Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Gillispie's status to be discussed after season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.kentucky.com/818/story/721248.html

University of Kentucky President Lee T. Todd said there won't be any discussion of men's basketball coach Billy Gillispie's job status until the season is over.

"We are not going to do any kind of evaluation of the basketball program until the season is over," Todd said Tuesday after being asked about Gillispie's future at Kentucky. "I'll leave that up to (athletics director) Mitch (Barnhart) to do the evaluation, sitting down with the coach, and then they'll come to me and we'll talk about anything they want to talk about."

Todd, who said the second half of UK's season has been a disappointment, and he acknowledged that there is a high level of concern among fans.

"I think every Kentucky fan is concerned, including the coach, including the athletic director," he said. "We didn't do nearly as well in the last half of the season as we did in the first half. That's pretty obvious."

Todd said he has been listening to UK basketball games since he was 4 years old.

"We want to get back to the Final Four and win another championship, so there is concern there, but there was concern over the football years and we've turned that around."

Todd said he is still hopeful that Kentucky can get into the NCAA Tournament by doing well in the SEC Tournament.

He declined to discuss whether he would favor Kentucky accepting a bid to the NIT. "We still have a shot at the NCAA. We will deal with the NIT question when that comes up, if that comes up," he said.

Todd said it is standard procedure to evaluate every university sport's program at the end of each season and then sit down to "talk about where we want to go."
This is a good decision to wait till after the season to discuss this. So there will be no distractions.
I like the move. I still think if we keep him, he needs to work on what he says after a loss.
Sounds pretty routine to me...
DeuceUL Wrote:Sounds pretty routine to me...

:Thumbs: Exactly, but you could figure that it was NEWS in the sate of Kentucky. All programs sit down at the end of each season to talk about the next, so this was by far no earth shattering event.
Like this...
Taken in Lexington today...lol
Jshort5 Wrote:Like this...

LOL :lmao:
Jshort5 Wrote:Like this...

Thats pretty funny.
MisterPerfect Wrote:This is a good decision to wait till after the season to discuss this. So there will be no distractions.

Make sense.