Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Former WWE star "Test" has died - Cause of Death now known
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Andrew "Test" Martin was 33 years old and only 4 days away from his 34th birthday.

The Tampa Police Department Issued the following:

At approximately 8:00pm on Friday, March 13, 2009, Tampa Police Officers responded to the Post Harbour Apartments, located at 725 Harbour Place Drive to check on the welfare of Mr. Andrew J. Martin. A neighbor reported that she could see into his apartment through a window and that Mr. Martin appeared motionless for several hours.

Officers entered the apartment and discovered Mr. Martin to be deceased. At this time there is no indication of foul play. The deceased was transported to the Medical Examiners Office for an autopsy to determine the cause of death. The date of the autopsy is undetermined at this time. The next of kin has been notified of the death.

Andrew "Test" Martin is a former wrestling champion with the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment).

Lieutenant William Ferguson

Tampa Police Department
Oh wow. I really hope this was not another drug related death. My heart goes out to his family.
Prolly a heart attack. All them years of steriods took it's toll on him.
Agreed!! Terrible to see someone so young pass away. I would say it is a heart related death and will all be traced back to the side-effects of anabolic steroids.
IRISH4 Wrote:Agreed!! Terrible to see someone so young pass away. I would say it is a heart related death and will all be traced back to the side-effects of anabolic steroids.

Seconding this.
I have to agree... seeing way too much of this lately!
You all are jumping to conclusions a little too fast. No one knows or will know until the autopsy results come back, until then, dont judge the man, no one knows what happened, leave it at that.
Never said it was the case, but when someone that young and in great shape passes something is up. There has been numerous deaths of wrestlers in recent years that are all linked to steriods, sad but true.
Sad to hear he died at such a young age.
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:You all are jumping to conclusions a little too fast. No one knows or will know until the autopsy results come back, until then, dont judge the man, no one knows what happened, leave it at that.

IRISH4 Wrote:Never said it was the case, but when someone that young and in great shape passes something is up. There has been numerous deaths of wrestlers in recent years that are all linked to steriods, sad but true.

I agree with you both, but you probably can admit the first thing that you thought of when you read the thread was some type of abuse. Test had failed and been suspended multiple times for alcohol and recreational drugs. I had never heard if he had tested in one of WWE's steroid tests, but WWE has always been ight lipped about that. Bottom line, to young to die.

God bless his family.
Was my first thought indeed.>Hope I am wrong..But I would bet on it!
If I am not mistaken, he was at TNA, but I don't know if he was still a member there. Our prayers is with the family.
Shocking!
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:You all are jumping to conclusions a little too fast. No one knows or will know until the autopsy results come back, until then, dont judge the man, no one knows what happened, leave it at that.

We all have the right to our opinions and we can say what we THINK it was... I honestly believe it's related to steroids in some way, but I hope I am wrong. It saddens me everytime something like this happens, and makes me wonder if the WWF, WWE, WCW, etc. are happy for what they have encouraged.
Have a little respect for someone who just died please. Wait until the report comes back. At least give him that much.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Have a little respect for someone who just died please. Wait until the report comes back. At least give him that much.

I have a little respect for him, that's why I said IMO...

People can judge and think whatever they want, and I shall do the same. If you don't like it then I suggest you don't watch the news or any television, and you probably shouldn't have any kind of conversation with anyone either.
IMO I just don't like it when people disrespects the dead.
cougarpride08 Wrote:IMO I just don't like it when people disrespects the dead.

I get where you are coming from. For me, I actually felt guilty because the very first thing that I thought of was this is drug related. Though I don't completely disagree with Afternoon_Delight, I do think that there is a tendencie that everytime we hear about a youthful athlete (under 40) dieing or having other physical ailments, the first thing that pops into our mind is drugs were involved. I agree with you, we need to wait to see what the results show, but it is all professional sports (sorry A_D, I don't think this is just a Pro Wresling promoted epidemic). We already know that professional baseball did nothing, and likely quietly promoted the use of steroids. When Merriman was tested possitive, he made a comment that 50% of the NFL at minimum is or has used steroids. The NFL, the organization with the most comperehensive testing of all sports. So, I have never been one to resign to the fact that this is just a wrestling epidemic. Their statistics are staggering, but only because steroids has only been discovered after death. It is not the steroids causing death! It's the the recreational drugs that are killing the wrestlers, not the steroids.
Stardust Wrote:I get where you are coming from. For me, I actually felt guilty because the very first thing that I thought of was this is drug related. Though I don't completely disagree with Afternoon_Delight, I do think that there is a tendencie that everytime we hear about a youthful athlete (under 40) dieing or having other physical ailments, the first thing that pops into our mind is drugs were involved. I agree with you, we need to wait to see what the results show, but it is all professional sports (sorry A_D, I don't think this is just a Pro Wresling promoted epidemic). We already know that professional baseball did nothing, and likely quietly promoted the use of steroids. When Merriman was tested possitive, he made a comment that 50% of the NFL at minimum is or has used steroids. The NFL, the organization with the most comperehensive testing of all sports. So, I have never been one to resign to the fact that this is just a wrestling epidemic. Their statistics are staggering, but only because steroids has only been discovered after death. It is not the steroids causing death! It's the the recreational drugs that are killing the wrestlers, not the steroids.

