Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 71 - South Laurel 35 (13th Region Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.

Didn't expect this to be a blowout.
Great game Corbin! I wasn't expecting a blowout like this either BA. Corbin came to play today.
Corbin is good ladies and gentlemen.
WOW...Congrats Corbin
PC_You_Know Wrote:Corbin is good ladies and gentlemen.

Yeah they just may be better than SV.:lmao:
Wow! What an impressive margin of victory for the Redhounds. No one expected this, I'm sure.

Congrats Corbin and good luck at Rupp!
zulu Wrote:Yeah they just may be better than SV.:lmao:

I would love to see that game to be honest. I've watched both play on many occasions and it would be VERY interesting to see.

Not to get anything started, but I really think Corbin would beat Valley.

Corbin is big, strong, physical, athletic, etc.

(Shooting Guard) Madison Johnson is pretty darn good.

PG is like 5'9, but quick. Then from there on, it's 6'4 and taller, not just taller but absolute brutes.
Ouch! Congrats Corbin!
Congrats Corbin
Wow!!! Dont expect this in a championship game !! Nice win!!!
Wow...Congrats Corbin!
Dang, Good job Corbin!
Hopefully we'll get to see the Corbin/SV game. Both teams have tough outs in the first round with Eastern and Mason County but after that, if Corbin wins and plays the way they should, one would think they are the favorite to play on Saturday night. I'd love nothing more than for Saturday night to be a night where us poor little dumb ol hillbillies Wink prove to the State that we are still what high school ball is all about. Valley will have a tougher road from the first round on but I'm rooting for them.

Tonight was a great win. Corbin had 2 starters with a flu like virus and Madison Johnson only scored 2 points. That is mind boggling.
Corbin 71 South Laurel 35

Corbin 17 15 20 19 71

South Laurel 10 9 8 8 35

13th Region at Bell Co.
Finals
Corbin (29-3) -- Wilson 18, L.Crawford 5, Johnson 2, Smith 18, J.Crawford 16, Manns 8, Hendrickson 4.
South Laurel (23-9) -- Watkins 7, Gilbert 8, Dean 2, Smith 10, St. John 8.
I dont know if I've ever seen a group of seniors or a team play as determined as Corbin was tonight. Josh Smith and Josh Crawford really set the tone for this game, Aaron Manns did a great job defending St. John, and SL had no answer for Isaac Wilson penetrating to the goal. I haven't seen many of the other top teams in the state, but i think if Corbin plays up to their potential then they should be able to compete with anyone.
Congrats Corbin
Corbin beat a good S Laurel team by double score, they are dangerous.
They made a statement with that win.