton
C-Patterson
My lineup would be
1.Valerino or Bledsoe (if he commits), Ligginns(I really dont know what this guys problem is, alot of talent wasted if he leaves)
2. Jodie Meeks(if he stays)
3.Darius Miller(If harris is starting over him then I will dislike Gillispie)
4. Patterson or Pilgrim with the other playing center.
5. Patterson(if Pilgrim is forward) Orton(if orton is center Patterson will be forward)

Bench
Hood, Harrellson, Harris, Porter(should move to 2g if we get Bledsoe in my opinion, he shouldnt even touch the point postion next year).There are others coming off the bench but those have a good shot at stating.
UK's starting lineup for 2009/2010

PG: DJ Valerino
SG: Jodie Meeks(hopefully)
SF: Darius Miller
PF: Matthew Pilgrim
C: Patrick Patterson

First 3 off the bench: Harris, Orton(Orton or Patrick will need a break at some point), Hood.
PC_You_Know Wrote:UK's starting lineup for 2009/2010

SG: Jodie Meeks(hopefully)
PF: Matthew Pilgrim
C: Patrick Patterson

First 3 off the bench: Harris, Orton(Orton or Patrick will need a break at some point), Hood.

Orton will more than likely be in the starting lineup. That alone, was more than likely one of the main reasons that Daniel chose Kentucky. Also, I don't see Vilarino starting over Porter just yet.
I have said all along that the UK team next year will be a NC contender if Meeks and Patterson comes back. Patterson will be able to do even more with Orton in the game at the same time. Another year of experience for Meeks Miller adding even more to each game. Hood providing good minutes off the bench. Pilgrim, Stevenson will also be huge. This team has everything needed except a true point guard. Get that taken care of and this team can be a special one.
I dont see UK being a contender unless they get more scores!
Meeks and Paterson cant do it all
PC_You_Know Wrote:Orton, Stevenson, and Harris would all be the 6th man before Hood.

Hood is going to make a huge impact next year. He's one of the few shooters UK has.
Aslan Wrote:Hood is going to make a huge impact next year. He's one of the few shooters UK has.

:wtf1:what about micheal porter :lmao: miller will be next year
Liggins, PG
Meeks, SG
Miller, 3
Patterson, PF
Orton, C

Bench:

Pilgrim
Hood
Galloway
Harris
Porter and villarino
Harrellson
Stevenson
be fine as long as BCG is there.
SG: Jodie Meeks
PF: Patrick Patterson
C: Daniel Orton
BlackcatAlum Wrote:What do you honestly expect out of next seasons Kentucky team?

Projected Starting Line-up
F- Perry Stevenson
F- Patrick Patterson
F- Ramon Harris
G- Jodie Meeks
G- Michael Porter

Seniors
Perry Stevenson
Ramon Harris
*Jodie Meeks
Michael Porter
Kevin Galloway

Juniors
*Patrick Patterson
AJ Stewart
Josh Harrellson
Matt Pilgrim

Sophomores
Darius Miller
DeAndre Liggins
Landon Slone
Donald Williams

Freshman
Daniel Orton
Jon Hood
GJ Vilarino

*Not sure about returning just yet.

If Porter returns as our starting PG we will be lucky to make the NIT. Billy G had better have a good PG coming in or we are in the same shape and with NO improvement.
Zulu I don't think he should start tonight.
vilarino
meeks
miller or pigrim
patterson
orton

backups
porter,galloway,liggins
hood
stevens
harrellson
So porter is horrible this year and yet he starts next year....lol here is the reason why BILLY G cant recruit or coach one or the other....
G-GJ Vilarino
G-Jodie Meeks
G-Darius Miller
F-Patrick Patterson
C-Daniel Orton
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Orton will more than likely be in the starting lineup. That alone, was more than likely one of the main reasons that Daniel chose Kentucky. Also, I don't see Vilarino starting over Porter just yet.

Matt Pilgrim is a PROVEN college player, I say he starts over Orton, Orton may make his way into the lineup if Patterson is still there, if Patterson is gone, of course Orton starts.
how big is pilgrim? cause i would think BCG would rather have PP at the 4 and orton at the 5 but who knows what he wants sometimes right? i'd put pilgrim at the 3 personally.
Pages: 1 2