Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: ESPN - USA Today Preseason NCAA BBALL Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Receiving 28 of 31 first place votes the DUKE BLUE DEVILS start the season ranked number 1.

1. DUKE (28)
2. UCONN withno first place votes.
3. TEXAS (2)
4. VILLANOVA (1)
5. MICHIGAN ST.
6. OKLAHOMA
7. GONZAGA
8. LOUISVILLE
9. ARIZONA
10. KENTUCKY
11. BOSTON COLLEGE
12. MEMPHIS ST.
13. STANFORD
14. ALABAMA
15. WEST VIRGINIA
16. SYRACUSE
17. ILLINOIS
18.(tied) UCLA
18. (tied) WAKE FOREST
20. IOWA
21. MARYLAND
22. INDIANA
23. IOWA ST.
24. GEORGE WASHINGTON
25. NEVADA

Last season NCAA Champions North Carolina is currently ranked 36th after losing their top seven scorers from a year ago.
I'll take number 10. Go Big Blue!
I agree gives them something to shot for without getting the big head. Let DUKE stay there all season only to get knocked down later.
Is Memphis St. really supposed to be that good?
I don't think it should be Memphis State. I thought it was just Memphis. But I know they have one of the best point guards in the country. As a freshman last year he was a one man wrecking crew.
So they say. Not sure WSAZ showed them as Memphis St. still.
i like uk's chances this year and 10th isnt a bad start
Im glad to see UK round out the top ten.....tell u the truth i would rather them be ranked atleast 8 or 9 or 10 because if they were number 1 like Duke is...they would have to live up to all the hype they would be getting and thats alot of pressure for them....or and basketball team for that matter
and oohh not to mention that UNC's David Noel is the new teams leading scorer since they lost there top 7 scorers. His average is 3.9 points per game!
LOL State-32 can you do me a favor and change the color of your avatar it makes me think of UNC when I see it and my stomach can't take much more. LOL
Is gonzaga really a true top 10 team. I hardly doubt it.
I can't see how they can be as long as they play in the conference that they're currently in. I know they have a pretty good non-conference schedule but if you don't play tough teams on a regular basis during the season I can't see you staying a top ten team come tourney time.
Now that u mention it CatDawg it does.....and im like u it makes me think of UNC.....and they are one of the teams I really dont like in College Basketball
I just see that color and the N stands out so much I can't help but think of UNC.
I think they should be like a 6 or 7. but by the end of the year #1 BABY !!!
when was the last time UK was #1 in the pre-season polls?? it always seems like duke gets it no matter what.
i like the 10 rank take alot of pressure off and can go higher from here
Top 10 in the preseason, I will take it.
This way we don't have to play our asses off right out of the gate to hold onto our spot at the top, it will come later in the season when we really need it.
Doesn't surprise me that Duke got it either, that's a given, we will see later Blue Devils.
Seems that the cats do better when they have some ground to make up in the polls but, it dont matter where you are ranked till tournament times comes round and that is just for your seeding. We wanna cut the nets down and bring that big trophey back to lexington. GOOOO CATS
I finally found a good picture to change it too!....and I think u will like this one
Duke might be #1 now but wait till the season starts. The ACC is just great conference to get beat in every time you take the court. J.J. is a great shooter but Williams doesnt impress me enough.