I know it's more than just wrestling it's just about every sport. But I disagree in your statement that steroids aren't killing wrestlers because IMO it is the steroids because they do take a toll on your body. Yes it includes a combination of recreational drugs as well but steroids cause a major part of it and damage the body to begin with. To say that steroids don't kill is pretty ridiculous.
its sad that test died i liked it when he was in T & A him Prince Albert with Trish Stratus as there manager they were awesome he was good a wrestler he will truely be missed
Stardust Wrote:I get where you are coming from. For me, I actually felt guilty because the very first thing that I thought of was this is drug related. Though I don't completely disagree with Afternoon_Delight, I do think that there is a tendencie that everytime we hear about a youthful athlete (under 40) dieing or having other physical ailments, the first thing that pops into our mind is drugs were involved. I agree with you, we need to wait to see what the results show, but it is all professional sports (sorry A_D, I don't think this is just a Pro Wresling promoted epidemic). We already know that professional baseball did nothing, and likely quietly promoted the use of steroids. When Merriman was tested possitive, he made a comment that 50% of the NFL at minimum is or has used steroids. The NFL, the organization with the most comperehensive testing of all sports. So, I have never been one to resign to the fact that this is just a wrestling epidemic. Their statistics are staggering, but only because steroids has only been discovered after death. It is not the steroids causing death! It's the the recreational drugs that are killing the wrestlers, not the steroids.

Thanks Stardust, I agree with you on that.
Afternoon_Delight Wrote:I know it's more than just wrestling it's just about every sport. But I disagree in your statement that steroids aren't killing wrestlers because IMO it is the steroids because they do take a toll on your body. Yes it includes a combination of recreational drugs as well but steroids cause a major part of it and damage the body to begin with. To say that steroids don't kill is pretty ridiculous.

Contributor - Yes, but show me one Wrestler death cause by Steroids. You can't. Again, I think your point is well taken, but Steorids combined with drugs and a relentless schedule, working injured, are all key contributors.
Imagine if you were a wrestler working hard, and done it clean, but you suddenly died. You wouldn't want someone to automatically think you were taken steroids.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Imagine if you were a wrestler working hard, and done it clean, but you suddenly died. You wouldn't want someone to automatically think you were taken steroids.

agreed :Thumbs:
cougarpride08 Wrote:Imagine if you were a wrestler working hard, and done it clean, but you suddenly died. You wouldn't want someone to automatically think you were taken steroids.
that is very, very true. I'm not even sure to Test is, but I do know that you can just look tell the steroid abusing wrestlers apart from non-users. It's just impossible to get that huge and ripped without them in a short period of time.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:that is very, very true. I'm not even sure to Test is, but I do know that you can just look tell the steroid abusing wrestlers apart from non-users. It's just impossible to get that huge and ripped without them in a short period of time.

Unfortunately, you are exactly right. My son showed me a Freshman football player he knows "my Space". This kid is ripped to shreds. What's my first thought??? Juice, thinking there is no way possible a kid looks like that as a 14-15 year-old. That's not fair, but it's an unfortunate fact of perception.
I just hope when the autopsy comes back we will now for sure.
thetribe Wrote:Oh wow. I really hope this was not another drug related death. My heart goes out to his family.
i agree.
Afternoon_Delight Wrote:We all have the right to our opinions and we can say what we THINK it was... I honestly believe it's related to steroids in some way, but I hope I am wrong. It saddens me everytime something like this happens, and makes me wonder if the WWF, WWE, WCW, etc. are happy for what they have encouraged.

The cause of death has been announced as an accidental overdose on the painkiller Oxycodone (OxyContin).

He had just completed a drug rehab program that was paid for by the WWE.

The WWE is being proactive to try and stop these kinds of problems, they have issued several statements that ANY former or current WWE star can go to rehab and it will be completely paid for by the WWE.
What a shame. Oxycontin is a dangerous drug. There were problems in many of NKY HS's a few years ago.
Pages: 1 2