Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley gets No. 1 nod in Sweet Sixteen.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://fieldsnotes.bloginky.com/2009/03/...t-sixteen/

Here’s how Cantrall rates the Sweet Sixteen:
1. Shelby Valley (30-4)
2. Mason County (24-6)
3. Eastern (30-2)
4. Corbin (29-3)
5. Elliott County (30-2)
6. Lexington Catholic (25-7)
7. Holmes (32-2)
8. Christian County (21-6)
9. Adair County (26-7)
10. Anderson County (24-5)
11. Hazard (26-8)
12. Grayson County (25-6)
13. Central (16-14)
14. Bowling Green (26-6)
15. West Jessamine (26-8)
16. Graves County (23-9)
This list looks great.
wow from the looks of it the #1 & 2 teams are meeting up in the 1st round
that list is terrible mike fields is terrible here are the real rankings:
1. Louisville Eastern
2. Holmes
3. Elliott County
4. Lexington Catholic
5. Mason County
6. Grayson County
7. Christian County
8. Anderson County
9. Shelby Valley
10. Hazard
11. Adair Co
12. Corbin
13. Bowling Green
14. West Jessamine
15. Graves Co
16. Louisville Central
if u look then u'll notice that its cantrell's ratings
Warriors23RJ Wrote:http://fieldsnotes.bloginky.com/2009/03/...t-sixteen/

1. Shelby Valley (30-4)
2. Mason County (24-6)
3. Eastern (30-2)
4. Corbin (29-3)
5. Elliott County (30-2)
7. Holmes (32-2)
9. Adair County (26-7)
11. Hazard (26-8)
13. Central (16-14)
14. Bowling Green (26-6)
16. Graves County (23-9)

Not trying to step on anyones toes here, but this list is rediculous.

Shelby Valley at #1? Just don't agree...and where in the heck did Mason Co. come from to be at #2? I'll take Eastern, Corbin, Lex Cath, Elliott, and Holmes over Mason.

Holmes at #7? I know they had a low scoring and hard fought postseason so far, and haven't been what they were earlier in the year but they're still better than half the teams ranked above them in this.

This is how I see it:
1. Eastern
2. Holmes
3. Elliott County
4. Shelby Valley
5. Lexington Catholic
6. Corbin
7. Mason County
8. Anderson County
9. Christian County
10. Central
11. Hazard
12. West Jessamine
13. Bowling Green
14. Adair County
15. Graves Co.
16. Grayson Co.
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:wow from the looks of it the #1 & 2 teams are meeting up in the 1st round

Even teams #3 and #4 are playing in the 1st Rd. as well!! Gonna be some great games!! Can't wait till Wednesday!!
Norm Stewert Wrote:that list is terrible mike fields is terrible here are the real rankings:
1. Louisville Eastern
2. Holmes
3. Elliott County
4. Lexington Catholic
5. Mason County
6. Grayson County
7. Christian County
8. Anderson County
9. Shelby Valley
10. Hazard
11. Adair Co
12. Corbin
13. Bowling Green
14. West Jessamine
15. Graves Co
16. Louisville Central

lol Shelby Valley at #9 noway
EasternAlum Wrote:Not trying to step on anyones toes here, but this list is rediculous.

Shelby Valley at #1? Just don't agree...and where in the heck did Mason Co. come from to be at #2? I'll take Eastern, Corbin, Lex Cath, Elliott, and Holmes over Mason.

Holmes at #7? I know they had a low scoring and hard fought postseason so far, and haven't been what they were earlier in the year but they're still better than half the teams ranked above them in this.

This is how I see it:
1. Eastern
2. Holmes
3. Elliott County
4. Shelby Valley
5. Lexington Catholic
6. Corbin
7. Mason County
8. Anderson County
9. Christian County
10. Central
11. Hazard
12. West Jessamine
13. Bowling Green
14. Adair County
15. Graves Co.
16. Grayson Co.

I agree EA, 100%. I agreed with your list in the other thread and I still stand by it.
Norm Stewert Wrote:that list is terrible mike fields is terrible here are the real rankings:
1. Louisville Eastern
2. Holmes
3. Elliott County
4. Lexington Catholic
5. Mason County
6. Grayson County
7. Christian County
8. Anderson County
9. Shelby Valley
10. Hazard
11. Adair Co
12. Corbin
13. Bowling Green
14. West Jessamine
15. Graves Co
16. Louisville Central

you're dumb to think valley to be 9... typical ec fan
Eastern should be over Holmes due to the way that Holmes has played of late. But, even though Holmes has won some very low scoring, non impressive games, Holmes has won. They are healthy, and this team is loaded with talent. I'm hard pressed to not beleive they are in the finals for the 2nd year in a row.

