Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Elliott Co. favorite according to LIT. Ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/khs/blog.html

The final Litkenhous Ratings of the year are out for boys' basketball, and they favor Elliott County to take this week's title at the National City Sweet 16 at Rupp Arena.

Here are the rankings for the 16 teams that qualified for the State Tournament. Overall state rankings are in parentheses:

Elliott County (No. 2) 95.0
Eastern (No. 3) 93.1
Mason County (No. 6) 92.3
Holmes (No. 7) 91.7
Shelby Valley (No. 9) 89.7
Lexington Catholic (No. 10) 89.7
Corbin (No. 11) 87.9
Christian County (No. 16) 84.4
Anderson County (No. 20) 82.2
Adair County 81.1
Hazard 78.7
Bowling Green 78.6
Grayson County 77.2
West Jessamine 76.1
Central 74.1
Graves County 71.0
Very interesting... thanks for posting!
Pretty good poll as well. I think any of the top 9 could beat each other on a given night with a couple of the lower teams included as well.
Its anyones tournament in my opinion.
Thanks for the info.
The LIT ratings are a joke. They were good for only one thing and that was to set the field for the Louisville Invitational Tournament, which I have heard will no longer use those ratings to do its seeding, as well as the fact that no state teams would agree to come next year.
EasternAlum Wrote:The LIT ratings are a joke. They were good for only one thing and that was to set the field for the Louisville Invitational Tournament, which I have heard will no longer use those ratings to do its seeding, as well as the fact that no state teams would agree to come next year.

LIT ratings look much better than Cantral. He is way off tarket. LIT looks good except they have Shelby Valley rated a little high. I would move down to about 8 or 9 and and it looks right on. Good job LIT.
zulu Wrote:LIT ratings look much better than Cantral. He is way off tarket. LIT looks good except they have Shelby Valley rated a little high. I would move down to about 8 or 9 and and it looks right on. Good job LIT.
I agree with you. I really thought the LIT rankings looked great the year they had Whitesburg ranked above Letcher Co. Central and had Neon at the bottom of the three. I dont think a computer can rank teams. The person who writes the program for it can make any team look good or any team look bad.
Now this one looks more realistic.
About right
zulu Wrote:LIT ratings look much better than Cantral. He is way off tarket. LIT looks good except they have Shelby Valley rated a little high. I would move down to about 8 or 9 and and it looks right on. Good job LIT.

Agreed :Thumbs:

EasternA. is mad cause Eastern isn't first. :HitWall:
SolidOxygen Wrote:Agreed :Thumbs:

Heck with all the rankings, its time to play ball and settle it on the court!!!!!!!!!:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
^ I agree, Let's get it on!
SolidOxygen Wrote:Agreed :Thumbs:

I don't think Eastern A is too concerned about being 1st on paper. The rankings mean zip, zero, natta..... But come to play, because if the rankings mean anything, it's a sure bet they will be wrong....
Stardust Wrote:I don't think Eastern A is too concerned about being 1st on paper. The rankings mean zip, zero, natta..... But come to play, because if the rankings mean anything, it's a sure bet they will be wrong....

Agree