Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Next Johnson Central Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Now that one of the most successful coaches in Eastern Kentucky girls basketball history, Phillip Wireman, has rode off into the sunset, who do you predict will become the coach that will lead the Lady Eagles. I'll put in my two cents worth later.
Whoever it is has big shoes to fill....
allseasonfan Wrote:Whoever it is has big shoes to fill....

Very true! Wireman was great at JC.:notworthy
Whoever it is will have to work very hard to get to Coach Wireman level.
I agree JC has been a power house in the 15th region for many years, that says a lot about the coaching staff, so the next person will have big shoes to fill but hopefully Wireman can have a say in it. Also I've learned from experience, especially this year, that coming in a new coaching system can be ruff and rocky at first so i think a bug part of their success will be how they respond to him and how quickly they buy into the program, so good luck next year JC and congrats Wireman on an awesome coaching career
Johnson Central will not be the only 15th region team that will be looking for a new new head girls basketball coach.
Rumor is Rice has already been offered the job......
Now What Wrote:Rumor is Rice has already been offered the job......

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD HE LEAVE SCHS AFTER SUCH A SUCCESSFUL SEASON AND SEVERAL TOO COME ABOUT???

HE WOULD BE CRAZY.:HitWall:
oldfoggie13 Wrote:WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD HE LEAVE SCHS AFTER SUCH A SUCCESSFUL SEASON AND SEVERAL TOO COME ABOUT???

Why would Matney ever leave after all the successful seasons he had? Maybe Rice has a few ties to Central....Is his kids enrolled in SC? Did he graduate from SC? Did his dad teach at SC? Did he or his brother play at SC? I said it was second hand info ,but who else would be up for the job. If JC was smart they would offer the job to him or Trimble.
If Rice Is Smart He Would Stick With The Upcoming Talent Here At Schs
Seems Jc Won;t Compete With Schs In The Next Few Years

I Think Martin County Cardinals Have Taken ( Jc)
Them Down Several Times Last Year And This Year In Middle School.. Girls Basketball.. What Talent Coming Up.... Anyone Would Jump For This Group Of Kids....
oldfoggie13 Wrote:WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD HE LEAVE SCHS AFTER SUCH A SUCCESSFUL SEASON AND SEVERAL TOO COME ABOUT???

MONEY???
I have been told by a very good source that Johnson County has offered coaches house, cars, gas cards etc... to come and coach there. I know he has a lot of talent coming up but sometimes you have to do what is best for your family and retirement. Johnson Central is a great job with a lot of kids to choose from. That alone would be enough to go.
I have heard Serena Williams was going to the next coach. But should Rice leave SC then he would be losing all respect he has built up in the county. If it deals with family then he should never have taken the SC job in the first place and simply waited for Wireman to step down. There is no comparision in the talent and I know he has told some that is he staying at SC but again nothing surprises me and as far Matney leaving it was the best thing for Sheldon Clark High School football becaue at least now Hager has shown that he a top notch coach and individual and the gridiron Cards are better without Matney. I hope that Rice stays because as he is fond of saying" building tradition back one game at a time". If he does leave then someone else will enjoy all this talent and he will be the one losing out..TongueirateSho
Down and Out Wrote:I have heard Serena Williams was going to the next coach. But should Rice leave SC then he would be losing all respect he has built up in the county. If it deals with family then he should never have taken the SC job in the first place and simply waited for Wireman to step down. There is no comparision in the talent and I know he has told some that is he staying at SC but again nothing surprises me and as far Matney leaving it was the best thing for Sheldon Clark High School football becaue at least now Hager has shown that he a top notch coach and individual and the gridiron Cards are better without Matney. I hope that Rice stays because as he is fond of saying" building tradition back one game at a time". If he does leave then someone else will enjoy all this talent and he will be the one losing out..TongueirateSho

WOW....and.....LOL:eyeroll:

Yes sir!!!
Down and Out Wrote:I have heard Serena Williams :yikes: was going to the next coach. But should Rice leave SC then he would be losing all respect he has built up in the county. If it deals with family then he should never have taken the SC job in the first place and simply waited for Wireman to step down. There is no comparision in the talent and I know he has told some that is he staying at SC but again nothing surprises me and as far Matney leaving it was the best thing for Sheldon Clark High School football becaue at least now Hager has shown that he a top notch coach and individual and the gridiron Cards are better without Matney. I hope that Rice stays because as he is fond of saying" building tradition back one game at a time". If he does leave then someone else will enjoy all this talent and he will be the one losing out..TongueirateSho

I don't think SERENA WILLIAMS has time with her practice schedule for all the major tennis tournaments she plays in and wins. Don't get me wrong, I would love for her to come. Maybe she could be the strength coach for several of our sports!:biggrin:

I think you meant Selena (Williams) Cochran. he just had a child, so I don't see her wanting the job anytime soon.

