Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville/Pikeville/Prestonsburg area.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is the deal. I know there are a lot of you that are familiar with the listed areas.

I work for a material supplier in the Ashland Ky area and I have been given the territory of Paintsville/Pikeville/Prestonsburg area.

What I am asking is for information about area contractors or any residential or commercial buildings coming up in the area.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Commonwealth Building and Construction is a good one in Pikeville.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Commonwealth Building and Construction is a good one in Pikeville.

Thanks for the start.
Here is another question.

In the near future I am going to spend a couple of days a week in the Pikeville area and have decided that I can get more work done if I stay in the area.

Any suggestions of a decent place to stay that is clean, quiet and reasonable. It is company paid but all I need is a clean bed, TV and clean towels. I'm pretty simple.

It would be a plus if it is in the AT&T cellular service area so I can keep in touch with the family and customers.
Midee1 Wrote:Here is another question.

In the near future I am going to spend a couple of days a week in the Pikeville area and have decided that I can get more work done if I stay in the area.

Any suggestions of a decent place to stay that is clean, quiet and reasonable. It is company paid but all I need is a clean bed, TV and clean towels. I'm pretty simple.

It would be a plus if it is in the AT&T cellular service area so I can keep in touch with the family and customers.
The Hampton Inn downtown is VERY nice and new.

You can get service in Pikeville with AT&T just about anywhere within city limits.
What used to be the Super 8, over near WalMart would be centrally located and reasonably priced! There is also a Holiday Inn Express and the previously mentioned Hamton Inn.
Be honest Midee, you only took that territory so you can ease over to pond Creek and do some spy work Big Grin

Seriously, the commercial new construction in Pike County seems to be slow right now, But a couple spots to keep your eye on for the near future is anything on US 119 between Pikeville and Belfry, particularly the new cut throughs, anything to do with Pikeville Medical, and right at the junction of US 119 and US 23.

The new corridor of US 119 rides the ridges of existing strip jobs, so it has produced numerous flat parcelsof land right next to the roadway. Whatever commerical new construction that happens over the enxt couple years will primarily be focused here or at the junction of 119 and 23 due to the flattened land the river bottom has produced.

PMH continues to grow and thrive, and it wouldn;t surprise me one bit to see more additions in the coming future.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Be honest Midee, you only took that territory so you can ease over to pond Creek and do some spy work Big Grin

Seriously, the commercial new construction in Pike County seems to be slow right now, But a couple spots to keep your eye on for the near future is anything on US 119 between Pikeville and Belfry, particularly the new cut throughs, anything to do with Pikeville Medical, and right at the junction of US 119 and US 23.

The new corridor of US 119 rides the ridges of existing strip jobs, so it has produced numerous flat parcelsof land right next to the roadway. Whatever commerical new construction that happens over the enxt couple years will primarily be focused here or at the junction of 119 and 23 due to the flattened land the river bottom has produced.

PMH continues to grow and thrive, and it wouldn;t surprise me one bit to see more additions in the coming future.

I may have to stop in and check them out a bit. Fill our coaches in on what they are doing.:eyeroll:

I really appreciate the information. I have made contact with the Hospital and that seems to be promising. I am also going to work my way over towards Williamson WV as well so the 199 route sounds pretty promising.

I am also interested in residential work as well.
No problem brother. If I still lived in the area I would have a better fill for where the resi market is continuing to grow. My best guess will be the ridge lines of Pikeville and Owsley addition. In Pburg and Paintsville I really have no cloue, but would think that Stonecrest Golf Course would be a good start.

I am in the industrial supply field myself as I work for a lighting agency here in Atlanta. I am not real familiar with all the contractors back home, but I can say that your territory DEFINATELY is need of a good affordable supply house, especially if you all do anything in the electrical side of things. Electrical distributors are few and far between and a far cry from what I am used to down here.
There were some houses being developed on the mountain near Stonecrest years ago. Cedar Creek and Fields Way in Pikeville are the upcoming thing as far as I know. Like someone mentioned, with the new highway projects in development, get on that bandwagon somehow.
thetribe Wrote:There were some houses being developed on the mountain near Stonecrest years ago. Cedar Creek and Fields Way in Pikeville are the upcoming thing as far as I know. Like someone mentioned, with the new highway projects in development, get on that bandwagon somehow.

Directions to either location would be appreciated.

If you have anyone working in the Letcher area we have some building that can be used for companies like that. If you are interested you can contact our Judge Executive Jim Ward, and the magistrate over the downtown area Codel Gibson.
I don't know which number it is but after you pass Pikeville High School and that big Community Trust Bank take that next ramp. Turn right to go to Cedar Creek and left to go to Fields Way. Fields Way is just a little distant on the right, there us a sign out front. Larry Fields with the Pike Land Company may be the one to contact for both.
super 8 in prestonsburg central location of all 3 areas with AT&T service avaliable, mention Missy for a great rate...
thetribe Wrote:I don't know which number it is but after you pass Pikeville High School and that big Community Trust Bank take that next ramp. Turn right to go to Cedar Creek and left to go to Fields Way. Fields Way is just a little distant on the right, there us a sign out front. Larry Fields with the Pike Land Company may be the one to contact for both.

It is exit 24. Another start could be Roase Construction.... they do a lot of the building for the hospital in Pikeville, but I think they are located in Harold, between Prestonsburg and Pikeville!
oldeagle Wrote:super 8 in prestonsburg central location of all 3 areas with AT&T service avaliable, mention Missy for a great rate...

I'll look into that and see what happens.

PHS95 Wrote:It is exit 24. Another start could be Roase Construction.... they do a lot of the building for the hospital in Pikeville, but I think they are located in Harold, between Prestonsburg and Pikeville!

We are already doing some business with Rose over at the Hospital through one of our other locations.

Thanks for the heads up so far.
Anyone familiar with the motel/hotel over behind Lowes in Pikeville?

The price is reasonable but I would like to know some more about it if anyone has any information.
It used to be a Super 8 but it has since changed hands. Some rooms had a jacuzzi back then. That's all I know about it.
Midee1 Wrote:Anyone familiar with the motel/hotel over behind Lowes in Pikeville?

The price is reasonable but I would like to know some more about it if anyone has any information.

Used to work there! Has always been clean and reasonable.... nothing to sneeze at for the price! Ask for a room on the front side of the building, though, so the train doesn't wake you!