Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 48 Shelby Valley 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Belfry led the game 21-7 at the half. SV scores in the 3rd to make it 21-14, Belfry scores 27 unanswered points to make it 48 -14. SV scores final TD against Belfry JV late in the 4th.....48-20

#1 seed Belfry will host #4 seed Cawood next week in Round one of the Class AA Playoffs.
Nice win for Belfry. Congrats once again.
Belfry wins the District 8 Championship with a perfect 6-0 record.
Way to go Pirates. Congrats.
Congratulations to the Pirates on another district title.
I witnessed some very good tackles, hits and blocks from the Pirates tonight, not all, but mostly. Dustin May had a huge defensive game tonight. Belfry looked sluggish at times. It took the whole dang team to get Shelby Valley's #40 to the ground....what a hoss!!!

We had a couple starters not playing due to some injuries and stuff.

Belfry completed some big passes tonight, my favorite being the TD pass from Phillips to Chapman in the back corner of the endzone.

Good game from both teams.

Let's go Belfry...let the playoff's begin!!!:Cheerlead
Good game tonight during the 1st quarter I thought I might have to walk home. :bike: Congrats to the Pirates. Now let start the playoffs.:Cheerlead
Congrats Belfry!
Good Game Belfry... Minimal mistakes, but overall traditional "Belfry" football
belfry overcame some very sloppy play early, but looked good at times, still appears that tackling is our main weakness. hopefully haywood will have his boys fired up for thier playoff run. shelby valley has some great players and i wish them the best of luck next week, will #21 and #40 be back next year or are they graduating this year, those boys are gamers.
Congratulations Pirates. Sounds like the Wildcats came out and played hard tonight despite their loss.
nice win
Hats off to Shelby Valley for what seems to be a good effort, good luck to both teams in the playoffs.
rock on pirates i'm rootin for ya
# 21, John Boy McPeek will not be back next year, this is his last year of eligibility, however # 40, John Johnson will be back next year as he will be a senior.
kyfootballfan Wrote:# 21, John Boy McPeek will not be back next year, this is his last year of eligibility, however # 40, John Johnson will be back next year as he will be a senior.

thanks for the info, the johnson kid is a brute:wieghts:
Did anyone else notice #18 Gerald "G" Epling last night. This kid is maybe 5'7, 160 pds and he plays like he is the biggest,baddest kid on the field. All season, this kid has been out there blocking other kids twice his size, making interceptions and has pretty decent speed. Its a David/Goliath thing that Haywood instills in all of his players.
Thats what makes Belfry the "Pond Creek Nation"!!!!!
SV surprised me alot tonight in the the first half and they showed they have the talent to compete with Belfry but I don't understand this team its like they only want to play in the 1st half, and that's not going to cut it against any team. #40 Johnson is a tank and they should have gave him the ball even more. And I thought hell they should let him play QB because SV's QB Tyler Johnson is terrible, 3 or 4 interceptions and bunch of sacks, what is this guy doing in there. And he's been this way all year, and let's remember another good SV running back #47 Zack Mullins was out for the year so he could have made a difference. And why didn't they give the ball to #2 Larry May more than 3 times????? Him and Mcpeek are the most talented players on the team. Great game by Mcpeek, Coach Hampton needs to play a different QB if he wants to even have a small chance against Leslie next week.
And by the way #40 John Johnson is already a D-1 prospect and he's only a Junior but supposed to be a senior but that don't matter I guess. And he will be a force during basketball season too this year, watch out.
The Chosen 1 Wrote:And by the way #40 John Johnson is already a D-1 prospect and he's only a Junior but supposed to be a senior but that don't matter I guess. And he will be a force during basketball season too this year, watch out.

What D-1 schools has he heard from?
Pirate Pal Wrote:What D-1 schools has he heard from?

I was told Tennesse and Alabama.
out of this world Wrote:I was told Tennesse and Alabama.

if thats the case that is awesome, he was a great player, i wish him the best of luck.
chapman and maynard had a good game tonight.. chapman with nearly 200 yards rushing 3 tds,, and maynard had 3ints 1 return and 3tds he also had a kick return for more than eighty yards
out of this world Wrote:I was told Tennesse and Alabama.

That's great. I love it when a mountain boy gets a chance to play at the college level!
Johnson told me Purdue also has been sending him some letters, but what's sad is he says he doesn't want to play football in college, he says he just wants to play baseball in college. I hope he changes his mind because he needs to realize he's a better football player.
The Chosen 1 Wrote:Johnson told me Purdue also has been sending him some letters, but what's sad is he says he doesn't want to play football in college, he says he just wants to play baseball in college. I hope he changes his mind because he needs to realize he's a better football player.

well ive never seen him play baseball, but hes built to be a football player