Let's go Rice!!!!!!!
Money.. Yes That Would Be The Main Reason. And Yes His Kids Are In Johnson County... Would Be A Good Move But Not Sure Its The Right Thing To Do ,,, But As We All Know Family Comes First.. As Well As Money

Hehehehe
hootie Wrote:I have been told by a very good source that Johnson County has offered coaches house, cars, gas cards etc... to come and coach there. I know he has a lot of talent coming up but sometimes you have to do what is best for your family and retirement. Johnson Central is a great job with a lot of kids to choose from. That alone would be enough to go.

What is your source hootie, or you just a blowfish trying to start something?

That alone would be enough to go.

Why couldn't you leave it @ that?
Well Coach Rice already has a house and car and other things in Johnson County but I don't think he will be leaving SC. He has a good thing there and I'm not even sure he is being considerd. Take it or leave it.
You people are definitely jumping the gun here. Until Wireman resigns officially, there is no position. Also, no one has been promised the job, and there sure as heck haven't been any offers of money, cars or anything else for that matter. When there is a job opening, all applications will be considered.
Come On People ... Why Would N't Bill Watson Be A Good Candidate For The Job... He Has A Daughter Playing There Doesn't He???
I think Bill would be a fine applicant as well as many others but like bball63 said Wireman hasn't officially resigned. We all know it will come but there is still lots of things that happen before anyone is offered what could be the best job in east KY.
One would imagine Darrin Rice would have to be the leading candidate for this job if he wants it.

And why would one not wish to go to the leading program in the 15th Region over the last decade? Especially when it's your alma mater and your family's there?

He's done a quality job at SCHS, but I suspect he's welcome home if he wants to come. I personally hope he does.
Randy Ward?
Bill Watson is a horrible coach. Why would they give it to him?
jchsrulz Wrote:What is your source hootie, or you just a blowfish trying to start something?

That alone would be enough to go.

Why couldn't you leave it @ that?

Let me state that I never said that they offered coach Rice the job or anything to come with it. I have no idea the situation. I do know that they are very serious about athletes at JC and have a lot of money to throw around. Nothing wrong with that. I am sorry if I offended anyone.
hootie Wrote:Let me state that I never said that they offered coach Rice the job or anything to come with it. I have no idea the situation. I do know that they are very serious about athletes at JC and have a lot of money to throw around. Nothing wrong with that. I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Saying you've heard that JC offers cars and houses is what I'm talking about. If you have proof that this is offered, then state your sources. I just don't think that kind of thing goes on. My opinion. Sorry if I offended you.
hootie Wrote:Let me state that I never said that they offered coach Rice the job or anything to come with it. I have no idea the situation. I do know that they are very serious about athletes at JC and have a lot of money to throw around. Nothing wrong with that. I am sorry if I offended anyone.

That is so not true. I don't know of any school system, with budget cuts coming right and left, that has money to throw around. I take it you don't work in the school system to make a statement like that.
I don't know if they offered stuff like that now, but I do know when they were shopping around for a boys basektball coach they offered a lot of stuff. By the way I am a teacher and coach.
Diogenes Wrote:One would imagine Darrin Rice would have to be the leading candidate for this job if he wants it.

And why would one not wish to go to the leading program in the 15th Region over the last decade? Especially when it's your alma mater and your family's there?

He's done a quality job at SCHS, but I suspect he's welcome home if he wants to come. I personally hope he does.

Don't know why anyone would want it personally. The only way to go is down.
Coach Wireman has done such a good job and the program has been on top for such a long time. What coach would want to follow that? Any success a new coach has will always be compared to Coach Wireman's success. Who ever takes it will be a short timer the first couple of years in my opinion.
Pages: 1 2 3 4