Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
anyone know how good they're suppose to be and have they got their schedule situated yet?
Lost alot of lineman and Kelly at RB. Hopefully those younger guys can step up for the Cards.
Despite losing Kelly the Cards plenty of talent back for 2009 and as far as the schedule they will play Breathitt County in the season opener at home plus Lawrence County and Johnson Central on the road, Prestonsburg , Belfry, Pike Central and East Ridge inside the district and also Pikeville but last I heard Pikeville was trying to get out of the game. SC will also play Tug Valley:popcorn:
Despite losing Kelly, they have several kids who will step into the role. Not as a power back like Kelly though. Avery Ray, Matt Slone and Kristian Skyle will robably be the backfield next year.
Will Slone be there starting running back?
Down and Out Wrote:Despite losing Kelly the Cards plenty of talent back for 2009 and as far as the schedule they will play Breathitt County in the season opener at home plus Lawrence County and Johnson Central on the road, Prestonsburg , Belfry, Pike Central and East Ridge inside the district and also Pikeville but last I heard Pikeville was trying to get out of the game. SC will also play Tug Valley:popcorn:

Prestonsburg is a 2A school...There not apart of SC's district.
Real Badman Wrote:Prestonsburg is a 2A school...There not apart of SC's district.
Yeah, they will be playing pburg but its not a district game. i think theyve realy beefed up the schedule this year compared to last year.
yea slone should be the starting back!!! They lost 2 startes on the line but they will be replaced and the linemen they got coming back will be rly good they have worked hard so far in the weight room and will continue to work hard!!! This will be one of the strongest teams they have ever had to!! All the way baby!!!
SC will be a team to compete with anybody on their schedule. You know football is a game of momentum and who knows what will happen when a young team comes together and plays fundamentally sound football and the other team makes a few mistakes, but that is why we play the GAME !
Down and Out Wrote:Despite losing Kelly the Cards plenty of talent back for 2009 and as far as the schedule they will play Breathitt County in the season opener at home plus Lawrence County and Johnson Central on the road, Prestonsburg , Belfry, Pike Central and East Ridge inside the district and also Pikeville but last I heard Pikeville was trying to get out of the game. SC will also play Tug Valley:popcorn:

One of the toughest schedules in the region...wow....
3-7 Or 7-3
i know bolye co. was on the schedule but was took off because the school said it would be crazy to play jc, breathitt, boyle, pburg all in one season. i think they go a possible 4-6 and still have a chance to win region. it sounds crazy but could happen.
what about the 10th team on the schedule i only see nine rite now
Has any of the seniors from the squad last year decided where they are going to college? Will they be playing fooball once they get to college?
^none have decide to go anywhere there were a couple who got some offers but decided to further there education on there on terms.
well i think SC has been missing strong schedules and thats been hurting them when it comes playoff time. and i heard that the skyles kid is a beast.
How good do you think they will be this year! lose a few good players! Tough schedule how do you think hey will turn out at the end of the season?
who do they play?
This will be the strongest teams coach Hager has had and despite the loss of Kelly, the Cards running game will still be strong with the likes of Slone, Skyles, Ray and others. As far as who they play there is Breathitt County, Lawrence County,, Johnson Central, Prestonsburg, Pikeville to go along with Belfry in district play. Can't wait until July 15.:rockon:
I think they will give Belfry a run for their money this year, but still see the Pirates pulling out the crown
what will there record run at this up coming season?
Sheldon Clark will be the team to beat in the 09-10 season....
4-6
Aug 21, 09 Open home
Aug 28, 09 Breathitt County home 7:30 PM
Sep 4, 09 Lawrence County away 7:30 PM
Sep 11, 09 Johnson Central away 7:30 PM
Sep 18, 09 Fairland, OH home 7:30 PM
Sep 25, 09 Prestonsburg home 7:30 PM
Oct 2, 09 Tug Valley, WV away 7:30 PM
Oct 9, 09 East Ridge home 7:30 PM
Oct 16, 09 Belfry away 7:30 PM
Oct 23, 09 Pike County Central home 7:30 PM
Oct 30, 09 Pikeville away 7:30 PM
Well I dont know what Sheldon Clark brings back. But I can see them winning around 6-7 games. I dont see them beating Breathitt, Johnson Central, or Belfry. The Pburg game will be a game to watch. But still I see SC at home I see them winning. Good luck in 09 Cards!
7-3 Losing to Breathitt, Belfry, and Johnson Central.
Should be a fun year for these guys as they continue their climb to being one of the better teams in thier class.
Real Badman Wrote:Well I dont know what Sheldon Clark brings back. But I can see them winning around 6-7 games. I dont see them beating Breathitt, Johnson Central, or Belfry. The Pburg game will be a game to watch. But still I see SC at home I see them winning. Good luck in 09 Cards!

i agree with that
I certainly hope Sheldon Clark surprises a few people this year; I believe that they can!

Obviously I am somewhat prejudice, since I have a grandson playing on the team. He is sophomore but should see some action.

Good luck, and even better, execute with precision, Sheldon Clark.
If Sheldon Clark is going to do something it will be this season or the next being dominated with juniors and seniors. I really think that this may be the year for SC to turn some heads... We will see how good they are during week one when the Bobcats roll into town.
Pages: 1 2