Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: DeMarcus Cousins to Memphis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DeMarcus Cousins picks Memphis after backing out of a commitment to UAB. This means Memphis has the # 2 and # 3 players in the 2009 class.
Wow! John Calipari is not only a great coach, he is a super recruiter.
I thought Xavier Henrey was #1 that has already commited to Memphis too?
John Wall is #1...and they could very well get him too
These are great pick-ups for Memphis.
gish_7 Wrote:John Wall is #1...and they could very well get him too

Yes they have a chance to land the top 3.
Congrats Tigers
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Wow! John Calipari is not only a great coach, he is a super recruiter.

They offer better cars in Memphis:flame:
Stardust Wrote:They offer better cars in Memphis:flame:
Calipari knows how to DELIVER :eyeroll:. Please someone pick up on that statement.

Looks like John Wall will get a nice car also.:biggrin:

:thumpsup:

:lmao: I dont know what they offer but it must be something good!!!!!!!!
MVP2 Wrote:I thought Xavier Henry was #1 that has already committed to Memphis too?

Xavier Henry is #1 over all in the ESPNU top 100. John Wall was #6 or 8 don't remember which. Demarcus Cousins is #4. All kinds of different polls that got these guys listed at different spots. Dont really matter they are all great H.S players!!!!!!
lil dog Wrote:Xavier Henry is #1 over all in the ESPNU top 100. John Wall was #6 or 8 don't remember which. Demarcus Cousins is #4. All kinds of different polls that got these guys listed at different spots. Dont really matter they are all great H.S players!!!!!!

:Thumbs: different pole different ratings just how it is. no matter what... they are 2 of the top caliber players by far in the country! but i dont see john wall going with evans there:argue: #1 PG in the country is going to want a starting spot on lock up. Evans isn't going give it up with the ease with his #'s :1:
Memphis is starting to be a top recruiting basketball team.
beasy_bo Wrote::Thumbs: different pole different ratings just how it is. no matter what... they are 2 of the top caliber players by far in the country! but i dont see john wall going with evans there:argue: #1 PG in the country is going to want a starting spot on lock up. Evans isn't going give it up with the ease with his #'s :1:

Even if they don't land Wall and Evans stays, Memphis will be contenders once again next year.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Even if they don't land Wall and Evans stays, Memphis will be contenders once again next year.
:Thumbs: yes they will but they still have to go through UNC they're stacked
beasy_bo Wrote::Thumbs: yes they will but they still have to go through UNC they're stacked

I just feel sorry for the rest of Conference USA. haha
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:I just feel sorry for the rest of Conference USA. haha
:lmao: :lmao: no I don't but it definitely put memphis at a #1 seed with the weak :moon: conference if they don't have injuries
beasy_bo Wrote::Thumbs: yes they will but they still have to go through UNC they're stacked

stacked? thats what everyone says every year. come talk to me when they actually make it to at least the championship game. everyone had them winning it last year and kansas pounded them and went on to play the memphis tigers. which are threats this year, and after getting those players, and tyreke evans most likely staying, then they are deff. a good pick to win a title next year.
lol wow why would anyone want to go play in a mid major conference? Conference USA? lol whata joke.. .. I guess for a car, and a big bag of money people would go anywhere
mr football 03 Wrote:lol wow why would anyone want to go play in a mid major conference? Conference USA? lol what a joke.. .. I guess for a car, and a big bag of money people would go anywhere

You can bet the NCAA is watching every move they make!! It wouldnt surprise me if we read about violations by the tigers soon(not saying there is just wouldnt be shocked)