Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Skynyrd to rock Pikeville on New Year's Eve
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Officials have announced a date for the long-awaited rescheduled Lynyrd Skynyrd concert at the Eastern Kentucky Expo Center, and the famous southern rock band will be playing New Year's Eve with 38 Special.

The popular group sold out a planned Sept. 23 concert within hours when tickets went on sale earlier this year. However, the band canceled 16 shows, including the one at the Eastern Kentucky Exposition Center, because lead singer Johnny Van Zant needed to have surgery.

http://www.news-expressky.com/articles/2...kynryd.txt

:Cheerlead
That's awesome... I might go.. not sure yet
I was thinking about actually going to....seems like it would be something fun to do on that night...as long as it would be over by like 11....which I don't think that it would.
I would like to go see Skynard in Pikeville but I just can't force myself to be in Pikeville for New Years Eve...in all seriousness I am gald to see Pikeville get a big show like this for New Years Eve for the people of EKY. I heard that there was some new bars opening up downtown, have any of them opened yet?? If so, downtown Pikeville could be pretty exciting this New Years...Congrads to whoever in booking these shows(they are doing a GREAT job)on getting a nice show at the Expo Center for New Years Eve.
Champs opened up where The Station used to be...right across from the courthouse.

Who's going to be at RUPP this year? Anyone know?
Montogmery Gentry has had a concert in Rupp the past few years on New Years Eve. I went 2 years ago and it was them and Charlie Daniels Band which was a good concert.
Champs is open and seems to draw a pretty good crowd. Bars would make great money around the Civic Center.

I'm not going to this concert but I was at the Civic Center tonight and was looking good.

Lots of DRUNK people will be at this concert so I wouldn't want to be out on the roads down in Pikeville then.

I'll stick to partying with my friends.
I'd love to be somewhere on New Years Eve but in all honesty I don't think I will be...I just don't see my step-dad letting me out of the house...he hasn't yet...when I have went somewhere I had to be home at like 9:00...
I'd go if it was the real Skynyrd.
I'm thinking about going. I would have loved to been around when Ronnie Van Zant was still alive. I love Lyrnyrd Skynyrd. Comfort Eagle, what is your favorite Skynyrd song?
Tuesday's Gone or Swamp Music.
I thought that the concert was cancelled?
This is a different one.
I like Tuesday's Gone and Georgia Peaches.
wooo.... im loookn more for 38 speacal
Tuesdays Gone is my favorite along with free bird and simple man
the ballad of curtis lowe baby.....
TATE_64 Wrote:the ballad of curtis lowe baby.....

:rock:

Hey, Tate long time no see man. Hows things going?

You need to tell BW to get on sometime. I would love to talk to him. What is he up too?
Pretty good, working everyday.....How you been?

He gets on here and reads some under my name...lol
TATE_64 Wrote:Pretty good, working everyday.....How you been?

He gets on here and reads some under my name...lol

Nice, Where you living now. YOu still in richmond?
torQQue Wrote:Nice, Where you living now. YOu still in richmond?

Nope, we both moved back to Floyd Co....... Both hauling coal for the old man.......
TATE_64 Wrote:Nope, we both moved back to Floyd Co....... Both hauling coal for the old man.......

I didnt know that. But next time im home Ill stop in and see you all.
torQQue Wrote:I didnt know that. But next time im home Ill stop in and see you all.

awesome..... Yeah we moved back at the end of May....
yea i cant wait cause i will be there...

Tate buddy how you been? i thought you forgot about us on here.
Vincent Vega Wrote:yea i cant wait cause i will be there...

Tate buddy how you been? i thought you forgot about us on here.

Good, how about yourself?

PM your cell number if its changed.... If its the same I still have it. Get ahold of me sometime......

Nah, I tried to stay active on here reading, but I hardly ever posted mostly just read....:king:
I will not be there... don't really like skynard or 38 special..