The debate over EC & SV I'll leave to those who know these teams best from the EKY area. But based on paper, and seeing how EC almost pulled the game out against SV in their match-up, I still believe EC is a better team. I'll take their resume, but they did lose to SV, so I can understand the argument for SV being ranked ahead of EC.

Lexington Catholic is an interesting team that has jumped out as a favorite due to their win over Scott Co. But their win was over a Scott Co. team without their top player. I think that Vee Sanford (potentail Mr. BBall), is a great player, one that cold put this team on his back, I don't think the will be in the semi's.

There are teams in this tournament that people don't know that should be no surprise. Anderson and Adair are very legit teams that just may find themselves in the final four. It is a stretch to think that Anderson could beat EC, but Anderson is a very good team. To know that they only lost to EC by 4, in Sandy Hook is enough to tell me that on a neutral court, they can win. Adair is a very interesting team also. 6-7 Darren Ballou has been plauged by foul trouble in each of Adair's losses. He is a very difficult matchup problem for any team. They have two winnable games before they would meet Eastern. If Ballou, the Morehead State signee stays out of foul trouble, I could see the match being an interesting one for them and Eastern.
Stardust Wrote:Eastern should be over Holmes due to the way that Holmes has played of late. But, even though Holmes has won some very low scoring, non impressive games, Holmes has won. They are healthy, and this team is loaded with talent. I'm hard pressed to not beleive they are in the finals for the 2nd year in a row.

The debate over EC & SV I'll leave to those who know these teams best from the EKY area. But based on paper, and seeing how EC almost pulled the game out against SV in their match-up, I still believe EC is a better team. I'll take their resume, but they did lose to SV, so I can understand the argument for SV being ranked ahead of EC.

Lexington Catholic is an interesting team that has jumped out as a favorite due to their win over Scott Co. But their win was over a Scott Co. team without their top player. I think that Vee Sanford (potentail Mr. BBall), is a great player, one that cold put this team on his back, I don't think the will be in the semi's.

There are teams in this tournament that people don't know that should be no surprise. Anderson and Adair are very legit teams that just may find themselves in the final four. It is a stretch to think that Anderson could beat EC, but Anderson is a very good team. To know that they only lost to EC by 4, in Sandy Hook is enough to tell me that on a neutral court, they can win. Adair is a very interesting team also. 6-7 Darren Ballou has been plauged by foul trouble in each of Adair's losses. He is a very difficult matchup problem for any team. They have two winnable games before they would meet Eastern. If Ballou, the Morehead State signee stays out of foul trouble, I could see the match being an interesting one for them and Eastern.

I have witnessed both teams and I agree with this. Elliott was the better team then, and still are. Valley could easily beat the Lions again if they were to play, though.

As for Vee Sanford, I think he will be the most exciting player to watch at Rupp this year.
Okay, Valley at # 1 is not the really the best choice but they are hardly down as far as 9. That is crazy, I think that Valley is top 3. With Eatern, Elliot, Valley, Holmes and Mason all of which can be changed up. It is going to be an awesome tourney and I wish the mounatin boys the best of luck.
EasternAlum Wrote:Not trying to step on anyones toes here, but this list is rediculous.

This is how I see it:
1. Eastern
2. Holmes
3. Elliott County
4. Shelby Valley
5. Lexington Catholic
6. Corbin
7. Mason County
8. Anderson County
9. Christian County
10. Central
11. Hazard
12. West Jessamine
13. Bowling Green
14. Adair County
15. Graves Co.
16. Grayson Co.
I like this one.

This is how I see it:
1. Eastern
2. Holmes
3. Elliott County
4. Shelby Valley
5. Lexington Catholic
6. Corbin
7. Mason County
8. Anderson County
9. Christian County
10. Central
11. Hazard
12. West Jessamine
13. Bowling Green
14. Adair County
15. Graves Co.
16. Grayson Co.

Switch Shelby Valley and Elliott Co. and that is exactly my list.
Here is the way it is: No one needs to question the Zulu.

