Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sweet 16 - Round 2: Henderson Co. 64- Ohio Co. 36
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Henderson won its sixth straight and is making its fourth trip to the semifinals, but the Colonels have never advanced past there. Olivia Fruit finished with 18 points and eight rebounds. Ariel Barnes added 15 points and seven assists and Alyse Poindexter had yet another double-double with 13 points and 10 boards.

Murray State signee Mariah Robinson had 13 of the Eagles’ first 17 points and finished with 17 points.
I got it wrong but Henderson County has a heck of a team.
Congrats HC
Congrats Henderson Co.!
3/13/2009
Henderson Co. 64
Ohio Co. 36

Henderson Co. 21 13 24 6 64

Ohio Co. 11 6 15 4 36

Sweet 16 at WKU
Quarterfinals
Henderson Co. (24-5) -- Barnes 15, Norman 11, O.Fruit 18, Langley 2, Dixon 5, Poindexter 13.
Ohio Co. (26-6) -- Robinson 17, Henderson 6, Wood 2, M.Griffin 4, K.Griffin 5, Raley 2.
Henderson defeats Ohio Co. easily
The Associated Press • March 14, 2009

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. - Olivia Fruit scored 18 points to lead four players in double figures as Henderson County defeated Ohio County 64-36 in the quarterfinals of the Kentucky girls' Sweet 16 state basketball tournament Friday.

Henderson County will play Elizabethtown in today's semifinals.

"It's a great win for us," Henderson County head coach Jeff Haile said. "So I think we're getting better. We've played the last two ball games really well, and I thought we played really well tonight."

Ariel Barnes added 15 for the Lady Colonels (24-5), who took advantage of an early offensive onslaught to build a double-digit lead. Henderson County led 21-11 after the first quarter and 37-17 at halftime.

The Lady Eagles (26-6) opened the third quarter with a 7-0 run to close the gap to 34-24, but baskets down the stretch in the quarter, including three 3-pointers by Fruit, pushed the Henderson County lead and essentially sealed the win early in the half.

"We know we came in and worked hard, and we've been playing defense well," Fruit said. "And, I mean, if we work hard, anything can happen."

Alyse Poindexter had 13 points and 10 rebounds, and Krista Norman scored 11 points for Henderson County.

Mariah Robinson scored 17, the only player in double figures for Ohio County.

The final margin was the largest in the tourney so far.