1. Eastern
2. Holmes
3. Lex Cath
4. Corbin
5. Mason Co
6. Elliott Co
7. Central
8. Hazard
9. Shelby Valley
10. Adair Co
11. Anderson Co
12. Bowling Green
13. Christian Co
14. West Jessamine
15. Graves Co
16. Grayson Co.
I think we already had a "Rank the Sweet 16" Thread.
1. Louisville Eastern
2. Holmes
3. Elliott County
4. Lexington Catholic
5. Mason County
6. Grayson County
7. Christian County
8. Anderson County
9. Shelby Valley
10. Hazard
11. Adair Co
12. Corbin
13. Bowling Green
14. West Jessamine
15. Graves Co
16. Louisville Central

I see three MAJOR problems with your list. Probably the most difficult one to figure out is your ranking Grayson Co. #6, I don't see where that comes from. And SV and Corbin are both several spots too low.

Your list gets very little credibility points.
More Cowbell Wrote:I see three MAJOR problems with your list. Probably the most difficult one to figure out is your ranking Grayson Co. #6, I don't see where that comes from. And SV and Corbin are both several spots too low.

Your list gets very little credibility points.

Central at the bottom is a little questionable too. Ridge Wilson, Tim Patterson and Alex Morrison will be a handful for anyone.

This is how I see it:
1. Eastern
2. Holmes
3. Elliott County
4. Shelby Valley
5. Lexington Catholic
6. Corbin
7. Mason County
8. Anderson County
9. Christian County
10. Central
11. Hazard
12. West Jessamine
13. Bowling Green
14. Adair County
15. Graves Co.
16. Grayson Co.
I'll go with your list just switch #3 and #4 but Norm's list is way out of line SV # 9 no way.:dontthink
Stardust Wrote:Eastern should be over Holmes due to the way that Holmes has played of late. But, even though Holmes has won some very low scoring, non impressive games, Holmes has won. They are healthy, and this team is loaded with talent. I'm hard pressed to not beleive they are in the finals for the 2nd year in a row.

EC and Anderson didn't play in Sandy Hook. They played at Montgomery Co. in the Ky Preps Classic.
I'll Bet Lexington-herald Papers Are Going Really Cheap In Alot Of Towns Today.we All Know These Rankings Don't Mean Much Now....a Week From Today, I Would Love To See This Exact List In The Paper.go Valley.....keep It Alive.
Warriors23RJ Wrote:http://fieldsnotes.bloginky.com/2009/03/...t-sixteen/

1. Shelby Valley (30-4)
2. Mason County (24-6)
3. Eastern (30-2)
4. Corbin (29-3)
5. Elliott County (30-2)
7. Holmes (32-2)
9. Adair County (26-7)
11. Hazard (26-8)
13. Central (16-14)
14. Bowling Green (26-6)
16. Graves County (23-9)

I am surprised that Mason County got a higher rank than Elliot County or Eastern.
I'm suprised that Valley gets the nod after playing only one ranked team! And that game wasn't scheduled, just a tourney game.
If Valley is not 1 then they are two or three because they are really good. Elliot should be the next spot behind them with either a three ot four. You will find out when a mountain team wins the state title.
letthebighogroot Wrote:I'm suprised that Valley gets the nod after playing only one ranked team! And that game wasn't scheduled, just a tourney game.

I think the state is about to see how good Valley really is. They will not be playing the 15th region teams this week. I still say Mason wins easily. Justice will actually have people that can guard him Thursday evening. It will be interesting to see how he reacts.
zulu Wrote:I think the state is about to see how good Valley really is. They will not be playing the 15th region teams this week. I still say Mason wins easily. Justice will actually have people that can guard him Thursday evening. It will be interesting to see how he reacts.

So the Faulkner twins weren't able to guard him, nice, I like hearing that from someone who constantly tries to start trouble with Valley.
I hope this is true! How awesome it would be for a moutain team to win this whole thing! Let's go CATS!!! :Thumbs:
PC_You_Know Wrote:So the Faulkner twins weren't able to guard him, nice, I like hearing that from someone who constantly tries to start trouble with Valley.

I guess only SV fans are allowed to post on here??????? Why is it if someone who is non-biased gets on here and post you always say i'm trying to start trouble?????? I'm just posting the way I see it. I'll stop just to satisfy you MR. PC DONT KNOW. I'll wait until after Thursday's game to post. I'm sure we will not here anything else out of you after SV gets killed by Mason.:rockon:
zulu Wrote:I guess only SV fans are allowed to post on here??????? Why is it if someone who is non-biased gets on here and post you always say i'm trying to start trouble?????? I'm just posting the way I see it. I'll stop just to satisfy you MR. PC DONT KNOW. I'll wait until after Thursday's game to post. I'm sure we will not here anything else out of you after SV gets killed by Mason.:rockon:

Actually you will "HEAR" more from me win or lose because Elisha will still be "HERE" to put it all over your team next year too.
Pages: 1 2